Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh, the clickies have some value I guess but not nearly as much as people make it out to be. Cultural is the dumbest reason because not only will it be garbage in a few months but nobody even makes it now because of the gem cost.
Agreed.

If you can afford cultural armor at the start then starting stats don't really matter because you'll be able to spend money on an entire set of gear.

If I wanted to be picky I could only make a small comment on racial abilities but that is only for pve purposes. What's important is to play what you are fond of looking at because you'll be looking at your character the most (unless you play in 1st person lolz). Sure different resists/stats/gear may help out in the very beginning, but once your character has gained some ground in the world, the extra bit of strength (or insert whatever else) reasoning becomes lost.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was going to make a big post in this thread but I decided not to give away a lot of secrets. For clerics there is no huge racial advantage choice like with ogre playable classes or necros or monks.
What sweet infoz do you hold?
Old 02-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What sweet infoz do you hold?
Battle roll OP. Shhhh don't tell.

PoG armor supposed to be goog in Velious?
Old 02-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Four_Idols
Old 02-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Clearly have to be female high elf for that sweet velious bracer, as high elf male plate looks retarded.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Cleric rankings:

1. Gnome Bertox for size and disease clicky dot. Wall sight. Robe.
2. Gnome Brell for size and cultural--not a good deity if new on red unless transferring massive amounts of blue plat. Wall sight. Robe.
3. Halfling--size and sneak secondarily to help in dungeon pvp and pve. No robe.
4. Human Bertox for disease clicky dot. Robe. See invis helm, fear mask.
5. Dwarf Brell for cultural armor with wis and MR but as with gnome cost prohibitive. Medium size. No robe.
6. Human/Erudite evil--Bertox or Inny gives you access to see invis clicky without too much faction work on human. Might be possible to faction on a good deity, but no point that I know of. Snare necklace is a joke and not worth it. Fear mask situational--can fear pets in dungeons without spell swapping. Quested shield is ok if 1st red char, but no long term benefit. Robe.
7. High Elf Tunare ranked near the bottom until Velious where clicky root and quested PoG items will move this ranking up. Robe.
8. Dark Elf--can't think of anything good except hide which might get you out of a jam occasionally before you can afford invis pots. Robe.

Gnome overshadows all clerics on pvp server due to size since you can hide easier and won't be noticed as soon as other clerics. Sure gnome has worse stats, but avoiding damage is worth more than better stats. Bertox best deity so you can dot yourself with the necklace to stop mezzes, at least until you run into an enc with cure shield. Also will save some money, inventory room, and time on resupply runs buying crimson pots.

See invis right click helm is nice short to mid term for human and erudite clerics when starting off new and you don't have the money for boh, but eventually you will get one so long term benefit is negligible.
Last edited by keyz; 02-19-2015 at 11:56 PM..
Old 02-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

I got no problem going gnome but its not like shrink and crimson pots cost that much nor will you go through so many you're spending half the time restocking. You're gonna have to carry a couple of crim pots anyway since the disease cloud clicky has a 4 second casting time.

And the biggest advantage to gnomes (being able to see through walls ducking/sitting) wasn't mentioned.

For items, this wiki page is pretty well done:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Deity_Specific_Items
Old 02-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Added wall sight.

While it's true that every race can shrink, gnome is always shrunk for every pvp encounter. Yes you will want the instant cast crimson pots, but necklace is going to save you pots and you can start every fight with a dot on you, no wasting or guessing if you need one or not.

If you don't mind spending the money and keeping plenty of pots in your bags, sure go dwarf brell or HE tunare.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See invis right click helm is nice short to mid term for human and erudite clerics when starting off new and you don't have the money for boh, but eventually you will get one so long term benefit is negligible.
Is that true though? I honestly don't have great insight, so really just asking. But the helm doesn't require a target. Wouldn't it be easier to use as an extra instant click junk buff?
Old 02-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Banned

no, all human/erud clerics end game use helm > boh

helm is 100x > boh for the simple fact that its self-only (no self target required) and is basically free versus 10k

Keyz has a great informative post, other than that comment regarding the Deadeye helm.
Closed Thread