Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Aviak

personally have had very bad experiences in CB, also as a level 8 mage I was soloing the entire lower floor of blackburrow with relative ease. (a mage though.. go figure) I got stacks of fangs it was no problem at all.
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Old 03-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm pretty new here as well. Does anyone know if the Neriak quest for the ring of the dead works? It was a lady in the Necro area that giving her the Thex Mallett you could get a ring with a single charge of bind affinity that you could have her recharge for 10gp... Ring any bells?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Kobold

Qeynos imo = win. fish quest can get you 1-10 in liike an hour if you make alts to kill the fish.
and then gnoll fangs till you can group in oasis!

what ive done on all my alts *shrug*
works well
Old 03-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're saying this like its a bad thing.

North Qeynos is probably the best newbie zone in the game. Its compact, high mob density, greatly varying mob levels, guards are close by, its hard to get disoriented, and of course its practically empty all the time. Basically, if you took everything wrong with Gfay and reversed it, you'd have Qeynos.

And of course the greatest part of Qeynos is Blackburrow + Gnoll fangs.
There is that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swindle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Freeport has always been the busier town due to the fact it is much more centrally located and the fact that it tolerates evil characters to some degree, making it the Mos Eisley of Everquest. You'd probably get better grouping opportunities in that area.
There's also that.

I'm still not sure. I actually do like Qeynos better, but I'd also like to be able to get groups, preferably in more interesting places, like dungeons, for example.

The biggest reason I picked enchanter is that from what I remember of my early EQ days, most groups had much trouble finding an ench for crowd control, so were stuck doing mostly outdoor content. I was lucky in that regard, because our regular group had one, but most others didn't. I figure if I AM the enchanter, I'll never be lacking one. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't know, maybe I'll just go with High Elf- Crushbone should be jumping. It's just that I've played lots of elves, and am very familiar with Faydwer already- I'm familiar with everywhere else too, just more so with Faydwer. Then again, if I do that, I could move on to Unrest after CB, and that's ALWAYS fun.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Orc

I leveled with gnoll fangs in Qeynos until lvl 8. Then i made journey to kelethin and went to crushbone. I had 2 groups so far and both were very good + nice exp. I probably would have been a lil faster with gnoll fangs but grouping is more fun, especially in CB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Maybe i gonna move to oasis later im not sure yet where to go after cb...whats best place 16+ ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Lots of good places 16+... takes a minute to remember what it was like in classic though... Unrest, Highpass, Lavastorm, Beholder's Maze, East Karana are the ones I like most.

Lots of people go to Oasis too, but I never really like it. There's other places that are level-appropriate, but I never really used them much.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Don't forget Runnyeye and Najena.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

I would have to say that I have always loved Qeynos. It was my first starting zone back when EQ was released. I made a half elf Paladin on Fennin Ro and later, made an Erudite Wizard (Synge) on the same server. I immediately ran over to Qeynos to play there (sucked when I died and wasn't yet bound in Qeynos though).
I love the music, the mobs, everything! When I was stronger I ventured out into Qeynos Hills. I got my ass handed to me a few times by the popular wanderers there.. I hunted at the ruins and leveled up. I can remember also my first group as we headed into West Karana for the first time. Man, we were all scared! We set up at the guard tower and killed giant spiders, lions, giant beetles, etc. We wiped a few times due to bandits but it was the best time! (and we got our revenge later at the bandit camps).. Later when I was high level, I'd run through the bandit camps and kill them all for old times sake.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have always preferred Qeynos and I am planning on playing there. I just signed up and can't wait to play! I rolled an Erudite Enchanter (Fearstalker) and am going to move him over to Qeynos. If anyone wants to group around the Qeynos area, I'll be available! I can't wait to play EQ the way it was meant to be played! I just wish I had heard of the EQ emulator sooner. The closest I could find to classic EQ was on the official Mac server Al Kabor at SOE. See you all in game!

Fearstalker - Level 1 Erudite Enchanter (hey, we all have to start at level 1)
Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of good places 16+... takes a minute to remember what it was like in classic though... Unrest, Highpass, Lavastorm, Beholder's Maze, East Karana are the ones I like most.

Lots of people go to Oasis too, but I never really like it. There's other places that are level-appropriate, but I never really used them much.
Ooo! Man, I can't wait to play in those areas again! Sigh.. I missed it all so much!
My favorites are Unrest, Najena, Highpass, East Karana and of course.. Mistmooore! I had some fun in South Karana and Lake of Ill Omen too.. I'll be looking to group in these areas soon enough!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooo! Man, I can't wait to play in those areas again! Sigh.. I missed it all so much!
My favorites are Unrest, Najena, Highpass, East Karana and of course.. Mistmooore! I had some fun in South Karana and Lake of Ill Omen too.. I'll be looking to group in these areas soon enough!
LOIO = kunark. Just fyi
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Closed Thread