Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How to read less news but be more informed, according to a futurist

Basically tells us to be more like several people on the forum...also:

So don't listen to anything the corporate media sells, and hire poor people with intelligent opinions you can steal their ideas for free.
Good advice, but lol quartz parent company http://www.atlanticmedia.com/

lol

I think the best way to understand how news works is to pretend to be a journalist and deep dive ones-self. Than find out who owns who and what and were they are getting their sources and citations out of and everything. Slate ran a brilliant hit piece on Newsweek producing click-bait. But slate is owned by WaPo...

I can't even say how news will work in the 21st century. We are seeing big advertiser funded models implode though (newsweek getting slammed by it's own journalists which it ran through the journalist clickbait shame mill and laid off). Which is good, because I'm sick of advertisements deciding what's newsworthy. And Newsweek was supposed to be good 20 yrs before my time.

It use to be a status of class to have several news publications and subscriptions (sorry prescriptions was a freud (freud is debunked now anyway))in our office waiting rooms. It use to show intelligence and the ability to stay informed and provide topics for discussion. That format is dead and no one is going to digest their news that way anymore.

If you wan't to know about a court case that's big in the news for example, read the 200 page transcript yourself and look at both sides arguments, than research who's defending and prosecuting the case.. than go and look at what other stuff the big hitters pumping money into the lawyers are doing... can't expect journalists to do that for us now.

There's parent companies which run dueling websites now, where 1 will publish a lefty article, and the other worded righty... it's pretty disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get all my news from 4chin and this thread
#metoo Add reddit into the mix where I downvote and critisize everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mick is right, women are trying to take over the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Like_Flint

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In Like Flint (1967) is a film directed by Gordon Douglas, the sequel to the parody spy film Our Man Flint (1966).

It posits an international feminist conspiracy to depose the ruling American patriarchy with a feminist matriarchy. To achieve and establish this plan, they kidnap and replace the U.S. President, discredit the head of the Z.O.W.I.E. intelligence agency, and commandeer a nuclear-armed space platform, all directed from Fabulous Face, a women's beauty farm in the Virgin Islands. Circumstances compel ex-secret agent Derek Flint to help his ex-boss, and so uncover the conspiracy.

Fucking gr8 film m8tes. The YHWH peeps had that shit on lockdown in 1967 and that was ancient history in internet times.
Last edited by Irulan; 03-08-2018 at 10:36 AM..
Old 03-08-2018, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of our new IT VPs is (surprise) a woman with no technical background in IT

Hurray diversity!
You should have hired me instead.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Muad'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn. It's shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult. Muad'Dib knew that every experience carries its lesson.
~from The Humanity of Muad'Dib by the Princess Irulan
Old 03-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Banned

Oscar viewership this year is at an all-time low of 26.7 million -- 20% lower than the all time low the year before.

Meanwhile NRA membership is at an all time high -- at least according to PJ media

People are sick of hearing the moral preaching of the rich and famous. That simple.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Oscar viewership was at an all-time low (26.7 million) -- 20% lower than the all time low the year before.

Meanwhile NRA membership is at an all time high -- at least according to PJ media

People are sick of hearing the moral preaching of the rich and famous. That simple.
I agree.

There's still a huge difference in subcriber-ship. I can't make a prediction based on that alone.

I subscribe to neither.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~from The Humanity of Muad'Dib by the Princess Irulan
*beats off*
Old 03-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Banned

i like how they put the guy who fucks at the front
Old 03-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not shopped

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who cares dude that show is funny other than Richard being a pussy who won't bang the hot executive brunette
Old 03-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Banned

patriam daddy says hsi marriage is fulfilling but yet he maintains a disturbing level of standing knowledge about television shows
Old 03-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Banned

I was sitting in a black surgeons office today (he was cute! and almost had a more girly face than mine!) and the motherfucker had a liberal rag in a republican area, it was a local zine, kinda impressed this city put out it's own thing.

There was a self proclaimed white man in the front page talking about making people get hardcore licensed psyche evals for gun ownership, and making AR15s illegal because people shouldn't shoot animals with them.

I kinda can see how irritating that could be to a lot of gun lovers.

I could care less because I am not really into guns and I don't feel like the crappy civilian knock offs are all that useful in modern warfare.

I'm glad your not upset Xaanka. Today is international woman's day. I heard on the radio. Women in Spain are protesting domestic abuse and violence, which was still a major problem in my household and generation. So I'm all for that.

NPR kinda sounding really liberal now.
Last edited by Irulan; 03-08-2018 at 05:02 PM..
Closed Thread