Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Aviak

I just successfully installed P99 onto a 13" mid-2009 MacBook

2.13 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB
Mac OSX 10.6

I opened EQ on my windows machine, set all the display settings the way I would want them on my macbook. Closed EQ. Installed the zip file from the OP to my applications folder, transferred my EQ folder to the P99 package as instructed. Renamed the folder from Everquest to P99. Verified the settings. Opened the program with no trouble except for the aforementioned font issue.

I then UPDATED TO LION FROM 10.6 and after the updated P99 still ran just fine.

--

I then installed P99 onto an iMac:

2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 3GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM -- Runs fine except the font issue.

--

Followed Phobus' steps to correct the font issue. Now my P99 is running on both macs with correct fonts, and they are both running great. In fact it runs a lot faster than my PC did.

THANK YOU!!!!

(Merry Christmas To Me)
Old 01-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Orc

First of all, to the OP, thanks for the great post. It's really hard to find any current resources regarding EQ and OSX.

Now, I'm sorry this doesn't exactly pertain to P99, but does anyone have current-day EQ running in OSX?

I'm using an early 2010 MBP, Radeon HD 6750m, 8GB ram, i7 2.2Ghz running OSX Lion 10.7.2

I've followed the tutorial completely, but every time I try to run it with my setup, I get a crash with eqgame.exe. If I set the target to EverQuest.exe instead, the patcher will launch and update files okay, but then after clicking login I get the same error. I assume it has something to do with the different client files, but I haven't yet been able to find a fix. Works 100% fine in Boot Camp, I'm just a lazy bastard and don't wanna reboot to play!

This is all I get:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hoping this is a solvable issue. Thank you very much to anyone ahead of time!
Last edited by Lenas; 01-02-2012 at 07:20 PM..
Old 01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taagamb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just successfully installed P99 onto a 13" mid-2009 MacBook

2.13 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB
Mac OSX 10.6

I opened EQ on my windows machine, set all the display settings the way I would want them on my macbook. Closed EQ. Installed the zip file from the OP to my applications folder, transferred my EQ folder to the P99 package as instructed. Renamed the folder from Everquest to P99. Verified the settings. Opened the program with no trouble except for the aforementioned font issue.

I then UPDATED TO LION FROM 10.6 and after the updated P99 still ran just fine.

--

I then installed P99 onto an iMac:

2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 3GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM -- Runs fine except the font issue.

--

Followed Phobus' steps to correct the font issue. Now my P99 is running on both macs with correct fonts, and they are both running great. In fact it runs a lot faster than my PC did.

THANK YOU!!!!

(Merry Christmas To Me)
Update:

The game is actually very dark. It's sometimes difficult to play. The sky also does not render. I haven't played with the wine settings at all yet. This is happening on all of the macs that I put EQ on.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

i had this problem on my macbook air as well was using crossover games, which is basically WINE
Old 01-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

For you guys who suddenly have a black sky, and maybe other things that don't render, you are missing files in your Resources directory.

It seems like when you copy a folder over an existing folder in OS X, rather than merging the contents of both, you replace the old one (and all its contents) with the new.

In other words, when you copied Resources from eqchangesv20.zip, you wiped out all the existing stuff under that folder and were left with just the new GlobalLoad.txt.

This isn't really what I was expecting to happen. Luckily, I had a backup and was able to just add the new files to that, and that fixed my sky rendering issues.
Last edited by phobus; 01-12-2012 at 12:34 PM..
Old 01-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Aviak

Thank you, Phobus. I will try that now.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I had the black sky issue as well. I followed Phobus' advice and I was indeed missing a bunch of files from the Resources folder. For reference, you should see a couple of folders in there. One is named "Sky". If you're missing yours, you probably have the same problem. I just re-ran the installer and did a Repair and it added the files back. If you do it this way, you'll want to go through all the EQEMU/Project 1999 steps again because some of the files will get reverted back to the original.

Also, don't be a doofus like me and forget to change the sky setting in options back to "Simple" or "Complex" after you do this.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentioch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, don't be a doofus like me and forget to change the sky setting in options back to "Simple" or "Complex" after you do this.
Thanks for making this post. I was also a doofus until I read it.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Aviak

I now have a sky, weather, and a brighter game. I increased the gamma through the wineskin options after correcting my resource folder.

Everything seems to be working great! Thanks again!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am having issues getting this to work on my 2006 MacBook. After following the instructions, copying my eq folder from my virtual drive, and launching P99, I am stuck with a blank/black window and the cursor in the middle of the screen. Any suggestions?