Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 12:13 AM
Orc

Default Project 1999 Atlas(beta)

Project 1999 Atlas website (beta) has launched http://project1999atlas.com. There are plans to include items, npcs, and quests in the future. The content has been created using the content generated by the Project 1999 wiki. I see this project as the creation of a modern EQAtlas designed for the Project 1999 content. Errors, bugs, and suggestions can be sent to drakan@project1999atlas.com.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:19 AM
Fire Giant

This is pretty dope
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 12-03-2018, 01:34 AM
Sarnak

Very super. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

I like it...Just a quick suggestion on the first dungeon I clicked on--Runnyeye. The maps should be displayed in order of descending level, 1 to 4. Currently they're all out of whack.

I'm at work so I can't email this to the suggested email.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Kobold

Should instead invest time into updating all the bad information in the wiki.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dussle27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Orc

Thanks for the suggestion. Most of the maps were generated and placed into the datatbase programmatically so many of the maps are likely to be out of order because of it. I will look into the problem but I won’t likely get to it until after finals which are next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like it...Just a quick suggestion on the first dungeon I clicked on--Runnyeye. The maps should be displayed in order of descending level, 1 to 4. Currently they're all out of whack.

I'm at work so I can't email this to the suggested email.
Last edited by killaessedai; 12-03-2018 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-03-2018, 01:13 PM
Orc

I will edit any inaccuracies that I find but I encourage the players to edit the wiki themselves and remove the errors. I have intentions to create a set of tools that will create the entire database needed for the final version of the website with a few clicks of a button using info from the wiki but I have been unable to as of yet without serious editing of the final result. This will allow project 1999 atlas to remain up to date with the wiki by updating the database at a chosen interval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dussle27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Commendable work!
Old 12-03-2018, 05:26 PM
Banned

small criticisms/suggestions:

When I clicked on 'Antonica', I did not notice the menu drop downs right away. Just saw the map. Maybe make a two column page? One for map, one for menu. Or put menu on top of map. Or resize the map a bit.

Also, on the deeper pages where the maps are, I'd put the maps near the top. The lore and stuff is great but I'd imagine the maps are more important.

The idea is to be better than the wiki, correct? I bet it's way better on mobile already.
Closed Thread