Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The future of P99 is complete shutdown of the servers, thereby nullifying your progress and time spent. All you will have is your memories of being fuckbags to each other.

Yall mother fuckers need Jesus.
True, but thats also true with regard to the entire universe.

even long before that, the sun (our star) will run low on fuel, become a red giant and expand to the orbit of mars, incinerating everything.

It doesn't matter what you do in life, because even "all of life" will end, so just chase anything that makes you feel good.

Jesus needs ME, I dont need Jesus. Without me, there is no one to believe in a diety, thusly the deity cannot exist.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:22 AM
Banned

I fully endorse OPs server btw.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

The future is probably a neglected server from the staff now that their project is completed or they get a lawsuit and have to shut it down. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2021, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't matter what the P99 staff does, any content canon or custom will be blown through.

All of us are experts on everquest, theres literally nothing they can do to throw us a curve ball.

They could drop Claws of Veeshan content (current live xpac) on us and we'd have to grind a bit of xp, then we'd destroy it.
I vote for more flurry adds.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I vote for more flurry adds.
Shadow Knights/Paladins:

Finally, my day has come.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Its time for the great reset.
Old 10-15-2021, 01:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The future of P99 is complete shutdown of the servers, thereby nullifying your progress and time spent. All you will have is your memories of being fuckbags to each other.
I never took screenshots on live and I regret it, so now I take too many in the hope that when the server shuts down I can look at them years down the line with my homies and remember the good times we had on P99. All good things... as they say.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

The thing is, what has this all been for? Blue was Alpha..Green is Beta..and Red is dead. The whole point of this was to relive classic EQ, why not make it last forever in a self destructive waltz of Classic, Kunark and Velious? Otherwise they will have made 3 servers with a shelf-life of 4-5 years and 10 years until it's completely stale. I say bring about Rainbow Server!
Old 10-17-2021, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is, what has this all been for? Blue was Alpha..Green is Beta..and Red is dead. The whole point of this was to relive classic EQ, why not make it last forever in a self destructive waltz of Classic, Kunark and Velious? Otherwise they will have made 3 servers with a shelf-life of 4-5 years and 10 years until it's completely stale. I say bring about Rainbow Server!
The thing to do would be make 4 servers: you can roll on any server, but each character has a 1 year shelf life on any server but Red. Spend a year on Classic, get automoved to Kunark. Spend a year on Kunark, get automoved to Velious. Spend a year on Velious, get automoved to Turdville. That'll prevent 8 slots of level 60's from farming the shit out of everything except on the server nobody gives a shit about.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

I still think rap battles for FTE would benefit the entire community. Get rid of camping, bring in sick roasts, the peanut gallery and the true test of meaning.