Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Large Bat

Redownloaded Eqchanges v1.3 again just for the heck of it and unzipped to EQ directory, and it worked. No idea what was different but oh well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Large Rat

Thank You.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Fire Giant

well Avast anti virus is flaggin the download as a trojan and saying that it was hacked and taken over.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well Avast anti virus is flaggin the download as a trojan and saying that it was hacked and taken over.
Ditto ~
Old 09-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for this I right clicked the icon for avast on the task bar. Navigated to avast! shields control > Disable for 10 mins

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo7676 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Redownloaded Eqchanges v1.3 again just for the heck of it and unzipped to EQ directory, and it worked. No idea what was different but oh well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ In this order and it ended up working for those with similar issues hope this works for someone.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Aviak

I had to make two exceptions for Avast! to stop blocking EQ. I'm guessing it was the second one that I did which actually made a difference though.

Go to Real-Time Shield > File System Shield
Go to Advanced Settings > Exclusions

I added my EQ directory to the Exclusions list here.

If you clicked on Settings at the upper right and entered your exclusion there it will NOT work. That will only exclude the file or directory from being scanned when you manually scan, it does not exclude it from the real-time scanning that happens when files are accessed.

I didn't have to disable Avast! for it to load properly once I made the changes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hope this helps others!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had to make two exceptions for Avast! to stop blocking EQ. I'm guessing it was the second one that I did which actually made a difference though.

Go to Real-Time Shield > File System Shield
Go to Advanced Settings > Exclusions

I added my EQ directory to the Exclusions list here.

If you clicked on Settings at the upper right and entered your exclusion there it will NOT work. That will only exclude the file or directory from being scanned when you manually scan, it does not exclude it from the real-time scanning that happens when files are accessed.

I didn't have to disable Avast! for it to load properly once I made the changes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hope this helps others!

Thank you VERY much i've had so many problems trying to exclude certain folders from being scanned.. didn't know it had to be the expert settings...

my EQ started doing this yesterday (don't know why it wasen't sooner)
Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Large Bat

So I guess I spoke too soon - after working yesterday, I tried to log in today to the same DLL-2 error =(

I noticed that when I run the EQ Emu launcher, it always patches the \Resources\GlobalLoad.txt file - not sure if maybe that has something to do with it?

Back to the drawing board I guess...
Old 09-05-2011, 07:53 AM
Fire Giant

let us know mate, but try not using the launcher?
Old 09-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Large Bat

Turns out that it was the launcher replacing one of the files (i'm guessing GlobalLoad.txt) for whatever reason, so if I patch manually and run the executable it works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hope this might help someone.