Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 11-28-2022, 01:26 PM
Orc

Oh, last thing. I've started to see a few other people online. I tried talking with a few, but I couldn't understand them and I don't think they could understand me. Turns out my language was set to Elvish (I am a dwarf). Is there a way to change the default language? If not, you might need to let people know to check which language they are talking in.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Good to know the most important feature of the server is working )))
Old 11-28-2022, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Oh, last thing. I've started to see a few other people online. I tried talking with a few, but I couldn't understand them and I don't think they could understand me. Turns out my language was set to Elvish (I am a dwarf). Is there a way to change the default language? If not, you might need to let people know to check which language they are talking in.
I thought I had confirmed the default language was first in this list but I guess not. I gave different races a few starting points in enemy languages. Everyone gets Elvish/Dwarvish 100 for their team but then I threw in some other stuff so that hopefully skill ups would occur without training. The "common tongue" is always Dwarvish or Elvish for a team but this other stuff still exists with some arbitrary levels for each race to add flavor.

I agree this could use better messaging if the defaults aren't working. I just made a Dwarf Monk and he defaulted to Dark Speech. I'll see what I can do. I could just remove the enemy languages and set each team to know all the racial languages of their team but that is kind of lame.

Quote:
case DARK_ELF:
{
pp->languages[LANG_ELVISH] = 100;
pp->languages[LANG_DARK_SPEECH] = 100;
pp->languages[LANG_ELDER_ELVISH] = 50;
pp->languages[LANG_DARK_ELVISH] = 100;
pp->languages[LANG_DWARVISH] = 15;
pp->languages[LANG_GNOMISH] = 5;
pp->languages[LANG_HALFLING] = 5;
break;
}
case DWARF:
{
pp->languages[LANG_DWARVISH] = 100;
pp->languages[LANG_GNOMISH] = 50;
pp->languages[LANG_HALFLING] = 50;
pp->languages[LANG_ELVISH] = 5;
pp->languages[LANG_ELDER_ELVISH] = 5;
pp->languages[LANG_DARK_ELVISH] = 15;
break;
}
case GNOME:
{
pp->languages[LANG_GNOMISH] = 100;
pp->languages[LANG_HALFLING] = 50;
pp->languages[LANG_ELVISH] = 5;
pp->languages[LANG_ELDER_ELVISH] = 15;
pp->languages[LANG_DARK_ELVISH] = 5;
break;
}
case HALF_ELF:
{
pp->languages[LANG_DARK_ELVISH] = 50;
pp->languages[LANG_DWARVISH] = 15;
break;
}
case HALFLING:
{
pp->languages[LANG_HALFLING] = 100;
pp->languages[LANG_GNOMISH] = 50;
pp->languages[LANG_ELVISH] = 15;
pp->languages[LANG_ELDER_ELVISH] = 5;
pp->languages[LANG_DARK_ELVISH] = 5;
break;
}
case HIGH_ELF:
{
pp->languages[LANG_ELDER_ELVISH] = 100;
pp->languages[LANG_DWARVISH] = 5;
pp->languages[LANG_GNOMISH] = 15;
break;
}
case WOOD_ELF:
{
pp->languages[LANG_HALFLING] = 15;
pp->languages[LANG_DWARVISH] = 5;
break;
}
The Monk kick thing I just tested starting as a Dwarf Cleric. You get small patchwork boots but once you change to a Monk these aren't actually usable anymore. If you remove the boots kick starts working and you can't put them back on. I'll have to adjust gear when changing to monk probably for both hands/feet to avoid the weirdness in those attack calculations which consider what you're wearing there if you are a monk. Also sadly the monk attack animations for things like flying kick don't work on the short races. This also raises questions about itemization for custom race Monks. Small patchwork won't allow monks but normal size does. Probably need to add Monk to small armor, checking Wus for example it only allows Human/Iksar. Same for shiverback hide stuff. So yeah need a monk equipment adjustment to include elves/dwarves. Same for Bard/Shaman gear. Thanks.
Last edited by azxten; 11-28-2022 at 03:51 PM..
Old 11-28-2022, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Deriving damage from worn AC is a far far far post classic mechanic. Tear it out!

You’re gonna have to do a load of database work applying ‘monk’ to usable classes on much small leather gear and adding dwarf to monk only gear.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-28-2022, 06:58 PM
Orc

Yeah, I had looted some bronze knuckles that I was going to use for the monk, but dwarfs can't equip them.

Do you have a full list of the possible race/class combos available somewhere? I'm not seeing it on your website.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:12 PM
Orc

By the way, for Shamz, when I try to scribe SoW it says "You will have to achieve level 255 before you can scribe the Spirit of Wolf."
Old 11-30-2022, 07:47 PM
Orc

My casting specialization skills keep getting reset to 1. Not sure what's up with that. It just says "Your spell casting specializations skills have been reset. Only 1 primary specialization skill is allowed."
Old 12-04-2022, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My casting specialization skills keep getting reset to 1. Not sure what's up with that. It just says "Your spell casting specializations skills have been reset. Only 1 primary specialization skill is allowed."
Probably the auto skill up functionality is coded to set specialization to 1 because they didn't want to max it out and prevent you from choosing. I'm using a preexisting plugin for this functionality. I'll have to fix this same as trade skills maxing out when they probably shouldn't.

Quote:
Do you have a full list of the possible race/class combos available somewhere?
Not yet but the doctor NPCs allow any race to be a shaman, bard, or monk. Other than that it's base EQ with the exception that Gnomes can be SK/Pal and Halfling can be Ranger. I think.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:55 AM
Fire Giant

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/2610/commits

First commit back to EQEmu server project to make the "PVPSettings" rule values actually work. Currently it just turns PvP on for everyone if you set it to 1. It has values for racial, deity, and discord rulesets but they only signal to the client that you're on this type of server. This is how the client changes the name tag colors for example. Another example is the client showing this message when I was testing and had different deity characters on the same account.

I didn't read anything about EQemu commit process so we'll see if I get a grumpy reply to RTFM.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

These changes allow proper attacking between racial/deity teams or FFA for Discord. So as an example if you set the Discord ruleset you can PvP everyone but their name will be blue. This does not include the additional code to set level limits per rule set and other rule set specific mechanics. Just a first step I'll do that later.

I've been doing a lot of bulk changes to the database because it's so easy. No iksars before Kunark, no Vah Shir before Luclin, setting zone min_expansion settings. I trimmed down quests to just "classic" zones and started ordering them by value of rewards in terms of experience and items to ensure everything is set for appropriate expansions or removed.

A lot of bug reports from FaydWAR are fixed now in ClassicEmu I just have to reimplement all the FaydWAR stuff I did that is "classic" in ClassicEmu first. This is what I get for starting a custom classic server before realizing it would be stupid to make such a project when instead I could have a classic server that can be customized. Good thing to redo this work now though.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:25 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Excited to see this release Azxten. The only reason I created this account and am on this forum is due to your work.

Please keep an update going as you are, thanks kindly my man. Cheers.