Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 05:51 AM
Aviak

velious will fix it
Old 09-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i am aware of all of this.

simulated patch days for server repops, variance, server rotation, etc.

These are all good suggestions, but I don't see an earth shatteringly clear solution here that will fix the p99 raid scene. Tasslehof, don't get me wrong - i'm not trying to say attempts haven't been made. And i'm not someone who has ever harassed you for attempting to find a solution, i'm just pointing out that this really is a well thought out and likely heartfelt post - but there's still no answer here, because there isn't an easy answer.

And i don't have one either.
Ive been offering a simple solution for months: RULES.

Enforce them equally, consistently, and fairly at all times or don't enforce them at all. There us no inbetween, which is what I would consider what we have here -- we are somewhere in between having the rules/pnp enforced fairly and not having it enforced at all.

Its very simple really, and I wasn't implying that you were one of my stalkers. I was more referring to the poster above yours and his weird friends who literally stalk me out of game. I've had to put them all on ignore in game and on forums, and the harassment still continues all because I support a fair and healthy, competitive raiding scene. And because I support the enforcement of classic-style rules/pnp.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
velious will fix it
At this point releasing velious without a concrete set of rules in place, and removing sanctioned training from p99 raiding would just be detrimental.

The rules we have now aren't enforced fairly, what makes you think adding more mobs and players is going to fix anything?
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive been offering a simple solution for months: RULES.

Enforce them equally, consistently, and fairly at all times.
This is so, so much easier said than done.

The real answer truly is velious. And it sounds like it will finally be coming soon for real.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 09-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i am aware of all of this.

simulated patch days for server repops, variance, server rotation, etc.

These are all good suggestions, but I don't see an earth shatteringly clear solution here that will fix the p99 raid scene. Tasslehof, don't get me wrong - i'm not trying to say attempts haven't been made. And i'm not someone who has ever harassed you for attempting to find a solution, i'm just pointing out that this really is a well thought out and likely heartfelt post - but there's still no answer here, because there isn't an easy answer.

And i don't have one either.
P99 raid scene isn't broken, it's working exactly as Rogean wants it to. Not sure why you guys keep saying it's broken.

Simulated patch days and adjustments to variance post Velious would both be perfect, but they won't "fix" anything for the people here upset with how things are. They will just have to find new things to be upset about.

There are plenty people on the server who need loot from raid targets that aren't in VP, yet they only gripe about the state within VP. Changing the rules within VP won't "Fix" P99's raiding scene.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

I never said it was broken or needed fixing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

but I can understand where er, for lack of a better term, 'lesser guilds' than tmo are coming from when they find it hard to compete, and I think anything that helps them to do so is a good thing.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 09-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point releasing velious without a concrete set of rules in place, and removing sanctioned training from p99 raiding would just be detrimental.

The rules we have now aren't enforced fairly, what makes you think adding more mobs and players is going to fix anything?
Most definitely - More content, lots more end game content. Enjoy all the traks you want.

And of course every other guild wants a change because they are losing currently. Making a change to the raiding scene would basically be devs going "OK tmo just can't be beat, so we're gonna have to do it for you by making things more "fair".

The blue print is there...its not a major secret to success. Other active players just don't want to do it, or fake active players aka casuals want end game loot with less effort and time investment.

Unite the clans, so many level 60s not in TMO it would be Persia vs the Spartans. Get organized follow the blueprint or continue typing on the forums whining and getting zero done.
Ashburn 52 necro
Faron 51 rogue
Decimator 2x monk
<TMO>
>> Classic Bristlebane Server >> Derision/Phenom
Old 09-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Fire Giant

How about worrying more about "classic" and less about velious you monty haul posers?

None of this is classic.
Last edited by Weekapaug; 09-07-2013 at 08:22 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not very much fun because there's such thing here as fair competition. Imagine if you would, a game of chess where black has the official starting pieces: 1 king, 1 queen, 2 rooks, 2 bishops, 2 knights, and 8 pawns.

Now imagine you're black, and you're playing the game against white, who's starting pieces are: 1 king, 7 queens, and 8 pawns.

Just doesn't sound like equality.
Bad analogy.

The playing field was equal to begin with. Both sides had the same pieces to use. But then when TMO kept playing, and playing well, their opponent kept leaving the game to watch TV, play Xbox, go outside, etc. Now things are unequal because TMO has all of its pieces left while their opponent is down to a king and a few pawns.

The raid scene isn't unequal just like the game of chess isn't unequal. The issue lies with the players, not the games. The chess player who stays at the game and considers his options and has studied how to play is going to beat the player who keeps running off and isn't paying attention. The p99 player who plays a lot and tracks and bought accounts/leveled is going to "beat" the player who plays casually.

Moral of the story? If you don't like getting your ass kicked in a game of chess, then find another game to play. Or I guess you could keep petitioning World Chess Federation to change the rules of the game.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 09-07-2013 at 09:02 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The raid scene isn't unequal just like the game of chess isn't unequal. The issue lies with the players, not the games. The chess player who stays at the game and considers his options and has studied how to play is going to beat the player who keeps running off and isn't paying attention. The p99 player who plays a lot and tracks and bought accounts/leveled is going to "beat" the player who plays casually.
The chess players who keep running off are because they're sick and tired of the "chess master" here getting secret favors from the Chess Federation which slightly stack the odds in their favor and are eventually exposed.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...2&postcount=38

Why is Tiggles allowed to have personal relationships with the GM staff? Receives epic items early from Uthgaard. Dates Amelinda. Now involved in some sketchy Twitch streaming interest with Sirken. The rest of the server sees this, guys. The FTE shouts were a step in the right direction to level the playing field.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread