Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now I want to do it more.
By the way I wanted to say thanks for being nice to me anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2021, 02:38 PM
Banned

Cen is just a beast, a nude beast streaking thru the board

1 of a proud few
Old 06-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So that question isn't technicially a loaded question, but the problem is that phrasing has multiple equivocations and your going to change it. "Allignment of the body" is a phrase used more for the psudeosciences.

Just because chiropractic isn't a science and someone makes that statement doesn't mean they are asserting any other type of claims. Likewise if someone disagrees with me on an issue im not going to say "so you don't think drinking water every day is part of a healthy diet?"
No, actually, I'm gonna leave it exactly as it is since it's intended to be a loaded question since I disagree with your authoritative-sounding dismissal of an entire discipline. Form follows function. A problem in form leads to dysfunction. That's basic anatomy and physiology, a science which chiropractors happen to be musculoskeletal experts in.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:47 PM
Banned

Translation, ive paid a chiro like 10k.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Naw. I don't have any money. It's kinda obvious there's benefit if you bother to think about it.

I moved my body in this direction so long it caused me problems. Maybe if you slowly push it back the other way it'd get better. What part of that is hard for you?
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, actually, I'm gonna leave it exactly as it is since it's intended to be a loaded question since I disagree with your authoritative-sounding dismissal of an entire discipline. Form follows function. A problem in form leads to dysfunction. That's basic anatomy and physiology, a science which chiropractors happen to be musculoskeletal experts in.
Now come on hang on a second.
I'm not an authority on very much.

I mentioned the problem with equivocations though. Sounds to me like we just agree.

Form follows function, I don't know what that means but it sounds good to me. A problem in form causes dysfunction. Sounds good too. Is that basic anatomy? I have no clue but sounds good to me. Are chiros an "expert"? In some equivocations that word sounds right.

So it sounds like we've been in agreement the whole time! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But have we?
Planar Protector

Chiropractors and physical therapists are quacks. Only God can heal you
Old 06-01-2021, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Actually, today I'm going to practice letting people be wrong on the Internet and being okay with it. Not that I think you're entirely wrong. Still, I feel like there's definite potential for therapies involving that field, particularly with fascia. Needs ALOT more research.
Last edited by Cecily; 06-01-2021 at 03:10 PM..
Old 06-01-2021, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

I mean I don't know anything about all that but..

I still don't think I've heard anyone admit they asked a loaded question, and think they are winning an argument about a topic. That's weird. Your supposed to explain why it's not, not tell me you are being an underhanded villainous deceiver bent on conversational domination!
Old 06-01-2021, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Look someone call me if you want me to take my pants off it's all I'm good for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]