Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Default Crashing when camping, every time

Just made a new computer, it's working pretty well except for a couple things.

Had to install WINEQ2 so it wouldn't crash while zoning, and it definitely fixed the problem.

But before and after installing it, camping brings up the "Everquest has detected that your client has crashed" or whatever message it is. Every time. Now it's not a huge deal since I can just quick close it and exit out, but for QoL sake and the occasional item swap between characters, it'd be nice to fix.

I also have an issue with web browsing occasionally causing a minute long lock up on my computer, if that adds to any leads
Old 09-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

With your browsing issue, id reccomend reinstalling windows on your pc and see and if it still happens, you can rule it to be a hardware issue
Old 09-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

right click your Eq shortcut and goto properties and set compatibility mode to xp
Old 09-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right click your Eq shortcut and goto properties and set compatibility mode to xp
Simple, yet elegant. Will try that when I get home from work.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that would be an easy fix hopefully works
Old 09-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

Did the compatibility change, still didn't work.

Eventually figured out that the computer was freezing up briefly regardless of what I was doing.

This turns out to be an issue with a mobo needing a bios update to handle SSD's. (If you google SSD freeze a whole ton of threads come up)

Fixed everything in P99 as well as all other freezing.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Aviak

Default So Far

So far that trick worked for me. Was having same problem-crashing while logging to char screen. Tried it a few times last night and no crashing yet. Will let ya'll know if it crashing comes back.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebeh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So far that trick worked for me. Was having same problem-crashing while logging to char screen. Tried it a few times last night and no crashing yet. Will let ya'll know if it crashing comes back.
Nice! Which fix are you referring to? Just asking for anyone who may come across this thread in google searching for a solution
Old 09-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Aviak

Default XP

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. Seems to have helped but I still get crash message 1 out of 10 log outs.
Seems once I logged out completely, I haven't had a crash since. Thanks for the tip "right click your Eq shortcut and goto properties and set compatibility mode to xp"
Last edited by Trebeh; 10-01-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 10-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Aviak

Default Bump

Bump incase anyone has same problem