Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 11-10-2022, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Dark elf’s are not gnome aligned you gotta add sk necro vendors and gms to felwithe basically right?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

Well Ak'Anon is being magically transported to Butcherblock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Gnomes, once this attack from the elves started, magically moved the entrance for their city to Butcherblock.

Blackburrow zone is in a small abandoned tower in Butcherblock. You walk through the tower door to zone. Gnomes start in Akanon and when you zone out of Akanon you zone into Butcher at the undead tower next to the Druid BB port.
So my thoughts are instead of starting dark elves in LFAY in a tiny camp & then the extra work of adding newbie mobs... just start them in Steam which is abandoned anyway. No extra work needed really.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-10-2022, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Short team has one less race and I'll be playing a Dark Elf. Elf team has some pretty sweet zones honestly I kind of consider them OP not the short team. I will admit the short team is probably more fun though. Plus, sadly, none of the short team races can do a flying kick animation as monks but all of the elf races can. The NPCs are in that make any race at level 1 a shaman, bard, or monk.
So humans are out then? Will halfling rangers & gnome sk be possible now?

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-10-2022, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

I’m just saying start em in felwithe and you just need two GMs and a handful of spell vendors
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-10-2022, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Ahh yeah, that would be easy too.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-10-2022, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Dark elves don't need anything actually. I was thinking about vendors and such but then I realized skills and spells auto train/scribe so what exactly do you need? The only other function is banking and selling both of which they can do in Felwithe. Maybe crafting or something which currently you max skill on at level 2 so that's not a problem.

The Dark Elf camp as a starting spot only really needs some newb mobs to get you to level 5ish before you run to gfay. It needs like one vendor with some basic newb gear like backpacks and stuff (not that it even needs those) and to be able to sell to.

So I was thinking of making that camp just kind of like a safe spot. Add another 2-5ish dark elves and it's just a place in lfay that the elf team can hang out and the other team risks aggro from the NPCs. That's about it. They just start there because it kind of fits with classic and it makes their life a little more challenging which is also classic. They have longer to run to crushbone until they get bind and stuff like that.

If anything I think Dark Elves should just start in Felwithe. I moved Gnomes to Butcher because they were too far from Dwarves/Halflings and now the Elf team is split between lfay/gfay whereas Dwarf team is all together. I probably should do that because GFay/Butcher being connected to capitol cities and all races starting in or within cities connected to these zones provides decent balance.

Halfling ranger and gnome SK will be in for balance. Humans are out. It's Gnome/Dwarf/Halfling vs High Elf/Half Elf/Wood Elf/Dark Elf.

Thanks for the PvP feedback. It sounds like classic channeling should be in. I have the same memory of the importance of avoiding melees for casters. I used to always have levitate buried in my buff stack so I could run up walls and stuff to get out of melee range and then the melee would run out of range/around corners and use a bow. There was a sort of meta there to movement you would always have to fake out melees as a caster to try to get that few second window to get a spell off. It balanced how powerful spells were prior to raid resist gear.
Old 11-11-2022, 05:07 AM
Fire Giant

Spent some time refining dueling. There is a "Duel Coordinator" character in Kaladim/Felwithe. He offers Crushbone and Blackburrow instanced dueling where you just join with your current gear/level. Players get zoned in and have about 30 seconds for someone to accept their duel or they get ejected. If someone accepts they join in, fight, and the winner is ejected about 30 seconds after the other player is dead. Both players are flagged red PVP so that you can also duel people on your own team. This lets you loot their corpse and take a victory lap on some orcs or whatever. The loser has to ask the duel NPC to give them back their corpse. This currently lets you summon any corpses you have but I can restrict it later to just instance created corpses.

This can be extended in so many ways. I already see it is possible to create a group, sign up for a duel, and have another group accept the challenge. All the necessary functionality is there.

Server name is FaydWAR was decided on the pvpeq.com forums. I'll switch the domain to faydwar.com soon.

I'll do a soft beta launch tommorrow, hope people can check it out. I have some friends who are going to play maybe 3-5ish people plus Gustoo offered to pre-beta beta test so hopefully I can get some fixes in from that feedback prior to launch. This is a rough beta I'm sure all kinds of stuff is messed up and not classic I need to start making the list.
Last edited by azxten; 11-11-2022 at 05:10 AM..
Old 11-11-2022, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

If casters are getting autogranted spells, will melee be autogranted equipment? Maybe shortsword * scales with level?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-11-2022, 06:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If casters are getting autogranted spells, will melee be autogranted equipment? Maybe shortsword * scales with level?
Yeah, I was going to start players with fine steel but then I realized you could just farm plat selling it on new characters. You already get about 1pp of gear from the armor. I'll figure something out though melees should have a similar starting advantage. This just gets you to level 10-20ish when you have to start making choices about where to go and what to camp to equip yourself. Nothing would scale or be provided that is intended to help beyond that.
Old 11-11-2022, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

Just improve the starter weapons to fine steel instead of rusty stats?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung