Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-31-2021, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default 4k UI or dpi scaling advice

I use rustle4k on P99

Does anyone know of a 4k UI that will work on TakP?

Those folks over there don't seem to have alot in the way of that knowledge.

could also help on p99, rustle4k is pretty great, still have issues seeing the things I am typing as they are the normal size text.

text being typed is the biggest problem I've got when playing on a 4k tv from 15 feet away
Last edited by Trexller; 08-31-2021 at 01:41 PM..
Old 08-31-2021, 02:18 PM
Server GM

Launch with wineq & use the windows 10 scale to make it fit to 4k without any issues. I

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Boxing = Perma Ban
Old 08-31-2021, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use rustle4k on P99

Does anyone know of a 4k UI that will work on TakP?

Those folks over there don't seem to have alot in the way of that knowledge.

could also help on p99, rustle4k is pretty great, still have issues seeing the things I am typing as they are the normal size text.

text being typed is the biggest problem I've got when playing on a 4k tv from 15 feet away
Like I said before you need to redo all of the DDS/TGA files and the ini files to scale correctly on a 4K monitor - everything has to be rescaled to 4x the size. Basically you are re doing a whole UI again from scratch which is why most modders won't do it.

Can it be done? Sure. Buts its just easier to run EQ at 1080p or 2K resolution.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:38 AM
Fire Giant

If its a TV not a PC monitor then you will need to upscale like galach said, but that won't change the actual in game interface.

I made a interface for 4k, not sure if it will work in Takp but I am working on converting it to live client might work then.

https://www.eqinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=6847

Also, use /chatfontsize 6
Last edited by Shawk; 09-01-2021 at 12:41 AM..
Old 09-16-2021, 04:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If its a TV not a PC monitor then you will need to upscale like galach said, but that won't change the actual in game interface.

I made a interface for 4k, not sure if it will work in Takp but I am working on converting it to live client might work then.

https://www.eqinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=6847

Also, use /chatfontsize 6
Hi Shawk,

First off - thanks so much for all your work on the upscale!

My friend made some modifications to the EQUI_GroupWindow.xml file - which were badly needed, since your upscale created some distortions in the party health window. If you want me to send them to you to update your UI file, I would be happy to do so. Please let me know.

Thanks again for your great work!

-Jute
Old 09-17-2021, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomagradd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Shawk,

First off - thanks so much for all your work on the upscale!

My friend made some modifications to the EQUI_GroupWindow.xml file - which were badly needed, since your upscale created some distortions in the party health window. If you want me to send them to you to update your UI file, I would be happy to do so. Please let me know.

Thanks again for your great work!

-Jute
Awesome glad you like you. Sorry about group window I think I did it in my head but didn't actually test it out haha, I haven't joined a group in a year or so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I fixed it on the LIVE EQ version I am working on so it looks like this now (on live EQ):

So i'll transfer the fixes over to the P99 version and upload it soon, worked a ton on the spellgem, button icons etc so should look better in next update. Let me know of any other issues you find if you don't mind, I don't play much so I probably missed a thing or two. I will also upload a modified version too and I am working on making it so you can just drag the windows and the contents scale as the window gets bigger so that should make it usable at all resolutions.
Last edited by Shawk; 09-17-2021 at 01:48 PM..
Old 09-17-2021, 08:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome glad you like you. Sorry about group window I think I did it in my head but didn't actually test it out haha, I haven't joined a group in a year or so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I fixed it on the LIVE EQ version I am working on so it looks like this now (on live EQ):

So i'll transfer the fixes over to the P99 version and upload it soon, worked a ton on the spellgem, button icons etc so should look better in next update. Let me know of any other issues you find if you don't mind, I don't play much so I probably missed a thing or two. I will also upload a modified version too and I am working on making it so you can just drag the windows and the contents scale as the window gets bigger so that should make it usable at all resolutions.
Awesome! Thanks.

Did you add % for xp bar when you mouse over it? I think that may be the only other big thing I'd love to see! I'll look out for the update.

Many thanks

-Jute
Old 09-22-2021, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomagradd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome! Thanks.

Did you add % for xp bar when you mouse over it? I think that may be the only other big thing I'd love to see! I'll look out for the update.

Many thanks

-Jute
Just saw this, sounds good. Should be up tonight. I just added the EXP % beside the Gauge[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2021, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Just saw this, sounds good. Should be up tonight. I just added the EXP % beside the Gauge[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got carried away with the Live version but finished an update on the P99 version here: https://www.eqinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=6847

Old 10-19-2021, 03:36 PM
Aviak

Cool - looks like you added the spell book! Any other big changes?