Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Aviak

Lets cut the bullshit -- the lag is from the dynamic fucking lighting period. It is the same exact issue that emerged around 50D -- and i had to go into my eqclient ini and manually type in FALSE for dynamic lighting since it was removed from ui options in that very same patch.

Guess what. No lag and return of normal framerates! wow!

turn this shit off or optimize it please. thanks.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:10 PM
Kobold

I agree with roks1. This problem started for me once the dynamic lighting system was put back into the game. I was able to fix the lag by disabling dynamic lighting. Once you guys made it impossible to disable dynamic lighting, the lag started again. This game is now largely unplayable for me and I've basically stopped playing because of it. Please fix this somehow or I will have to find another game to play.

Rosk1, would you be willing to explain to me to me how to manually type in FALSE for dynamic lighting? I am not a computer expert so any instructions for a layperson like me would be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Aviak

This is how you used to do it before it was forced.

I guess it's a clientside value now unless someone else has figured out how to hack the gibson and turn off the gorillion lightsources bouncing off every polygon lagging up the joint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the artist previously known as unlaggy everquest.jpg (95.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 11-12-2019, 12:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Up till last night new patch, all the new P99 server launches were fine for me, I have played for 2 weeks long hours on Green-got a shaman into teens and a bard to level 7 BUT as of early today I am seeing a 100% recurring issue with disconnecting immediately after log-in with any and all characters old or new on all servers. I am able to login and appear in game on any server and see game chat briefly-talk and move around etc then within 60 secs my in-game Netstat meter (always showing a steady 108-118 MS throughout this) starts counting down from 100% to zero at which point I am disconnected to either character select or crashed to desktop. This is occuring on different computers however other online games work fine today-zero lag-no disconnects ever even leaving them on for hours as a test. I tried that Eqclient rename just to be sure but no change- so any thought? I run internet off Charter Spectrum cable and my main rig is fairly beefy- less than one year old and again this is also occurring on a older Win7 backup rig so its not the computer.
Any ideas or help?
Old 11-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Starting to lag on Green now...its beginning.

Light sources are the issue please make this optional.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

Pretty Please! I have many many friends that I can't play with anymore because they can't play on blue with the lag.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

I'll admit I don't know anything about how to fix this, but is it possible to just undo the last 2 patches? they have ruined the game in many aspects and I'm not sure what the benefit is.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:25 AM
Aviak

After this patch (52b) i'm more laggy fwiw
Old 12-15-2019, 08:58 PM
Kobold

I've quit pending this being fixed. I'm certainly not using built-in graphics cards on any of my 3 PC's, all having same issues as these being reported here
Old 12-16-2019, 01:57 AM
Aviak

Getting 32-36 FPS on GTX 1070 in Lesser Faydark...
Closed Thread