Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

Default Travel as Evil Faydwer?

I'm wondering if anybody could help me out with some tips on Binding, Selling and getting into Faydwer as a Dark Elf Warrior. I'm not an Inny follower, rather Rallos Zek but I still assume I'm still KOS everywhere. I'm specifically wondering about the translocators, having never used them before. Can I still jump the doc and get past the guards in BB? Secondly, where do most evil folks bind? And finally, is there a good merchant to sell to? I assume banking is pretty much impossible without faction work.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Kobold

I was a Dark Elf Wizard (Inny) in my early days of EQ, so I can't say about finding any non-hostile merchants in Faydwer, nor have I had a lot of experience with the boats (GFay port.) But when I played my Iksar Monk, I travelled via boat/translocator a couple times to/from BB.

As far as I know, the spot you get dropped off by the translocators was aggro-free at the BB docks. This was the case on live, I'm not 100% sure what the spawn and location situation is here.

Sorry I can't give an exact answer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ex-Tholuxe Paells player

If I spent half as much time playing as forum-ing, I'd be 50 by now.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

i think the dwarf on the island in dagnor's cauldron might buy from you but i have no way to confirm that. a dark elf cleric can sell to him, i'm guessing a DE war could as well (though it is a pretty dangerous trip).

I am a human sk, kos with all elves but not the dwarves. the safest place to bind is the zl between bb/gfay.

as far as banking goes, well, you're probably screwed... sorry but i can't think of any way to bank in faydwer at all as a DE. if you sell everything you find you could store your wealth and conserve weight by buying precious stones from vendors and selling them back when you finally get to a place you can bank at.
Last edited by pickled_heretic; 05-27-2010 at 11:03 AM..
Old 05-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

DE in Faydwer?

You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Heretic - thanks for the info. I'm still debating on whether or not it's worth it to travel to Faydwer just to hit up an overcrowded Unrest.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Kobold

Honestly, I can't ever say about travel to/from Faydwer by boat because I've never done it on this character (Ogre SK). I've always asked for ports.

As far as binding/vendoring goes, this I can offer some insight on. A good place to bind might be in GFay at the wizard spires. Corpse runs weren't too terribly long to either MM or Unrest. Vendoring was trickier, but I finally happened upon being able to sell at the druid in BB at the druid rings. I've tried it at the WC and LS druid rings as well, and I can sell just fine at those places. So, I'm assuming you can sell at any druid ring just fine.

This is my first evil character, so it's a learning experience for me hehe. Played a Half Elf Bard long ago and it was much easier travelling.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Dantes, the BB translocator is safe. The one in OOT is a little more dangerous, actually, because it's on Sister isle and they'll scowl. Just stay at your end of the dock and you'll be fine.

As for BB, you'll want to swim around the wall instead of walking past the guards at the archway. Aside from steering clear of the scattered guard huts, it's really safe in BB. The druid ring in BB is completely safe, and the vendor there is indifferent, too.

Assuming in GFay, you aren't going near the elves, the only dangers you'll run across are the fairies that occasionally wander by. I've only seen them 2-3 times on the direct path to LFay.

LFay and Dagnors are dangerous for all, but in Dagnor's, the dwarf encampment might not be so welcoming. In LFay, the dark elf camp near MM shouldn't be KOS (quite the opposite, actually), but they don't have a vendor, either. The Nybright sisters aren't KOS to me, but they also don't have a vendor.

You might not be KOS to gnomes, though. It's worth checking out.
Last edited by Nocte; 05-27-2010 at 02:12 PM..
Old 05-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

in BB right between gfey and dagnor there is a dwarf merchant that will be indifferent to you. There is a guard a little ways away from her, so you have to be careful, but he shouldn't agro. The other option for selling is the druid at the BB druid rings. Though neither of these merchants sell food or water or bandages so make sure to bring a bunch with you, or ask someone nicely to buy them for you. As far as banking, no dice. You're going to need to head back over to nek every 5 levels or so to train new skills through 25 so plan ahead. Also you can buy and sell gems from the merchants to turn your copper silver and gold into plat.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I wouldn't recommend unrest anymore. I went through it with a warrior 12-25 now necro 10-20 and it's gotten way to overcrowded. Especially being an evil race, I'd run upper guk instead if I had it to do over again.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah Taamas, I'm playing my first evil character too! I had a few evil alts back in the day but rarely played them. My main was a Wood Elf. I figured that since I'm starting new on P99 it would be a fun new challenge to play evil - and so far it has been interesting to try to get around.

Evilashh - I was thinking the same thing. I never really played upper guk much back during live, spent too much time in Unrest. Other than needing Jagged Bands there's really no other reason I want to be there. Mistmoore is fun too but I can probably stand to get some more levels under my belt before I head over there.

Nocte, hows the homework going? I see you made level 27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread