Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will you take the coronavirus vaccine?
Yes, Absolutely. I cannot wait for it. 24 43.64%
Maybe, I am reluctant but scared of covid 10 18.18%
Not likely, I dont think i need it 10 18.18%
Never, I dont take vaccines. 7 12.73%
I cant it reacts with my hormone pills 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Err...how is an un-vaccinated person spreading anything to vaccinated people if said vaccine works as advertised? Anti-vaxxers put themselves at risk, not other people.

I may take a corona vaccine eventually, but I'll let other folks line up to be the first wave of human guinea pigs.

Danth
Old 11-24-2020, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Err...how is an un-vaccinated person spreading anything to vaccinated people if said vaccine works as advertised? Anti-vaxxers put themselves at risk, not other people.

I may take a corona vaccine eventually, but I'll let other folks line up to be the first wave of human guinea pigs.

Danth
1. In the early days of the vaccine, not enough vaccine will be available to vaccinate everybody

2. Some subset of the population is unable to tolerate vaccines, particularly severely immunocompromised people. Also, some of the potential vaccines produce lower titer levels in elderly individuals and it's unclear whether the protection for them will be as strong as is in younger people. Not an issue with Moderna or Pfizer vaccines as far as we know.

3. Children rely on their parents for sound decision-making. Anti-vaxxers put their children at risk by leaving them unvaccinated.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

I'm just glad I fit in exactly the societal hole where I am not allowed to get it long enough for the hero's on the front lines trying to make the world a better place fighting to keep it from seizing, to show early side effects.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

In that vein, l am willing to be a guinea pig 🐖 of sorts.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. Children rely on their parents for sound decision-making. Anti-vaxxers put their children at risk by leaving them unvaccinated.
Ugh.

Stop acting like this is a vaccine for measles or the mumps and that you know that you're getting what it says on the tin. It's a virus that isn't even a year old and one we hardly know anything about in the long-term. The vaccines have been rushed to market and developed using a very small testing pool.

Cringing at the thought of you having children that you're going to jab with this vaccine the first chance you can.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

People throwing the word vaccine around but aren't properly labeling synthetic or natural.

If you do get the vaccine ask your doctor which it is and what's in it. By law they have to tell you. If your doctor can't tell you whats in it, find a new doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cringing at the thought of you having children that you're going to jab with this vaccine the first chance you can.
Lune is a bit OutThere with his ideals. it doesn't shock me.

(ps. i'm not anti vaccine, I'm pro science)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-24-2020 at 04:04 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
Truth.

The only real issue I have with anti vaxxers is that some diseases are a lot more harmful to the young compared to covid. For instance the measles vaccine is not recommended to be given prior to 12 months of age, so a baby could be at risk of an anti vaxxer transmitting said disease.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:16 PM
Banned

I love how leftist idiots like Lune assume you're anti vaxx if you're skeptical of a rushed vaccine.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. In the early days of the vaccine, not enough vaccine will be available to vaccinate everybody

2. Some subset of the population is unable to tolerate vaccines, particularly severely immunocompromised people. Also, some of the potential vaccines produce lower titer levels in elderly individuals and it's unclear whether the protection for them will be as strong as is in younger people. Not an issue with Moderna or Pfizer vaccines as far as we know.

#2 doesn't apply to a mRNA vaccine you fucking parrot
Old 11-24-2020, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#2 doesn't apply to a mRNA vaccine you fucking parrot
TIL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messenger_RNA
very interesting and relevant. Pfizer and Moderna are working with this for example.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread