Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

speaking of things that are good, like new world [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2021, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

needs marble
Old 10-18-2021, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mix and match any of nine race/class combinations!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i want this as wallpaper for my whole house and the inside of my eyelids too.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got to level zero! I created a character that looked like every other character. I was the same height and body style as everyone else. I was the same race. I went out and saw some guys with these huge anime-hammers like 10 feet long just floating on their backs. And then I watched some people fight and it was all this giant jumble of explosions and whooshes and sparklies with numbers flying everywhere.

I didn't do any quests because they are all the same trivial ask. I didn't do any crafting because it's just makework to keep you busy. I didn't go into any dungeons because there weren't any. I didn't participate in pvp because that is locked behind 100s of hours of pointless crafting, I mean pointless other than serving as a gate to the content you actually want.

Then I looked at their chat functionality. Then I logged off and got a refund. Complete and utter trash buoyed by graphics that they obviously spent all their time and money on to hook people in with flash over substance.

I can't think of a single mechanic or feature in this game that is innovative. It's literally all the same recycled ideas from a bunch of different games.

I don't need to swim in shit for six hours. I smelled it before I even jumped in.

I understand why people want to give this soulless adventure in corporate game-making a shot. Because there hasn't been a major mmo release in 4 years and the most popular one is 20 years old and the highest rated one is 9. However, New World is junk. Sorry. I really am. I wish New World was worth it, just to keep the mmo genre solid and fruitful.
That's a whole lot of words to say you don't know anything other than what it looks like. It reads like you took a bunch of misinformed steam reviews, tossed them in a blender, and this is what came out.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a whole lot of words to say you don't know anything other than what it looks like. It reads like you took a bunch of misinformed steam reviews, tossed them in a blender, and this is what came out.
Weak
Old 10-18-2021, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any lore or depth? It looks like a bunch of random areas with random names for the sake of it (like the Fortnite map).
There's the main story arc that you follow. Other than that, there are tons of notes/books around the world that you can read for lore. Most players just add to journal for a bit of xp and don't read though. But it's there if you want it.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weak
I thought so too
Old 10-19-2021, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

Defensive over a WalMart/FedEx game. You are arguing with people who played original EQ. You have a journal and a story to follow..you have also said you didn't take a single screenshot in 40 levels.

Whatever keeps your fire lit i guess, its sad to see people surviving on gruel when they used to dine on a feast.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Defensive over a WalMart/FedEx game. You are arguing with people who played original EQ. You have a journal and a story to follow..you have also said you didn't take a single screenshot in 40 levels.

Whatever keeps your fire lit i guess, its sad to see people surviving on gruel when they used to dine on a feast.
I never take screenshots in games. It's just not something I care about. I told Jibs I was gonna take some, then when I started playing I promptly forgot because I was having fun playing the game.

Sorry Jib
Old 10-19-2021, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for taking time away from your fun to argue on an EQ board about how fun it is.