Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you ask any honest person over 20, they will tell you they were addicted to something at some point in their life. Being addicted to something is not the same thing as having a disorder that leads to addictions. That's like saying the out of shape dude huffing and puffing up a flight of stairs is the same as someone who is asthmatic.
I see what you’re reaching for, but that’s a pretty bad analogy. Sedentary / obese and unable to climb stairs is a health problem, I agree. Having asthma is an issue, too, agreed.

I feel like you’re trying to differentiate acquired conditions vs hereditary ones as if it makes a difference, it doesn’t.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see what you’re reaching for, but that’s a pretty bad analogy. Sedentary / obese and unable to climb stairs is a health problem, I agree. Having asthma is an issue, too, agreed.

I feel like you’re trying to differentiate acquired conditions vs hereditary ones as if it makes a difference, it doesn’t.
No, you've missed the point. Someone with asthma will have to deal with it for their whole life and there is little they can do about it. The out of shape person can rectify their problem with some minor lifestyle changes and a bit of willpower.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you've missed the point. Someone with asthma will have to deal with it for their whole life and there is little they can do about it. The out of shape person can rectify their problem with some minor lifestyle changes and a bit of willpower.
I didn’t miss that point. I said your point was bad. So you’re suggesting that proper treatment could make the out of shape person better? Good thing we have classifications of disorders (like video game addiction) so we know how to treat them.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day and week

I got sunburned while abroad! Pretty amazing stuff for a melanin like myself to peel
Anyway, praying for all of you. Jesus Christ and the American Republic. Long May they reign
Old 06-02-2019, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Congrats on the sunburn! I celebrated with (1) hard apple cider and a boca burger like a true patriot with my dead best friend’s parents. I got to see the cluttered shelf they keep the card board box they keep his ashes in. It’s funny how preachy his dad is about the efficacy of the 12 steps, still, after his son, you know. He’s like the dude from fight club going to AA without a drinking problem. Trying real hard to accept their failings as people and see the good in them, but it’s difficult. Weird trip down memory lane if nothing else.
Last edited by Cecily; 06-02-2019 at 12:31 AM..
Old 06-02-2019, 01:21 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2019, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

trul
Old 06-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn’t miss that point. I said your point was bad. So you’re suggesting that proper treatment could make the out of shape person better? Good thing we have classifications of disorders (like video game addiction) so we know how to treat them.
Yes, we, the US, do have classifications for disorders, but video game addiction is not one them.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

I used to drink a lot when I was younger. I’m not an alcoholic; therefore, alcoholism isn’t real.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread