Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
teams are probably going to be necessary if there is no boxing allowed.
What? People still join parties and group with one another on FFA servers.

Moreover, with a lower population, FFA seems like the way to go.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Kobold

Teams solves all problems and is an interesting twist; obviously it would work out very well to include some faction based team play.. pure FFA is like a pirates cove crazy

in original EQ 1999 the real one they had FFA server and quickly introduced faction based as I recall due to many complaints about FFA being "no mans land"

FFA isnt better for less people; PvP server shouldnt be pvp in your face all the time; IMO, reading the linked thread or somewhere I liked the idea of -points for friendly kills... but let team rules ride ontop
Last edited by jbs89; 04-20-2011 at 11:35 PM..
Old 04-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The first few days of TZ most didnt know about being able to heal and buff other teams and it was awesome. Once everyone knew it got all jacked up.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first few days of TZ most didnt know about being able to heal and buff other teams and it was awesome. Once everyone knew it got all jacked up.
If by "jacked up" you mean "got really fucking awesome" then yes, I agree. After being a fervent team proponent, I realized how many idiots were on the dark team. (you can replace idiots with foreigners, as well).

I'm pretty sure I disliked more people on the Dark team than on any other. It's a shame I was never able to slay them. Could only trade window them like a boss.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:13 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pure FFA is like a pirates cove crazy
in original EQ 1999 the real one they had FFA server and quickly introduced faction based as I recall due to many complaints about FFA being "no mans land"
Rallos Zek was FFA and it stayed that way till the end of its days. I don't know where the whole 'no mans land' thing came from, but it sounds like you or whoever said that hasn't actually played on a FFA server. You've got guilds, some of which are anti-pk (meaning they won't attack you unless you attack them and primarily focus on PvE) and they will serve as your allies. You don't need factions. FFA servers are being painted inaccurately here it seems.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rallos Zek was FFA and it stayed that way till the end of its days. I don't know where the whole 'no mans land' thing came from, but it sounds like you or whoever said that hasn't actually played on a FFA server. You've got guilds, some of which are anti-pk (meaning they won't attack you unless you attack them and primarily focus on PvE) and they will serve as your allies. You don't need factions. FFA servers are being painted inaccurately here it seems.
Agree
In the start there will be groups all over the place looking for seven gram rocks. Winning!

You can pick who you want to play with instead of this pre setup team shit.
Teams will be unbalanced because of possible class differences and lack of population control.
What if the majority of the pop playes dark team for example....?

Free For All! No limitations except for levels ofc =)
Old 04-21-2011, 05:41 AM
Banned

Teams is a bad idea... being unable to kill someone for reasons other than level are dumb. If you set up teams you have to stop X-teaming by hardcoding blocks on beneficial spells.. which once again is stupid because sometimes you wanna stay a quick buff on someone you're killing.

Okay.. so now that the teams idea is dead... let's talk levels... 4? 8? 10? 15?

I think 4 is good. It stops people in classic from entering the planes unless they are within range of 50s, but it keeps things relatively balanced as far as resists and what not go. When Kunark goes live I'd be all for bumping it up to 8 levels.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Skeleton

I like +/- 8 level range, but I think that'll depend on server population.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree
What if the majority of the pop playes dark team for example....?
Obviously I would play the other team and kill all of you.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Kobold

Epic Winning!
Closed Thread