Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

Default Largest concentration of Iksar bandits?

Title. I'm going to work on Cabilis faction on my wizard soon, for fun and because I'm weird. Figure the best way would be to kill bandits over and over again, and then when the warriors and necros are covered, I can start feeding Mozo all of the bone chips to get the rest of the factions.

I don't know Kunark too well so I'm wondering where the best places to find Iksar bandits are. I first considered just tagging the entirety of the Field of Bone pit, but I don't want to annoy all the newb iksar levelers and there didn't seem to be a big enough bandit concentration anyway. I'm looking for alternatives there. Any suggestions?
Old 06-23-2021, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Warslik's woods in the caves, and there is a ruin nearby outside the caves with 8 or so static spawns. That's probably your best bet.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warslik's woods in the caves, and there is a ruin nearby outside the caves with 8 or so static spawns. That's probably your best bet.
Checkin' it out, thanks!
Old 06-23-2021, 06:12 AM
Fire Giant

So I just discovered this area in SoNH, in a cave and very close to the Trakanon's Teeth zoneline, where there are about 9 Iksar Exiles just standing around. I could be wrong but this seems like the highest concentration of them. Since they are higher level I'm reconsidering my tactic, and I might leave until I hit 49 and can Supernova them all.

So far the biggest camp of bandits is 9, anyone know of a place that beats that? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-23-2021, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Was going to say the Swamp is a good spot
Old 06-23-2021, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So far the biggest camp of bandits is 9, anyone know of a place that beats that? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can kill bandits non stop in FoB just requires lots of running around. If you are high enough lvl you could probably use a lvl 1 spell to pull/hold aggro for a noob group
Old 06-23-2021, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontheripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can kill bandits non stop in FoB just requires lots of running around. If you are high enough lvl you could probably use a lvl 1 spell to pull/hold aggro for a noob group
There's also the bandit caves in the north end of FoB. I think there are more than 9 there in close-quarters. Although there's a level 35 rogue mob that pops periodically....
Old 06-23-2021, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar bandits in the WW tunnel to LOIO are where I did my cabilis factioning, and it worked well because I'd gather all the mobs in the area, pbae them down and then they'd repop as I finished medding.

They grant you both Warrior and Necromancer faction too - wish I had known that from the beginning because I had first done warriors via sarnak slaughtering in the fort in LOIO, and then turned in about 12,000 bone chips. After all that I was still kos to Necros so I had to do the bandit slaying, the whole time seeing "your faction could not possibly get any better" with the warriors. If I were to do it again, I'd do what you're planning - bandits then bone chips.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=270954

(it took me 3984 bandits to max btw)

-Mcoy
Old 06-24-2021, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontheripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I originally planned to do this but there weren't that many in the pit, and there are lots of lowbie iksar leveling there so I didn't want to annoy them by staffing all of the mobs in there and thunderclapping them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's also the bandit caves in the north end of FoB. I think there are more than 9 there in close-quarters. Although there's a level 35 rogue mob that pops periodically....
Ooh yeah I found that one as well. It's across from the Tangrin island. True story, I almost freaked out when I accidently thunderclapped one of the lesser spirits, thinking it'd ruin Truespirit faction (which is needed as a wizard).

Think I'm gonna stick to the Swamp cave though. It's surprisingly good money and I can nuke down 6 of them per mana bar.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

The best chill way to raise Cab and also FV factions is to camp the Courier in LoIO and kill any goblin and bandit you see. There's a ton of them, you'll get your faction and some 4k rings to sell.
Closed Thread