Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Ok so I installed, configured and ran wineq2. It resolved the problem with washing out my desktop requiring a reboot to fix. To stop the washout in the client, I used lock gamma which resolved that problem. w/o gamma lock set it'll still washout.

As for the fail error, I don't get that any longer but it does not go to full screen mode, stays in window mode even though the client settings say it's in fullscreen. Not a big deal though, I usually run in window, but was trying to fullscreen mainly to resolve the washout.

On my old ATI car, I'd get that problem sometimes with gamma washout when switching to window with EQ for years. The geforce took it a step further [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But wineq2 resolved all the issues well enough. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well i just woke up and cant play, as soon as i start the client the screen goes black and i get this error. i don't even get to the SOE Logo screen. i have allready tried changing the refresh rate, resolution, compatability options and downloaded and used EQPlayNice. no luck, i'm on windows 7. Any more ideas?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: I did a system restore to a few days ago before a windows update and it works again... screw you windows update!
Last edited by Zinramm; 02-10-2011 at 08:42 AM..
Old 02-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

thanks aeolwind! i have the same problem with the resetdevice error. graphic starts to get all messed up from time to time (walls going horizontal or floor vertical) so i gota switch to full screen to refresh/fix it which seldomly causes the above mentioned failure!

will try wineq2 when iam back home! hope that fixes also my graphical bugs that occur from time to time
Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Sarnak

Anyone ever find a true work around for this error? Had this happen three times in a row last night. Game loads up fine, but opens in windowed mode, alt+enter for full screen and bam reset device failed error. After three times in a row at 1am I caved in and gave up lol.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:53 AM
Orc

I'll have to try this fix, that's why I'm here right now - crashed due to alt-tab.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:17 AM
Banned

this shit happened to me with D3, only game ever. Turns out it was their insanely high FPS default setting and something with the game caused my card to over heat.. something about no real options to turn the graphics "down".

anyway good luck its not cause its an old game
Old 04-18-2014, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

This used to happen all the time on live many years ago. Much like the east/west bug on live, I think it took forever to resolve.
Old 07-23-2022, 08:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I still get this error, every now and then - with WinEQ2, so that is not the solution.
Old 07-23-2022, 11:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyref [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still get this error, every now and then - with WinEQ2, so that is not the solution.
This can likely be fixed by using dgvoodoo2. I’ve put together a video that breaks down how to setup the app.

View it here.