Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-09-2018, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Default Comprehensive Drop History of Norrathian Raid Mobs

It took quite a while, but I crawled every guild website that existed in era of classic EQ. For sites still working I compiled their drop reports on this spreadsheet:
Raid Mob Drop Table History

Some raiders have told me the dev team is not interested in updating raid mob tables to 'classic levels', I personally don't care what you do one way or the other, this is your sandbox we all love and enjoy and I'm sure you have your reasons behind what you want to do.

Opinions change over time, perhaps some of your implementations were put into effect based on 'best at the time info', maybe this can help reinforce or change those decisions. Personally, if it was my sandbox I would implement drop rates according to this info and not pay mind to changes to accommodate for a time-locked server. If the goal is to recreate what it was like in era, I think this should be taken into account. Just my 2cp!

I just want to say, I am not by any stretch an active P99 raider, I did not cherry pick these numbers to try and influence any mob drop tables in my favor in hopes of obtaining more loot. I also am not trying to stick it to any active P99 raiders by nerfing drops. I am just calling it as I see it.

If any of the drops are in question, I linked each one in the date field, so you can review yourself and make a decision if it should be included or disqualified or modified.

In the actual document I listed the actual percentages for how often a mob should be dropping which piece of loot, and how often they should be dropping a total amount of items (such as 2 drops = 15%, 3 drops = 60%, 4 drops = 25%, etc). I also listed a 'suggested percentage' that was just my take on things. Do what you will.

The list of mobs is not complete really, I had very little data (almost nothing) on the Plane of Air as well as Faydedar. So can add mobs / data as more comes to light.

To active raiders who want a change to drop tables, please have patience and understanding. This is a LOT of info to digest and make a decision on. Please don't flame staff for their decisions.

I also welcome feedback to what is working as intended on P99 and what is drastically different on P99 according to this info.

Below I will post a summary for each mob, it won't list percentages of drops there (see spreadsheet) but it will contain my thoughts on how I think the loot tables work, as well as some comments / evidence that was found on the mobs and the encounters.

Thank you staff for this awesome recreation and all your hard work!! Keep it Classic.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Old World

Lord Nagafen

Number of Items Dropped:
0-3 Epic Drops + 2-6 Items

Special Rules:
Epic Drops + Loot cannot exceed 6 items
Epic Drops + Loot cannot be less than 4 items
Believe Epics are calculated first, then Loots second
Possible that drops from Loot table cannot be less than 2-3
Appears that up to 3 of the same item can drop, perhaps more

Comments:
Before Epics introduced only see data for drop totals being 3-4 loots, completely possible it was still up to 6. Relatively small sample size.

Although no cases of 3 epic drops are shown, I see that on other world dragons so suspect it is the same here.

Saw only 1 mention of Red Dragon Tooth. Further research would be needed, but it is possible this had an extremely low drop rate (<5%) or was removed from the drop table at some point.

Lady Vox

Number of Items Dropped:
0-3 Epic Drops + 2-6 Items

Special Rules:
Epic Drops + Loot cannot exceed 6 items
Epic Drops + Loot cannot be less than 4 items
Believe Epics are calculated first, then Loots second
Possible that drops from Loot table cannot be less than 2-3
Appears that up to 3 of the same item can drop, perhaps more

Comments:
Before Epics introduced only see data for drop totals being 3-4 loots, completely possible it was still up to 6. Extremely small sample size so just applying Nagafen rules here.

Saw only 1 mention of White Dragon Tooth. Further research would be needed, but it was possible this had an extremely low drop rate (<5%) or was removed from the drop table.

Saw no mention of White Wolf-hide Girdle. Further research would be needed, but it was possible this had an extremely low drop rate (<5%) or was removed from the drop table.

I feel certain the spell ‘Ice Comet’ is a drop in the Loot Table portion and is not a separate spell drop calculation like other dragons.

Interesting to note 2 Staff of Forbidden Rites dropped on 10/14/2001. Is possible this was mis-reported, but they definitely said ‘2 staffs’ dropped. Had thought this stopped dropping in our timeline. Would need to see other posts and research to determine if it should in fact still drop

Due to small sample size, I feel the White Dragon Scales and Pally Book drop rates should be made the same as Gorenaire, although this certainly shows White Scale rate less on Vox. However a lot of these were reports from Open Raids, the Gore data is more solid.

Dracoliche

Number of Items Dropped:
1-2 Items

Special Rules:
Possible to drop 2 of the same Item

Comments:
I may have made some mistakes on Grotesque vs. Bone-Clasped Girdle. Often they said something like ‘Draco dropped a belt’ or ‘a girdle’. I erred towards the Bone-Clasped, so possible Grotesque should be higher.

Had limited data pre-revamp, would not use that info for figuring out those drop percentages.

Cazic Thule (pre-revamp)

Number of Items Dropped:
2-4 Items + 0-1 Skin

Special Rules:
Doubles of Items allowed, perhaps triples.
Unsure if Cazic’s Skin can be a double drop

Comments:
Small sample size, unsure when Skin was implemented on table but a lot of guild sites listed griping about terrible drop rate. Perhaps increased at some point

Cazic Thule (post-revamp)

Number of Items Dropped:
2-4 Items

Special Rules:
Can drop 4 of the same item as confirmed on the 7/7/2001 kill

Comments:
Brains, Robes, and Eye were extremely rare, CT seemed to be the bane of all casters. Very melee heavy on the drops. Some servers reported only 1 or 2 brains dropping in a year.

Discovered that at some point CT revamp gets another revamp in our timeline where he is made Unslowable. Is he unslowable on P99? If not, I can provide ample evidence to that effect.

Innoruuk (Pre-Revamp)

Number of Items Dropped:
0-3 Epic Drops + 1-4 Items

Special Rules:
Possible that Epic Items were just part of his loot table
Epic + Item Drops cannot be less than 2
Epic + Item Drops cannot exceed 6

Comments:
Small sample size, cannot be used to evaluate individual item percentages reliably.

Innoruuk (Post-Revamp)

Number of Items Dropped:
0-3 Epic Drops + 2-4 Items

Special Rules:
Possible that more Epic items can drop if really lucky, but not sure

Comments:
Shattered Emerald of Corruption should definitely be on the loot table (it wasn’t listed on the wiki so wasn’t sure if dropping on P99). I saw some potential that Mage Staff should still drop, found multiple listings of it dropping but was bulked in with all the drops from the entire planar clear. More confirmation would be needed for the mage staff.

Master Yael

Number of Items Dropped:
1-2 Items

Special Rules:
Can be 2 of the same items

Comments:
Very limited sample size (5 drops). Probably drops Fusible Earthen Ore in addition to his loot, however I had made a bug report stating that this item could really be a ground spawn.

Zordakalicus Ragefire

Number of Items Dropped:
Quest Item + 2-3 Loot Items

Special Rules:
Can be 3 of the same item as reported on 11/24/2001 kill.

Comments:
Very small sample size, percentages for drop rates cannot be determined accurately without further research.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Kunark

Trakanon

Number of Items Dropped:
2 Items + 2-6 Teeth + 3-6 Spells

Special Rules:
Prior to spawned Trak it looks like he drops the Guts for Bard Epic
After Spawned Trak is implemented, Guts are removed
Spawned Trak should drop only 1 item from loot table + Bard Epic piece
Rumor is Undead Dragon Sinew drops 100% after Chardok revamp in addition to loot table, but I have not researched this myself

I did uncover a few posts about Trak being able to gate, it appears a lot of dragons could. Info below:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020809...0/archive.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20020208...e/history.html

Quote:
Started the day off with Trakanon. He kept getting stuck in wall, so we decided to try him there. He gated, big surprise. Reformed and went again
Quote:
Trakanon after gating two times, goes down.
Comments:
There was a ton of Trak data out there but the 2 Items + Teeth was pretty straight forward. I only logged the high and low here to prove as low as 2 but as high as 6 teeth can drop.

I’m not sure if spawned trak is dropping 2 loots + Bard epic piece on P99. If you need evidence for 1 drop + epic I saw a ton about that and can link it.

I only happened to log a 5 spell drop, but Talendor had shown 6. Assuming spell table is same for all open world Kunark dragons

Severilous

Number of Items Dropped:
0-3 Epic Drops + 1-4 Items + 3-6 Spells

Special Rules:

Epic Drops + Loot cannot be less than 2 items
Perhaps possible to see an extremely rare 4 Item Drop + 4 Epic drops (2 scales + 2 books), but never saw.
Appears that up to 3 of the same item can drop, perhaps more (evidenced by VP dragons)

Comments:
I only happened to log a 5 spell drop, but Talendor had shown 6. Assuming spell table is same for all open world Kunark dragons.

Perhaps early in Kunark Severilous also dropped Red Scales, a post specifically mentions this. Was perhaps an early loot table error that was patched out shortly after dragon kills were being logged. Not sure if you are interested in recreating that.

On the 8/31/2001 kill they posted a screenshot showing the coin on the corpse as well as Sev’s death message text. Not sure if those are implemented on P99, but here you go:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020602...vMoneyShot.jpg

Coin was 10GP, 5SP 9CP

Death message is: “This can not be! How did one such as you slay me? I curse you, your children, and your children’s children. All here will pay!”

That is one salty dragon!

I did uncover a post about Sev being able to gate, it appears a lot of dragons could. Info below:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020216...news_1001.html

Quote:
Sev tried to evade us for a bit, even going so far as to gating!

Talendor

Number of Items Dropped:

Special Rules:

Perhaps possible to see an extremely rare 4 Item Drop + 4 Epic drops (2 scales + 2 books), but never saw.
Appears that up to 3 of the same item can drop, perhaps more (evidenced by VP dragons)

Comments:
Never logged a 3 epic item drop, but could be possible based off Sev / Gore data.

Not sure if he could gate, although Trak / Sev / Gore can, so is plausible
[/QUOTE]

Gorenaire

Number of Items Dropped:

Special Rules:

Comments:
I only happened to log a 5 spell drop, but Talendor had shown 6 (out of era Luclin drop had 6 spells on Gore too). Assuming spell table is same for all open world Kunark dragons.

Granted I was only listing loot in the spreadsheet that is shown on the wiki, but I came across 9 loot reports of Selo`s Drums of the March dropping off of Gore. So pretty sure she should drop them? I listed as the bard horn in the data.

I did uncover a post about Gore being able to gate, it appears a lot of dragons could. Info below:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020216...news_1001.html

Quote:
Being the normal PiTA, Gore likes to be, she now gated it seems as well and so we were forced to fight her where she wanted to be.

VP Dragons (Silverwing, Druushk, Hoshkar, Nexona, Xygoz, Phara Dar)

Number of Items Dropped:
2-4 Items + 0-3 Spells

Special Rules:
Perhaps can drop more spells or have a minimum drop, I only saw 1 kill with specifics listed. Could very well have same rules as open world dragons.

Comments:
Due to limited data the drop rate was based off all dragons combined, early Luclin era was listed and could be used for additional confidence but I did not include it in the calculations.

Rumor has it on P99 that these dragons can drop no loot and maybe only a spell or two. I had some surprisingly limited data to work with (lots of reported kills but never shared the loot drop). I found no hard evidence of zero drops. Maybe, maaaaaybe a single drop, but I am very doubtful. Those single drops listed in the data were extrapolated from a bulk list at times, and were often kills with their alliance. If you take that website out of the picture, 2-4 loots seems the norm.

I’m not saying you are wrong, perhaps you uncovered some hard evidence of people specifically saying ‘WTF Verant grind my VP key for months in our guild and we get met with this no loot crap off a freaking dragon??’. I never saw anything to that effect. By comparison, I saw a lot of saltiness and outrage on Sleepers Tomb golems (MotG, Final Arbiter, Prog) having no loot. I never saw that in VP, so would ask kindly 2-4 loots be accepted.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Velious (Non-ToV)

Zlandicar

Number of Items Dropped:
Zlandicar’s Talisman + Frakadar’s Talisman + 1-4 Loots + Up to 5 Spells + 0-2 Velious Gems + 0-2 Dragon Meat

Special Rules:
Talisman’s are 100% drop
Multiple copies of item drops allowed (no triples seen, but probably possible)

Comments:
Did not see Dragon Meat drops, but going off the understanding it was on Velious Dragon mobs. Saw up to 2 pieces drop on reported ToV kills in addition to standard loot tables.

Found some rare cases of only 1 item dropping in addition to Talismans, as well as rare cases of 4 items dropping in addition. Perhaps you want to scrap those as potential errors and make it 2-3 loots instead of 1-4.

Corrected some spots in the data (highighted in red) where talisman’s weren’t reported. Felt pretty confident these were errors, but please judge for yourself.

Dain Frostreaver IV

Number of Items Dropped:
Head + 2-4 Items + Up to 5 Spells

Special Rules:
Possible that 4 of the same item can dropped as confirmed on 4/20/2001 kill

Comments:
Only 1 case of a 6-drop Dain, I am not including it unless you want to consider it an ultra rare occurrence.

Unsure what the low end on number of spells he can drop is, also not sure if he should be dropping Velious gems in addition.

Very first drop report in 12/22/2000 listed a Tunic drop, along with screenshot and mention of it. Not sure if this was a case of a unique drop being on his table early but then removed? I listed as a cloak for now, but perhaps further research can find if this was something unique that no longer drops.

Lots of evidence for a ‘Weak Dain’ and a ‘425 Dain’. I don’t know specifics between each one, but another P99 poster mentioned we have 3 Dains. Not sure how many there should be spawning, or if there is some method to the madness.

Lord Yelinak

Number of Items Dropped:
Yelinak’s Head + Yelinak’s Talisman + 2-4 Items + 3-5 Spells + 0-2 Dragon Meat

Special Rules:
Have seen up to 3 of the same item drop, could probably be up to 4

Comments:
No mention of Dragon Meats but assuming it was the same on all Velious dragons.

Unsure if Velious Gems should be dropping in addition.

Corrected 1 spot in the data (highlighted in red) where head was not reported, felt confident this was a mistake.

They did not always specify which Earring dropped (Blood or Tear), in those cases I erred more towards the Blood as that was reported specifically more often.

There is a potential case for the Talisman not being 100% guaranteed. There was enough blanks in the data where it gave me pause and wanted you to be aware of it. I never saw any specific mention of “stingy dragon didn’t drop his ST key!” or something to that effect. Also saw plenty of mentions of “...and as usual dropped Talisman, grats SoAndSo on ST key!”. So I believe it is 100%, I would feel more comfortable it not being 100% with some kind of post backing it up.

I wanted to talk briefly on the Very Large Coin Purse being part of his loot table. During Velious implementation I believe you said unless evidence was found that this was unique to Yelinak that you would place it on all 60+ mobs in Skyshrine with a chance of dropping. The 8/30/2001 kill had 3 items drop: 2 Purses + Robe. If this was not unique to Yelinak, then that would mean only a single item would drop which is inconsistent with the data. So that is why I feel the purse is indeed unique to Yelinak. I’m not sure what you did in the end with the Purse drop, but maybe this warrants a slight change. Perhaps some other 60+ mobs could have dropped it albeit at a lower percentage, but I think the burden of proof now falls on finding evidence to that effect.

King Tormax

Number of Items Dropped:
King Tormax’s Head + 3-4 Items

Special Rules:
Have seen 3 of the same item drop, probably could be 4 of the same

Comments:
Had to double check, but found no cases of only 2 items dropping.

Corrected some spots in the data (in red) where Head wasn’t reported, feel confident it is 100% guaranteed.

Unsure if Velious Gems should drop in addition, Storm Giant meat probably drops too as I’ve seen this on Vindi reports.

Came across some pictures of the loot table and Tormax wielding the Horn of Hsagra. It appears the wrong item icon is being used (should be a fang), it also appears as if the wrong graphic is being used for the item.

Item look when wielding in Era:
http://legacyofsteel.net/archives/20...ormaxfight.jpg
http://legacyofsteel.net/archives/20...ormax_dead.jpg

Item look out of Era (mentions 2 horns dropped… looks the same):
http://legacyofsteel.net/archives/20...serverdown.jpg

Item Icon (Fang):
http://legacyofsteel.net/archives/20...rnofhsagra.jpg

The Statue of Rallos Zek

Number of Items Dropped:
2-4 Items

Special Rules:
3 of the same item can drop, perhaps more

Comments:
There was 1 single drop reported but it was skeptical, could have been some banked reavers (part of a large update). The 2 drop statues were very rare, but enough to hold some weight.

I saw some Luclin evidence that Reavers could be pickpocketed and thought that may have affected drop reporting, but it appears as if this may have not been possible during era after researching further (55 cap on NPCs if you are 60).

The Avatar of War

Number of Items Dropped:
3-4 Items

Special Rules:
2 of the same item can drop, probably more

Comments:
To be technical I never saw a drop in era less than 4 items, but due to lack of data went into Luclin where 3 drops happened. Didn’t see any bows in era but could have been missing drops from somewhere, the 12/2/2001 kill mentions their ally got a ‘new loot’ but didn’t say if it was Helmet or Bow.

Sleeper’s Tomb Warders and Golems

Number of Items Dropped:
See Below

Special Rules:
Warder drops do not seem to be restricted between ‘unique items’ and primals. A few drops showing 6 unique items dropped (including 5 monk robes + 1 Salindrite Dagger)

Comments:
Didn’t log a bunch of ST Golem drops, although they are out there. Just confirming that it looked good on P99. Sometimes drop nada, sometimes a single copy of Primal Avatar (No Drop), sometimes a single primal + loot

I don’t know if the 6-loot guarantee was a thing or not, I hear that is how it is on P99, I never researched it heavily. Just wanted to show how loot table could be. A lot of warder drops weren’t broken out well and a lot of primals or Dainty Gloves or Staffs rotted and weren’t always reported.

Should be noted that for a stretch ST wasn’t active, you would zone in to see a bunch of human NPCs with an exclamation point at the beginning of their name (the standard placeholder used by Verant). Also warders even when implemented were dropping cloth caps in the loot table for placeholders on some unique loot.

Not sure if you want that implemented on refresh server timeline, just saying.

Velketor the Sorcerer

Number of Items Dropped:
0-1 Spellbook + 2-3 Items + Up to 5 Spells

Special Rules:
Velketor’s Spellbook does not appear to be added to table until sometime in late June 2001. There is a chance that this is a 100% drop, but enough drop reports gave me reason to think it was just a really good chance to drop in addition to normal loot table.

Comments:
Unsure what low end of spells should be, not sure if he should drop Velious Gems.

Wuoshi

Number of Items Dropped:
1-3 Scales + 1-4 Items + Up to 4 Spells + 0-2 Dragon Meat

Special Rules:
Minimum drop total = 4
Maximum drop total = 6

Comments:
No Dragon Meats logged but assuming same for all Velious Dragons.

Unsure if Velious Gems should be dropping.

Note that there is a drop report of only 3 items dropping, but feel it could be mis-reported based on all the other data. At the very least should be an ultra rare occurance.

Found evidence Wuoshi can gate, apparently a lot of dragons could:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010209.../cs/index.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20120716...ctober2001.php
https://web.archive.org/web/20120716...01/wuoshi1.gif

Note that the last image shows the actual text of Wuoshi gating.

Also found evidence that Wuoshi is a druid that can have a pet, can also buff the pet. Not sure if this is happening on P99. See screenshot:
https://web.archive.org/save/_embed/...ics/wuoshi.jpg

Tunare

Number of Items Dropped:
2-4 Items + 2 BPs/Robes

Special Rules:
3 of the same items shown to drop, maybe could be 4

Comments:
I noticed the Sap Encrusted Branch appears to be more of a staff instead of a baton in old photos. I’m going off memory of what I saw on P99, but I don’t believe it looks like this (at least as of 11/17/2001 in timeline):
https://web.archive.org/web/20030608...tunaredown.jpg

Also, I found some comments that said raiders felt the permaroot version of Tunare is easier than the mobile version. I know you put the permaroot version in since that had the most info. What is preventing the mobile version from being used, not OK to assume agro as normal and pull her to proper position?

Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Number of Items Dropped:
2 Items

Special Rules:
I believe each drop must be unique, can’t have duplicate drops

Comments:
Saw one piece of data that listed a single drop, but feel it is OK to omit this based on the all the other data.

Kelorek`Dar

Number of Items Dropped:
1-4 Items + 0-1 Dragon Meat + 0-1 Sea Dragon Scales + Up to 4 Spells

Special Rules:
Multiples of the same Item are allowed
Saw no cases of multiples of Sea Dragon Meat / Scales

Comments:
I’m not completely positive if Meat + Scales + 4 Drops can happen, but maybe it can. Otherwise limit it to 5 drop maximum.

There wasn’t a lot of accurate drop history on this guy, all a lot of people cared about was the Cloak, so would be like ‘Dropped Kelorek`Dar, finally dropped a Cloak for us!’. I wouldn’t interpret that as a 1 item drop. Apparently the daggers are total trash too, so could easily have been omitted.

I did come across a post on the 03/21/2001 kill that said Kelorek`Dar used to be an even con (level 60) but now is 63+ after patch (red con to 60) along with a new poison attack. Unsure if that has been incorporated into timeline?

Lodizal

Number of Items Dropped:
2 Items + Lodizal Shell + Iceclad Map + Up to 4 Spells

Special Rules:
First Shell drop is 100% chance.
All items can drop at least twice (including Lodizal’s shell), perhaps can be 3 drops but not seen.
Icelcad map cannot have duplicates.

Comments:
Not sure when the Map quest was implemented, but found a drop from 01/01/2001 where map did not drop, but other drops added up to 4. Either not implemented at that point or was not guaranteed to drop until later?
Last edited by Rygar; 03-09-2018 at 09:33 AM..
Old 03-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Velious (Temple of Veeshan)

Ikatiar the Venom

Number of Items Dropped:
2-3 Items

Special Rules:
Duplicates of same item allowed, unsure about more

Comments:
N/A

Eashen of the Sky

Number of Items Dropped:
2-3 Items

Special Rules:

Comments:
Fist of Lightning did not exist until later it is believed, drop history shows as rare towards end of era, but Luclin seems extremely common. Unsure what drop rate you want to go with.

Gozzrem

Number of Items Dropped:
2-3 Items + 0-2 Dragon Meats

Special Rules:

Comments:
A few 1-drops listed in data, but feel they could be in margin of error and not considered (same with the single occurrence of 4 drops).

Telkorenar

Number of Items Dropped:

Special Rules:

Comments:
N/A

Lendiniara the Keeper

Number of Items Dropped:
2-3 Items + Lendiniara’s Talisman + 0-2 Dragon Meats

Special Rules:
Duplicates of same item allowed (except talisman), unsure about more

Comments:
Drop history seems to confirm Talisman is a 100% drop. The very few gaps fall within margin of error on reporting.

Found evidence that LTK could gate (not sure if she does on P99), apparently a lot of dragons could (11/09/2001):
https://web.archive.org/web/20030604...0/archive.html

Quote:
After named we tried Lendiniara, almost got her but she gated then the zone crashed.

Cekenar, Sevalak Zlexak

Number of Items Dropped:
1-2 Items + 0-2 Dragon Meats

Special Rules:
Duplicates of same item allowed

Comments:
Cekenar had a mention that Wurmscale Fist Wraps were new loot in the last patch on 10/24/2001.

Zlexak had a mention that Baton of Flame is new loot in the last patch on 10/24/2001.

Vulak`Aerr

Number of Items Dropped:
3 Items + 0-2 Dragon Meats

Special Rules:
No duplicates allowed, each Item must be unique in the drop.
No special rules appear to be which items should drop, can be any 3 items.

Comments:
No Dragon Meats logged, but assuming is the same for all Velious Dragons.

I would not consider the 9/4/2001 drop of 2 loots as relevant due to the massive number of consistent 3 drop reports.

I’m not sure exactly what graphic the Mrylokar’s Dagger has on P99, but I did find this image of it having the ‘shishkebab’ graphics. I seem to recall some time in Luclin it was switched to a jeweled dagger look, I think someone mentioned it has the jeweled look on P99, just not sure. Post shows as 11/28/2001, so doubtful the look changed from this prior to Luclin:
https://www.talismanguild.org/index.php?news_id=80
https://www.talismanguild.org/images/11-27_santhia.jpg

For what it’s worth, it also mentions Rowyl’s Metal Armguards were changed from an ugly pink look to a ‘Druidy green’ look. Not sure what look is on P99 currently.

Lord Vyemm

Number of Items Dropped:

Special Rules:

Comments:
May be possible the Dragonrib Club was not added in until the time of Fist of Lightning / Wurmscale Fist Wraps. Further research would need to be done to confirm.

Lady Nevederia

Number of Items Dropped:

Special Rules:

Comments:
May be possible the Girdle of Dark Power was not added in until the time of Fist of Lightning / Wurmscale Fist Wraps. Further research would need to be done to confirm.

I don’t believe the 2 cases of single drops were significant to warrant single drops happening, they were inferred by process of elimination from a large loot list.

Lord Kreizenn

Number of Items Dropped:

Special Rules:

Comments:
I don’t believe the 3 cases of single drops were significant to warrant single drops happening, they were inferred by process of elimination from a large loot list.

Jorlleag

Number of Items Dropped:

Special Rules:
Duplicates of same item allowed. Shows 3 helms dropping, so could prove this was allowable on all ToV dragons but Vulak.

Comments:
May be possible the Crown of Resilience was not added in until the time of Fist of Lightning / Wurmscale Fist Wraps. Further research would need to be done to confirm.

I don’t believe the 1 case of single drops and 1 case of 4 drops were significant to warrant single drops happening, they were inferred by process of elimination from a large loot list.

Lord Feshlak

Number of Items Dropped:

Special Rules:

Comments:
I don’t believe the 2 case of single drops were significant to warrant single drops happening, they were inferred by process of elimination from a large loot list.

Aaryonar

Number of Items Dropped:

Special Rules:

Comments:
I don’t believe the 3 cases of single drops were significant to warrant single drops happening, they were inferred by process of elimination from a large loot list.

Lord Koi`Doken

Number of Items Dropped:

Special Rules:

Comments:
May be possible the Bracelet of the Deep Sea was not added in until the time of Fist of Lightning / Wurmscale Fist Wraps. Further research would need to be done to confirm.

Note that not one guild on the list reported Sea Dragon Meat as dropping. Is there evidence this should be on his loot table in era?

Dagarn the Destroyer

Number of Items Dropped:
2-3 Items

Special Rules:

Comments:
May be possible either Ancient Wurm Hide Greaves or Shining Metallic Pantaloons were not added in until the time of Fist of Lightning / Wurmscale Fist Wraps. Further research would need to be done to confirm. Leggings did drop on 10/8/2001, but didn’t specify which.

I don’t believe the 1 case of single drops were significant to warrant single drops happening, they were inferred by process of elimination from a large loot list.

Dozekar the Cursed

Number of Items Dropped:
1-7 Tears + 0-2 Dragon Meats

Special Rules:
Duplicates of same item allowed (maybe more?)

Comments:
Single tears were definitely happening, as were 7 tears. However, more than a few sites made mention that after his model changed, the tear drop rate was nerfed to a 2-3 average. I did see a case of a single tear and a few 4 tears out of era. Not sure how much weight that holds, would be interested to see if anyone can locate 5-7 tear drops after the model update, perhaps they were just very rare. Take this for what it’s worth...

Evidence:
http://legacyofsteel.net/#/archives
06/30/2001 (also, note size of the new model, not sure how accurate to P99 Doze):
Quote:
Sure there's nothing more than a minor fascination with PoM, but we can pass our time there while waiting 7 days for Dozekar to spawn and drop his 2 tears.
07/05/2001:
Quote:
Thanks to Vald for giving us the head's up that the quest had finally been fixed. Mask is pretty nice. Not so nice when you think about the fact that it requires 4 tears and Doze only drops 2-3 tears now.
While somewhat related to Dozekar, does mention the named drakes for the quests drop the ‘Glowing Orb’ instead of the symbol very often, not sure if Verant fixed drop rate after hearing this, further research would be needed. Previous posts here listed named drakes as 3 day spawn time too, which is what I think he was referring to in his rant:
06/26/2001:
Quote:
Doze-slacker bit the dust and dropped some more tears. The spawn times on the drakes is currently killing us. Also the fact that 9 out of 10 times they seem to drop the damned Glowing Orb is also fairly fucked.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020206...ws.cgi?newsall
07/06/2001:
Quote:
In other news we have dispatched Doze a couple times including Dozekar v3.0. Give us back the Blue Smurphy Doze with his 7 tear drops Verant!!!!
07/25/2001:
Quote:
Doze dropped the usual 3 tears

NToV Flurry Drakes

Comments:
I’m not sure how they work on P99, but found evidence of them being able to gate:
https://www.talismanguild.org/index.php?news_id=76
Quote:
After we killed Vyemm on Saturday, two flurry drakes showed up to our kill spot to say hello. And for the first time, we had one of the flurriers gate. And of course when he came back, he brought a bunch of his dearest friends with him.
Also, I found that the drop rate on Flurry Drake loot seemed to be pretty decent. Some guild was even handing tons of items in to bankers (their way of destroying or probably showing off how awesome their guild is that these pieces people drool over are rotting for them).

This is just a feeling, I didn’t log that data and it wasn’t reported all the time. Perhaps a small bump to the drop rate would be in order? +10%? Would not consider that game changing, and if anything may encourage a bit more exploration / attempting by smaller guilds.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

hoping for that fixed pending update by a staff member [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wonder if the dragon meats were ever meant for a quest that was never discovered or finished.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 03-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hoping for that fixed pending update by a staff member [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wonder if the dragon meats were ever meant for a quest that was never discovered or finished.
They are used in Baking, makes a x5 Dragon Steaks which is +5 to all stats (not resists). Think they also can make a Pickled Dragon that is like +3 or something to all stats but is a much lower trivial than steaks.

They are currently dropping on P99
Old 03-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry, Mr. Oleris pointed out something in my summary that was a mistake (it is more clear in the data). In the cases of epic drops where I say '0-3 epic drops', I lumped Pally Books and Scales together, but I think a more accurate summary would be '0-2 Scales' + '0-2 Books'.

I only saw some super rare cases of double scales and some double books. I think they are subject to a much lower percentage secondary dice roll. So maybe a scale has say 85% drop chance, upon success of that first roll, maybe a second roll is cast for a 2nd one to drop (say a 1-3% chance).

So I saw '2 scales + 1 book' or '2 books + 1 scale'. But I never saw 3 scales or 3 books. I think it would be possible for '2 scales + 2 books' but I never saw that, would be a very rare occurrence. They may have a ceiling of max 3 epic drops per dragon.

If a mod wanted to edit those posts to that effect or give me access to, I'll correct it to avoid misconception.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

A few notes from an active raider that you had commented uncertainty on:

1- Druid arms are "druidy" - not bright pink from Vulak.

2- Sap Encrusted Branch is the weird stick graphic, not a Monk style baton.

3- Mrylokar's dagger does not exist, however Zeriphra's dagger is the Sai graphic. Mrylokar's dagger before being reduced to Zeriphra's was also the Sai graphic. I would love if you could find concrete evidence supporting either the buffing of Zeriphra's to Mrylokar's, or the reversion of other items to their entry tier as well. Seems heavily unfair some get to be super good, but some have to be super garbage.. Plus, not classic!

4- Horn of Hsagra is that weird dinky caster-esque graphic, not the knuckle-duster graphic.

5- LTK can gate, and must be pushed.

6- VP dragons do drop 3-4 items, and 3-4 spells.. However there are some items that shouldn't exist, such as the Shissar Apothic Staff for clerics.

Great list. Always in favor of keeping things classic.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you for the feedback Teako, just goes to show how quick a memory can blur, was pretty sure I inspected a monk with a sap branch and it was a baton. Good to know!

A dev can comment perhaps, but I don't think any evidence is needed to upgrade the Vulak dagger... I believe it is coming in the next patch. Vulak dagger was, I think, the only ToV weapon to go through its normal cycle of versions in timeline. There is a post out there somewhere from nilbog talking about it, saying it was setup like that so maybe other devs can look at it as an example of how to upgrade the other weapons when all that data was found. At this point, it would only be used on refresh server, and needed 2 years after launch, so I'm sure its not a huge priority right now to update those.

So VP dragons do drop 3-4? In my Server Chat thread someone was saying 0 drops were happening. Guess that was bad info or a period where there were some hiccups with loot table?

Do you find the percentage drops in the spreadsheet are representative of P99? Such as how often Dain drops 5 loots, etc? Or certain weapon drops that are very rare appear to be more common in the data?