Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 06:39 PM
Kobold

Default Dear Mr. Llandris

I appreciate your crack down on RMT. Truly I do.

However....

If you are able to, could you please tell us what happens to the inventories of the banned accounts? Because from one viewpoint, you probably just erased an enormous amount of rare inventory on the market, thus raising prices from reduced supply. (Not to mention the probable loss of many many pre-nerf items.)

Just curious on how this is addressed. (I, and others, would consider it bad form to use RMT banning to remove prenerf items from the game.) I do not know how this could be dealt with, if at all, so was just wondering what your plans/intentions were on this matter.

And before the trolls try to bait or slam me, no, I have nothing to do with RMT. I'm so broke in RL I cannot even afford to pay attention.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 06-24-2019, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

100 years of classic not classic. We have way more than 2-3 years worth of items polluting the server anyway. Getting rid of a few surely makes the server more classic.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Server GM

Accounts are banned for life. All plat and items are also forever out of circulation of the economy.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:50 PM
Kobold

/mourn all those poor poor Horgresh beads and CoS's....... /cry

(Screw the plat loss, that actually just helps everyone in the long run.)

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 06-24-2019, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wouldn't worry too much about Circlet of Shadows, there are tons of them out there, before the nerf you could hardly give the damn things away they were so common.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Good riddance
Old 06-24-2019, 10:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But removing items so OP that they were nerfed doesn't help..?

It's not like every RMT account was holding onto tons of prenerf items anyway. I would presume that would be the worst way to do it, considering that they are fewer than more common goods thus easier to keep track of. Well, not that logs and timestamps leave much to guesswork anyway, but "whoops dropped my prenerf fungi staff and someone else grabbed it!" is a hard sell.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Someone who bought a rmt fungi cause they are bad at eq doesnt have a treasure trove of rare and valuable pixels sorry to burst your bubble
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:04 PM
Kobold

Well, I was referring more to the sellers. I was assuming that people doing it for RL cash would have a small treasure trove of high end/pre-nerf items in a built up inventory that are instantly removed from the game from account banning.

--Oscar Wilde
Old 06-24-2019, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Man that Oscar Wild quote is lit.
Closed Thread