Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Orc

Angry Upon loggin in--black screen on server select?

Upon loggin in, I get a black screen after putting in my username and pw. Sometimes this problem has been alleviated in the past by simple closing out the eq window and re-starting it up. The black screen of death where no servers are there for me to select!
Occasionally I could just hit Alt-Enter and go to full screen and enter my information and I could immediantly select which server I wanted to play then proceed to log into my good old evercrack.
Now, at this moment, I have restarted my computer twice, and hit alt-enter a million times with no luck. Still getting the black server select screen of death.
PLEASE HELP!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Orc

Well I finally restarted modem and that didnt work, then I pulled out wireless card out of back of computer and poof! Got in on the first try!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Aviak

maybe you can figure out home come I can't log my chanter into LGuk

-Zethriel

Aetherial Mistwalker
Retired Ranger (Xegony)

I had the surname before the sword first appeared
Old 11-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I finally restarted modem and that didnt work, then I pulled out wireless card out of back of computer and poof! Got in on the first try!
Ok second day of having this connectivity to server problem. Once again I pulled out Wireless card and now that isnt even working. So frustrating.. I will try and restart the modem again.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

What does it for me, is just going back one screen to the login screen and re-logging in.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Orc

It has nothing to do with your wlan card. If you get the black screen log out and log back in. If it happens again yopu can a) check your personal FW to see if it rejecting the EQ login packets or b) disable the FW to see if it works. If you try b) renable the FW after login and it shoudl add the new rule automatically.

================
Maestron lowbie Enchanter
Fissel Even lower Druid
Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Kobold

I used to have this issue a few months back and the only thing that solved it for me was shutting down my computer and modem completely, then powering it back up again. Since I moved to a different apartment I've not had this issue again but it used to happen all the time at my previous residence.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does it for me, is just going back one screen to the login screen and re-logging in.
Yea did that a MILLION times, doesnt work.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Butter Knife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has nothing to do with your wlan card. If you get the black screen log out and log back in. If it happens again yopu can a) check your personal FW to see if it rejecting the EQ login packets or b) disable the FW to see if it works. If you try b) renable the FW after login and it shoudl add the new rule automatically.
Dont have a firewall up, but thank you.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I finally got in because I unplugged our wireless modem. Strange, that didnt work yesterday but did today.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Banned

I encounter this problem occasionally. I just log out and keep trying. Sometimes if it pauses when attempting to login - if you push ESC a couple of times it will cancel and you can try to login again. Sometimes it takes 20-30 times of logging in/out to fix the problem.