Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Talking fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2026 hehe

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not gonna lie, that is a good meme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2021, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
su·per
/ˈso͞opər/
INFORMAL
very good or pleasant; excellent.
"Julie was a super girl"

spread·er
/ˈspredər/
a person who spreads or disseminates something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
su·per·spread·er
/ˈso͞opərˌspredər/
noun
plural noun: superspreaders
a person who transmits an infectious disease or agent to an unexpectedly or unusually large number of other people.
"a superspreader could turn a single laboratory infection into a potential pandemic"

Now which one is your momma? Is she a superspreader or is she a super spreader?
A clever play on words, but looking at the quality of your others posts, it's hard to accept that the pun was intended; giving the benefit of the doubt though, you must have inherited that trait from your momma, a superb redditor.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the problem with businesses not being able to hire people is just a short term problem, like right now nobody wants to work or go outside, some do, but they were probably working all year.

most min wage workers were not, and they are not ready nor do they really need to right now, because guess what, they're not going out! so theyre not spending money, and dont need to work.

But as the months go on, and going out becomes normalized again, more apps for jobs will come in, and the pay and jobs will normalize again.

We're in a once a century bubble, things are crazy right now because that bubble is popping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, the problem is people are collecting $600 / week for doing nothing and they would prefer to do that than work and make more.

Anyone still collecting is a lazy, disgusting leech and I'd pack them all into a space ships and send them directly into the sun.
This has already been explained time and time again.

A newly renovated McDonalds in my county is hiring right now at $18/hour. If you're an unemployed low-skill worker, you can't afford to pass that up for unemployment + $400/week. If you live in a shithole state where McDonald's starts at $8 an hour, you can't afford to give up unemployment +400/week to work.

It has nothing to do with work ethic and everything to do with survival. If you're on the margins and you can get a 50% pay increase doing anything, you're an asshole if you don't take it. No matter what it is or, in this case, isn't.

Do they need to end the $400/week? Probably. I like the bonus program Montana put in place. Sure they just did it to get the pleebs to go back to work pouring lattes in Boz Angeles, but its a decent idea.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Hehe my friend is a programmer for the local power plant and he makes 19 dollars an hour I'm surprised by a McDonald's somewhere for 18 an hour
Old 06-18-2021, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Banned

Nobody saw that coming.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

He was a colorful one, that toothed. Smart? No. Graceful? Nope. Informed? Nay. Well Spoken? I think you know that one.

He was not a lot of things. But colorful he was. And possibly under the influence of meth.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hehe my friend is a programmer for the local power plant and he makes 19 dollars an hour I'm surprised by a McDonald's somewhere for 18 an hour
yeah because both deserve a meaningful life.
A decent life.

I think ANYONE working 40 hours a week should be able to meet month's end without too much stress.

My mama used to say if there is a job to do, then there is a job worth doing and someone must do it.

I'm sorry you see workers, American workers, as less deserving of a decent life simply because of their employment status.

Also, a machine can do both job.
One require heart. another, knowledge of 1 and 0.

I'll let you know which one I think deserves more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was a colorful one, that toothed. Smart? No. Graceful? Nope. Informed? Nay. Well Spoken? I think you know that one.

He was not a lot of things. But colorful he was. And possibly under the influence of meth.

He was obviously on meth and toothed was an euphemism for the loose tooth he has left.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol great prose.
Old 06-26-2021, 12:06 AM
Kobold

I see you guys are having great fun in your echo chamber
Old 06-26-2021, 12:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah because both deserve a meaningful life.
A decent life.

I think ANYONE working 40 hours a week should be able to meet month's end without too much stress.

My mama used to say if there is a job to do, then there is a job worth doing and someone must do it.

I'm sorry you see workers, American workers, as less deserving of a decent life simply because of their employment status.

Also, a machine can do both job.
One require heart. another, knowledge of 1 and 0.

I'll let you know which one I think deserves more.

He was obviously on meth and toothed was an euphemism for the loose tooth he has left.
Not gonna lie.

If I could easily make months end on minimum wage, I wouldn't put up with the half the dumb shit power tripping, office politik bullshit drama I've had to put up with over the years. I'd be like, "fuck you", walk out, and take up a gig as a fry cook somewhere with ear buds just zoning out through my "work" day.
Closed Thread