Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

If you use any version of windows after XP, I would suggest that you don't install Everquest into your Program Files folder (heck, don't ever do that on any version of Windows!).

Follow the guide here, up to and including part 2.5:

Quote:
2.5 Optional WinEQ

Many users experience problems with proper CPU/Core Utilization or crashing which can be fixed by using WinEQ2. You can download this program from Lavishsoft.
Now you should have a working copy of Project1999 with the latest spells_us.txt and dbstr_us.txt files in your Everquest folder, along with the right zone files. Now you need to make the UI work correctly for this Emulator. There are two versions of the UI supplied with Titanium - default (which is the filigree/fancy version) and default_old (which is the old default) and I'm going to supply updates for both versions. I'm also going to go over the Velious UI in the next post down.

Having a correctly working default UI is essential for basing any and all UI's from.

1. Default - Download the FULL UI >>>here<<< and unzip into your Everquest\uifiles\default folder overwriting all files. This will make sure you have a fresh 'default'. Next download the Project1999 UI updates to make it compatible for this server from >>>here<<< and again, unzip into your Everquest\uifiles\default folder overwriting all files. When you load up Everquest your UI should look like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1a. (Optional) If you would like to have the default UI but with the Velious style spell icons from post 2 below you will need to do the above and then download this file >>>here<<<. Make a new folder called 'default_gems' in your Everquest\uifiles folder and unzip the contents of the file into it. Then in game type /loadskin default_gems to see the changes. Please remember that these files have a unique sized set of icons and are really a mod unto themselves.

2. Default_old - Download the FULL UI >>>here<<< and unzip into your Everquest\uifiles\default_old folder overwriting all files. This will make sure you have a fresh 'default_old'. Next download the Project1999 UI updates to make it compatible for this server from >>>here<<< and again, unzip into your Everquest\uifiles\default_old folder overwriting all files. When you load up Everquest, type /loadskin default_old and your UI should look like this:

Now you should have a working default and/or default_old UI!

If you wish you can replace the supplied icons with any of the following versions (just unzip to the UI folder of choice listed above):

a. Titanium - Download >>>square<<< or >>>rounded<<< icons. These are the same icons supplied in the default UI changes above.

b. Luclin - Download >>>square<<< or >>>rounded<<< icons. These are the same icons supplied in the default_old UI changes above.

c. WoW - Download >>>square<<< or >>>rounded<<< icons. These are the icons I use in my Project99 Vert UI.

d. T.King - Download >>>square<<< or >>>rounded<<< icons.

e. Etasi - Download >>>square<<< or >>>rounded<<< icons.

f. Classic - Download >>>square<<< or >>>rounded<<< icons.

Last edited by Sirken; 01-05-2018 at 02:49 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Default Velious UI

Thanks go to the original author, unfortunately the name isn't known to me.

I'm posting this in its own post so that its set apart from the default.

1. Check post one and make sure you have the UI setup for your version of the Default UI.

2. Velious - Updated 3/14/11 -Now make a new folder in your Everqust\uifiles folder and call it 'velious' (without the quotes). Download the velious UI from >>>here<< and unzip into your velious folder listed above. Load up Project1999 and when in game type /loadskin velious to load up the Velious UI:

Thanks go to Ropethunder for the updated gem backgrounds!

As you can see its a lot like the classic velious UI but you can modernize it a bit buy downloading the Velious extras file >>here<< and unzip it to your 'velious' UI folder, overwriting all files.

PLEASE NOTE: The optional icon downloads in post one are NOT designed for this UI - they are 24x24 square rather than the Velious supplied 36x28.
Last edited by Savok; 03-05-2015 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: Made changes for SoF client compatibility
Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Dude, Savok, this is a wonderful post!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you wish you can replace the supplied icons with any of the following versions (just unzip to the UI folder of choice listed above):

a. Titanium - Download from >>>here<<<. These are the same icons supplied in the default UI changes above.

b. Luclin - Download from >>>here<<<. These are the same icons supplied in the default_old UI changes above.

c. Vert - Download from >>>here<<<. These are the icons I use in my Project99 Vert UI.

d. Classic - Download from >>>here<<<.

And those are the images I have been wanting to see! I am definitely going to try the Luclin era icons as they are the ones I used for the majority of my live gaming experience!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

Default sweet!

Many thanks for this. Concise and clear.

Rav
Old 07-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Large Bat

Savok, Thanks for this post. What do we need to do if we want higher res spell gems to go along with the velious UI? Would this require a different spell bar?

Your work is awesome, just don't know why the pixelation of the velious spell gems bug me so much.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The velious UI is great except for one problem. There is no way to load/save/delete spell sets. Is there any way to remedy this?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Kobold

Nice work, thank you!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The velious UI is great except for one problem. There is no way to load/save/delete spell sets. Is there any way to remedy this?
Copy the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml from the extras zip file to your Velious folder.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Copy the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml from the extras zip file to your Velious folder.
Wait what, spell sets? So I could click one button to memorize 8 specific spells? Am I misunderstanding here? I played back from 1998 (beta!) to about 2003 right before LDoN... I never remember this... was I missing out on this all the time? If so, I might not get so pissed about dying any more.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toehammer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait what, spell sets? So I could click one button to memorize 8 specific spells? Am I misunderstanding here? I played back from 1998 (beta!) to about 2003 right before LDoN... I never remember this... was I missing out on this all the time? If so, I might not get so pissed about dying any more.
Yup, you can save and give each spell set it's own name. Just rigth click on the little book at the bottom of the spell bar and click save, load, or delete spell set.