Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If you use any version of windows after XP, I would suggest that you don't install Everquest into your Program Files folder (heck, don't ever do that on any version of Windows!).
Just curious, but, um.. why?
Old 07-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

IIRC The default legacy location was C:\EverQuest. IMO though EQ works better from a drive root directory. It may have something to do with how EQ looks for resources and the way other versions of windows handle long file names ....

Swishahouse Swishablast
Luminary of 57 Spirits
Junglist
Bard of 16 Anthems
Pokeball Flinger
Old 07-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious, but, um.. why?
ALL my games and apps are on my D: partition.

D:\Games
D:\Apps

The only thing that goes on my C: drive is the OS, sometimes the page file (unless I make a dedicated partition for it) and I will let drivers, mouse software, video driver software, etc install to c:\program files

That way, if I need to nuke C: - I only have to backup 'docs and settings' and that's pretty much it.

My docs is on my D: drive too.

It keeps my OS drive clean, C: is a 50GB partition, all the rest is on the D: drive - application wise.

I have a seperate hard disk for media, like movies and sound and an older 200GB IDE for 'support' data - drivers, ISO images, etc, etc.

I guess I'm picky about organization on mine, lol.

Program files becomes too big of a mess too quickly.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, you can save and give each spell set it's own name. Just rigth click on the little book at the bottom of the spell bar and click save, load, or delete spell set.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good god, this thread > all others, thanks to Sylphe, Savok, and Guineapig for bringing this to my intention... I am playing a shaman and it is super annoying when my groupmates' buffs wear off... oh man... my play experience just got way better

on the other hand, now i am gonna spend a crap load of time making the "perfect" spell sets on all of my < lvl 9 chars haha... double-edged sword ftw!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Kobold

Was messing with my UI the other day, and I loaded the Velious + the extra pack and it's really awesome. Having hotbar1 include weapon slots really helps for instrument swapping on my bard.

Only problem I seem to have is that I can't move the default chat box - and if I create another chat window, it sits on top of my current one, and I can't move either. Not sure what the deal is, and I just wiped out all my interface folders and started fresh. (the windows aren't locked)
Old 07-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryhole [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was messing with my UI the other day, and I loaded the Velious + the extra pack and it's really awesome. Having hotbar1 include weapon slots really helps for instrument swapping on my bard.

Only problem I seem to have is that I can't move the default chat box - and if I create another chat window, it sits on top of my current one, and I can't move either. Not sure what the deal is, and I just wiped out all my interface folders and started fresh. (the windows aren't locked)
I ran into this problem too.

Seems like you can't drag and drop windows in the Velious UI like you can on the Titanium UI. I just re-sized all sides of each window to "pull" them over. Basically if you want to move your second chat window to the right, grab the right side and pull to the right, then grab the left side and pull that as far to the right as you want.

Sounds simple I know, but this had me confused for a couple minutes.
Last edited by legendbyname; 07-20-2010 at 08:58 PM..
Old 07-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Try grabbing the title bar on top. I know the buff windows have to be jiggled but I'm pretty sure everything else just needs fine mouse control.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Please how can i get this UI:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

with the icons from this UI:

?

Because when i use these:

i have a kind of psuedo-classic icons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had that earlier but since my laptop is dead i have do figure it out again, i cant get it to work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I want it to look like it looked before the UI changes please.

I did this steps:

Quote:
2. Default_old - Download the FULL UI >>>here<<< and unzip into your Everquest\uifiles\default_old folder overwriting all files. This will make sure you have a fresh 'default_old'. Next download the Project1999 UI updates to make it compatible for this server from >>>here<<< and again, unzip into your Everquest\uifiles\default_old folder overwriting all files. When you load up Everquest, type /loadskin default_old and your UI should look like this:
and added the "classic" icons to the folder. but they are wrong and also i have a windows cursor not an everquest cursos. i tried copy the cursor from other ui but doesnt work either.
Last edited by Nedala; 07-20-2010 at 07:47 PM..
Old 07-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

I actually removed that option as people didn't want it. I'm in the process of making new icons that will be square versions of the velious format (it may look a little odd though so I need to play around with it) and will drop into any custom UI easily.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Added T.King Icons