Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-18-2021, 04:23 PM
Orc

I've met a lot of great people in my ~year of BL/FoW and had a lot of laughs (and even some loot). If you're looking for a relatively chill environment where you can experience most end-game content with a good group of people, come join us!
Old 10-18-2021, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FoW is a great guild if you want to be a casual, wipe to uncontested Traks and only get kills on Quakes or on mobs other guilds don't care about. It's also a great guild if you don't mind cliques and the guild leader and an officer cybering.
1) 70-80% of the server is casual, so thank you for bolstering the case for recruitment. If you want to be a sweaty try-hard, there's other guilds for that.
2) Pretty sure other guilds have wiped on uncontested raid mobs -- no one here has 100% successful execution of every target.
3) I'm not sure the alternative of staring at a wall, poopsocking raid mobs for hours against a raid force that will probably get the kill is anyone's idea of fun -- so killing mobs during quakes is a great way for a casual to experience raid content. Again, thanks for bolstering the case for recruitment.
4) Every guild has cliques, that is human nature -- to hang out with people you connect most with.
5) Sounds like you're jealous the guild leader isn't cybering you.

For the rest of you, my friends in Black Lotus are a great group of people fighting uphill battles with under-cybered sourpusses like Scalem. Give them a try!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-18-2021, 06:21 PM
Aviak

FWIW, Venerate / Force of Will has been a great experience for me. I started playing EQ again when Green launched, after I left Live forever ago, mainly for the nostalgic fun, and it has delivered that. My RL is crazy busy, and I play this game for fun, relaxation, and nostalgia. And "casual" or not, I've experienced WAY more raid-level content on Green now than I ever did back on Live. Which is way cool.

It's fun, nostalgic, friendly, laid back, drama-free, and yet raid-capable at the same time. Hard to argue with.

Just my view from the inside.

Azleep/Xytl
Old 10-20-2021, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

I don't play anymore, but was in Black Lotus, which is now FoW, and and I can confirm that they were a great guild for people who want to experience the raid content with some chill, laid-back people and not with people who take the game way too seriously, have questionable mental health, or toxic attitudes like Scalem showed in this thread.
Old 10-20-2021, 03:58 PM
Banned

any targets down besides from earthquake? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2021, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

Yes! Actually had a pretty good haul on the server reboot.

Trakanon, Draco, 2 Golems, Statue, Zlexak, Cekanar, Guild-first Eashen which was exciting, as well as Guild-first Jorlleag which the pullers did an amazing job on. Then Gozz and Telk.

At this point I logged off because I didn't want to get divorced.. but apparently the boat was down in Timorous so 20 casters with big balls decided to hilariously go down Faydedar with a shaman tank. Good times.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Being able to test ourselves against Eashen and Jorlleag encounters were a lot of fun. My favorite was probably still Saturday's Aary, though. I got CoH'd last minute on a cleric and helped secure a 45 member kill. It was a suuuuper long fight, but we pulled it off with precision and I'm so proud of everyone. I was definitely on the edge of my seat the whole time.

If anyone is looking for a semi-casual raid guild because you need to balance RL priorities or hate the idea of socking targets, please check us out.
https://forceofwill.dreamhosters.com/
(Eventually Fembot will update our page with more recent screenshots, but he's got 3 kids so we give 'em a break.)
Old 10-20-2021, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any targets down besides from earthquake? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh you didn't![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You forgot they're not "sweaty try-hards" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2021, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

Woah woah woah.. no one said we weren't sweaty.

There's apparently lots of cyberin goin' on over here if you listen to folks who have no idea who's in leadership of <FoW>. ;P
Old 10-20-2021, 08:23 PM
Large Rat

Calls themself a raid guild but only goes after earthquake and server reset mobs. Sounds about right. Free bump.

Cheers
Old 10-22-2021, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

I heard Force of Will was exclusive and may not even be recruiting