Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 12:16 PM
Banned

damn what's the point of playing on green when everyone on blue will have better gear than you and you'll basically be wearing welfare gear

all that work for nothing
Old 09-27-2021, 12:39 PM
Banned

You merge green into blue and an already top-heavy blue becomes even more top heavy

Don’t merge and you stretch out the population over what might be somewhat dead servers (at least for sure on the low level side)

I’d prefer option B because it allows the possibility of a casual actually raiding
Old 09-27-2021, 12:42 PM
Banned

I vote for no merge

keep all servers the same

people work too hard for this shit
Old 09-27-2021, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I vote for no merge

keep all servers the same

people work too hard for this shit
I don't think that's an option for the people who sail this ship. It requires actual infrastructure, unless you don't mind all the servers becoming more and more laggy as they stretch resources to accommodate more and more servers.

I think the newest green server should have some mechanism by which you unlock your previous characters from other servers. Like, get level 50 on the new green and your chars on blue are unlocked, if you really want to play there again. Granted I have absolutely no idea how this would work practically speaking. It's just a really hard problem for this project to solve.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:28 PM
Fire Giant

Another answer is to leave blue as a museum, and have the current green turn into p99 'Gray' and have Gray be where all future green servers dump into. It splits population but let's face it eventually blue will dwindle, maybe even let people transfer blue characters to gray as the retirement server.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 09-27-2021, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another answer is to leave blue as a museum, and have the current green turn into p99 'Gray' and have Gray be where all future green servers dump into. It splits population but let's face it eventually blue will dwindle, maybe even let people transfer blue characters to gray as the retirement server.
dumbest idea i ever heard in my life

the fact that green and blue population are so close atm just shows how much it

divides the population

it killed blue and made green into a raiding zerg fest with no lowbies or alt leveling

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

adding or merging servers is just gonna screw up the economy or kill the servers entirely

I remember logging on to blue with 1k+ players during prime time and be able to get a group within 5 minutes

unrest, mistmoore, crushbone were all booming with population! but now, on green everyone rushes to max level then proceeds to raid
Last edited by Tunabros; 09-27-2021 at 07:47 PM..
Old 09-27-2021, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Very true, the pick up group leveling scene is dead on both servers until everyone converges on the Hole to grind 50 - 60. Blue had it still before green, and green had it before Kunark, but the longer the green timeline has gone on the less grouping you can find. This is sad to me, and creates an adverse atmosphere for new players to the project.

There's just not enough people playing to justify more than two PvE servers at any given time.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest815 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, when i said sustain the green server. I really meant that it was never constructed properly in the first place. With massive timeline bugs and NPC speech errors and typos.

This is actually not a bad thing, the server is free afterall and it was probably done so quickly in order to get people on here raiding because of what was probably going to be an overpopulated blue.

It just means that we should all be playing on blue. At least if you have no friends like me and are actually interested in questing. (who would have thought!) Esp if they will eventually be merged.
Oh aren’t you that whiney guy who posted in RnF the other day complaining that there was a minor typo in a sentence of quest text?
Old 09-27-2021, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn what's the point of playing on green when everyone on blue will have better gear than you and you'll basically be wearing welfare gear

Everyone here has those characters on blue so I don’t think they care
Old 09-28-2021, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

Dont know where you are getting this idea from.. people that arent able to get some raid gear or BiS gear by 6 months after the final patch on green probably wouldn't of gotten that on blue either anyways, so it doesn't change anything. Merging the servers wont make it suddenly overcrowded, there's a ton of overlap of players playing on both servers.

I really can't think of a major downside or upside to merging servers that is a make or break decision for GM's to merge or not merge. Its going to come down to server costs, spread out resources, and the logical thing to me seems like merging them would have the best outcome (for them), especially if they plan to open yet another server.
Closed Thread