Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-12-2021, 10:40 AM
Banned

Default I can make the 1017 Login error go away when it appears

Sometimes I can log into P99 green and sometimes I can't.
Sometimes I can log into other emulated servers but not green.

So I reboot my phone which has a SIM card in it.
Sometimes it takes several reboots but eventually I can log into green.

It's like some of the IP's I connect with are banned from P99 but some aren't and rebooting forces the SIM to pick a new IP from the pool of IP's where some IP'S exist which haven't been banned allowing me to log in and play.

I'd like to report while I'm here that I am on a throttled internet connection which has a download data rate of 30kbps so I'm playing P99 like it's '99 for real. My laptop is 12 years old with an intergrated GPU. All in all EverQuest plays fine with this setup which means you can play EQ on shoestring budget and that is nothing short of miraculous in an ever evolving world where you need a faster and faster PC to do something as simple as browsing the internet but you can still play a game like EverQuest on ancient hardware just fine. I hated those new models when they first came out and one of the reasons was it made the game require more resources to run which is bad in my books. I also like the old models because there is some hand painted art not just 3D polygon models like in the new models.

I'm bringing out the big guns before I leave because I think it needs to be said; I risked my life to save a kitten from dying yet I feel no love from anybody. Why is that? Don't you love cats really?

Would I be a hero to you if I just kept on going instead of going back to save that kitten which had somehow managed to get stranded in middle of a dangerous road full of speeding traffic near a blind bend?

I'm HAPPY to report that I turned my Honda CBF125 around and went back. I got off my bike on the side of that road and ran across to the middle of it and picked up that little tiny kitten in my hand and stuffed it down my jacket to save its life and I would do it again if I had to. i didn't have time to stand there arguing with the thing I needed for that kitten to understand that I'm here to help and time is of the essence if we're both going to make it out of there alive. I'm happy to report the baby kitten didn't attack me or try to jump out of from under my coat while I was riding down the road as as fast as a 125CC engine will take me. She just stared up at me quiet as a door mouse. I dropped the kitten of home and then I went to a lady to beg her for some money to take the kitten to the vert for a checkup because I've been unemployed for 12 years so I am broke. After having getting back from the checkup I sat there realiding I had another mouth to feed and the landlord is going to complain about the cat. Then a friend called and said he wanted the cat to give to his girlfriend which was a burden off my shoulders. His GF is a natural blonde so if that kitten likes natural blondes like I do then he has gone to live in heaven without dying and I played my part by eliminating the dying bit.

Plz don't tell me I saved that kitten for nothing because we both know that's not true.
Last edited by Gugg; 10-12-2021 at 10:42 AM..
Old 10-12-2021, 10:55 AM
Banned

Every time I post somethig some nub says nobody loves me.

Is that true?

Do all humans hate me even though I risked my life to save a kitty kat from being squelched by a 10 ton truck?

Is my generousity really that much of a joke to all humans like that nub says it is?
Old 10-12-2021, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

https://www.mentalhealth.gov/basics/...-mental-health
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

[]generic overused "what??" gif[]
Old 10-12-2021, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I can log into P99 green and sometimes I can't.
Sometimes I can log into other emulated servers but not green.

So I reboot my phone which has a SIM card in it.
Sometimes it takes several reboots but eventually I can log into green.

It's like some of the IP's I connect with are banned from P99 but some aren't and rebooting forces the SIM to pick a new IP from the pool of IP's where some IP'S exist which haven't been banned allowing me to log in and play.

I'd like to report while I'm here that I am on a throttled internet connection which has a download data rate of 30kbps so I'm playing P99 like it's '99 for real. My laptop is 12 years old with an intergrated GPU. All in all EverQuest plays fine with this setup which means you can play EQ on shoestring budget and that is nothing short of miraculous in an ever evolving world where you need a faster and faster PC to do something as simple as browsing the internet but you can still play a game like EverQuest on ancient hardware just fine. I hated those new models when they first came out and one of the reasons was it made the game require more resources to run which is bad in my books. I also like the old models because there is some hand painted art not just 3D polygon models like in the new models.

I'm bringing out the big guns before I leave because I think it needs to be said; I risked my life to save a kitten from dying yet I feel no love from anybody. Why is that? Don't you love cats really?

Would I be a hero to you if I just kept on going instead of going back to save that kitten which had somehow managed to get stranded in middle of a dangerous road full of speeding traffic near a blind bend?

I'm HAPPY to report that I turned my Honda CBF125 around and went back. I got off my bike on the side of that road and ran across to the middle of it and picked up that little tiny kitten in my hand and stuffed it down my jacket to save its life and I would do it again if I had to. i didn't have time to stand there arguing with the thing I needed for that kitten to understand that I'm here to help and time is of the essence if we're both going to make it out of there alive. I'm happy to report the baby kitten didn't attack me or try to jump out of from under my coat while I was riding down the road as as fast as a 125CC engine will take me. She just stared up at me quiet as a door mouse. I dropped the kitten of home and then I went to a lady to beg her for some money to take the kitten to the vert for a checkup because I've been unemployed for 12 years so I am broke. After having getting back from the checkup I sat there realiding I had another mouth to feed and the landlord is going to complain about the cat. Then a friend called and said he wanted the cat to give to his girlfriend which was a burden off my shoulders. His GF is a natural blonde so if that kitten likes natural blondes like I do then he has gone to live in heaven without dying and I played my part by eliminating the dying bit.

Plz don't tell me I saved that kitten for nothing because we both know that's not true.
Kind of like the double stuffed oreos. It's always too much. Regular oreos you wish there were a little more frosting. But doubled up it becomes to much. I'm guessing something with ratios is a bit off, but I'm not scientist to be honest. Math was always my strong suit until high school. Sometimes I wish I could go back and come up with the double stuffed oreo. I would be so rich.