Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://giphy.com/gifs/ghostbustersm...FX6vIFLcn8vSco
Old 03-27-2021, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't seem to be another good spot to start this thread, so I'll put it here for now.

How about a P1999: Purple????
Meaning Roleplay preferred server with the original Firiona Vie ruleset. As far as I remember, there were 4 major differences on the server.

1.) Languages had to be learned! You started with your race's native language and had to learn the others by talking to other players. Only humans, half elves, and maybe barbarians knew common tongue. It was kind of wild back in the day grouping with people and not being able to communicate with them for days. There was a nice sense of accomplishment too when you finally learned all the languages.

2.) Free Trade server. With the exception of epic related drops, there were almost no NO-DROP items. I remember being able to buy a Carmine Robe in the EC market. I also remember my guild doing trickle-down DKP during raids. Meaning, player 1 bids DKP and wins a shiny new item. Then his old item was DKP bidded and player 2 wins that, and then his old item DKP bidded, etc until there was no more interest. Makes raids interesting, cause a lot more people can benefit from a single loot drop. I do remember though, as a wizard, I had to specifically loot the Blue Crystal Staff and Gnarled staff myself. Those epic pieces remained no-drop.
Another perk, is it also makes trade skills much much more profitable. The coldain shawl quest items were tradeable, which makes spending the time on brewing or baking much more profitable.

3.) Trivial Loot Rule. If the mob does not give you XP, it does not drop loot. This added an interesting dynamic to the game, because now, perhaps you didn't want to just rush to 50 or 60 asap. If you really wanted to explore the game and see certain dungeons, you had to really consider where to do your levelling. It also prevents high levels from running through a lower level zone and farming up the drops.

4.) All players were in /roleplay. You had to consider other players the same way you did mobs. You didn't know immediately what level / class a person was.
/anon was still available too if you wanted to hide the guild tag.
Great idea would be dope
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Old 03-29-2021, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
easy just shut down red
how about we shut down blue? its at the end of the timeline after all.

I don't raid there so I feel justified in my statement.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No it's not, they can still go to Luclin and Planes of Power, and, in my opinion, the best expansion ever; Gates of Discord.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Difference being that blue has a thriving and active substantial population.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

I refuse to allow anyone else onto the Teal server!
Old 03-29-2021, 10:50 AM
Banned

cringe
Old 03-29-2021, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Posters
Just shut down Red
Quote:
You don't want that. You think you do, but you don't.
Guys, I am loathe to agree with Swish about anything Red-related (most of are you too new to remember his "Try Red" campaign, but I'm not) ...

... and yet even so, I have to agree with him on this point ... and no, it's not because I play on Red.

Red is what the security industry is referred to as a "honeypot". In other words, it draws all the annoying "bees" (ie. players you wouldn't want to have to play with on Blue/Green) in to a special world of toxicity that they relish, keeping them far, far away from us sane players.

If we close Red, those players will find another server to play on ... and when that happens, as Swish suggests, we will regret closing Red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

The handful of people who log into red already play on green and/or blue too, often boxing simultaneously. That argument doesn't really hold much water to me since green opened and we saw a ton of redders start playing there.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

trivial loot is a disease and bad tho just saying.
Closed Thread