Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

I think chardok was the main reason, iirc the nerf and the revamp came in at the same time.

Are people AOEing fear/hate on TLP? It's raining tradable planar armor over there in mischife so I figure, but also theres a ton of players and they all may be smashing up there idk.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

I think it could make sense to put in a higher ae limit for spells than for songs.

How many mobs were in each pull in those chardok groups, anyway? A 50 mob limit might return some general usefulness without making ae* power-levels the meta way to xp.

*edited chardok to ae here.
Last edited by Vivitron; 06-11-2021 at 01:42 PM..
Old 06-11-2021, 02:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm saying that if you show up in 2021 and start complaining how things are here and trying to change them ... maybe it would behoove you to understand how they got to be that way first. Otherwise you risk wasting a bunch of energy on "solutions" that don't in any way address the actual problem that the 25 AoE limit was created to solve.
Aren't you just full of fun assumptions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm agreeing with the OP - No energy wasted here.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:10 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Area effect spell limit works okay for most cases. Former problems like Chardok AE are an increasingly distant memory. For bards it isn't enough and they should be limited down to 4. It's still difficult to use Dragon Necropolis without being trained by some nitwit bard who thinks he owns the place. Petitioning doesn't do any good when there's almost never any staff online to read it and they can't do anything when they finally get to it after the fact to it a few days later. I've seen a guide online exactly once in the past month.

AE limit can safely be removed from P99 when the following conditions are met:

--P99 achieves fulltime staffing with 24/7 coverage and immediate /petition response.
--AE-pull-related deliberate trains are met with mandatory permanent bans for first-time offense.
--Bard class is deleted entirely.

Without those conditions in place, large-scale AE is more trouble than it's worth. I won't listen to "Not classic." You know what's classic? Having fulltime staff support with 24/7 coverage.

Danth
I guess I'm just confused more now then because what you and others are saying is that it's just a lazy approach of screw everyone because bards. Why can't they specifically target the problem instead of applying a negatively impacting blanket on everyone?

This same philosophy is how they approached clickies with raid targets. Instead of just increasing recharge cost and making raid targets immune to the clickies/effects... they increase cast times and modify usability for everyone. Example, nerf root net insta cast and screw over mages (or anyone else) that might actually use those for intended life saving purposes.... because they're being used for aggro and it "wasn't intended". No one, except the original devs know the intentions and I don't get the hubris and contempt for playing a game how it was originally designed. I think if you have a problem with that, perhaps you are the people that should not be playing this game.

Now I do appreciate the issue of not having 24/7 support.... so I do fully support severe disciplinary action. This game is 20 years old and you should be adults. Act like it and, as Justin pointed out follow the PNP. Geez.
Closed Thread