Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 11-10-2022, 01:09 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Testing cross team guild/group, dark elf faction, and inability to attack team races in their capitol city.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

Pet root was way OP. You're gonna wanna balance that. They nerfed spell damage too, but I forget by what %

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Melee is OP at max gear even in Kunark max gear.

In vanilla casters are better off because stuff lands.

Just leave zone plugging alone. When someone plugs, they lose. They’re offline and when they come back online they will maybe just get killed anyways. On this server with less death penalty it will be even more of a hassle to cowardly avoid death by plugging.

I don’t think it’s worth the trouble to “fix” this and it’s a classic mechanic. zone lines are inherently safer than places far from zone lines, that’s how EQ works in every instance both PVP and not pvp.

Spell damage and resists are pretty important. At 100mr most CC spells should not land or not last very long. That’s how it was on live. This means casters are fun at low levels and less fun when people get decent resist gear.

Check pet aggro. On live for quite a while a mage pet could be attacking you at guards and the guards would do nothing. Then if you attack the pet, they kill you.

This behavior would make sense for a max ally mage pet but it was like this for all pet activities when the pet owner was out of range of the guards.

Guard NPCs should help whoever has best faction. If you had better faction than someone else you could kill them in cold blood in front of guards. If they had worse faction and attacked you near guards, guards would aggro them.

Capitol cities would need to be impossible to gain faction and all people of that faction should start at max ally or whatever you determine makes sense, so a Halfling in kelethin can’t really attack anyone without getting aggro from all the guard NPCs
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 11-10-2022 at 10:13 AM..
Old 11-10-2022, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

what about same faction gustoo? no guard interference? Also ppl should take faction hits for killing ppl.

And evil team should not be able to get past dubios faction with good team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also what happened on R99 during raiding in terms of combat in general? Was melee or casting overpowered?

I'm thinking about including my classic channeling code but people will freak out since they're used to P99 care bear channeling. If it would positively impact PvP though by making casters less powerful during pre-Kunark era I think it's worth it. The main difference is you have to pass a channeling check for every attack not just one roll.

I wanted to make a private emulator server to play on with my family so I intend to pursue making this a classic server with clear boundaries on customization. PvP relevant stuff, experience rates, and the Faydwer map should be close to all of the custom changes compared to pre-Kunark era.
I remember having to box strafe super hardcore to maybe get a 1-3 second cast off and it could still be interupted on live in pvp if the melee bro was on u and it did not need max haste and like two tiny daggers

melee sucked on EMU because of this they where indeed a lot better on live especially if two or three melee could swarm a caster or one get the drop on them in tight quarters.
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-10-2022 at 11:50 AM..
Old 11-10-2022, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

I think you should also add a gnome banker inside the Sol A gnome town to create a Highkeep type of zone for the shorties. Just looking at the map, it seems like elves currently have the advantage in terms of how close their banks are to their farming locations. Mistmoore for example is deep in elf territory with a dark elf camp / banker close by.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-10-2022, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

On live spells got interrupted a lot. You had to cast between hits if you were face to face like on a melee. Otherwise they got interrupted. Channeling was rare.

Here you just cast and it goes off.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Another note on banking:

Elf team currently has 4 banks, shorts currently have 2. Maybe fix it like this:

Kaladim --- Kelethin
Ak'Anon --- Felwithe
Sol A --- Dark elf camp
Paw --- Runnyeye

The 4th elf bank is technically Runnyeye (which has banker & merchant). They are monster merchants though so sneak is required, however they are still located only 1 zone away from the elf raid zone of Sol B.

You can even this out by making the 4th shorty bank in Paw. Again, make them gnoll bankers / merchant so sneak is required or faction spell. This gives shorties a bank also only 1 zone from their raid zone of Permafrost.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-10-2022, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live spells got interrupted a lot. You had to cast between hits if you were face to face like on a melee. Otherwise they got interrupted. Channeling was rare.

Here you just cast and it goes off.
one caveat clerics seemed to channel the best, and paladins with full plate like some how max hit played a rolele or everyone who whore plate just told themselves that

bards also got interupted madly while just singing if they got touched even a lil bit
Old 11-10-2022, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

That goes beyond my reckoning as I mostly played a ranger and other soft classes.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Dark Elf camp in lfay becomes a slightly larger custom camp where Dark Elf players start possibly with some custom level 1-5 mobs for them to level on before traveling elsewhere. Bank, vendor, spells, trainers, etc.
Maybe just have the Dark elves inhabit the abandoned gnome buildings in Steam? Buildings near old Ak'Anon entrance / windmills? There are a lot of NPC dark elves that would be needed... class trainers, merchants, guards, banker etc. Steam would give you more space + buildings that already exist + newbie friendly starting area.

Runnyeye entrance in the mino caves?

Elendil's Giveaway