Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Question Question on Cleric Solo Spots

It's been (years) since I played, probably forgot 90% of what I knew from classic. Been in Najena up front soloing all of the undead but at 15 on my Cleric, stuff is turning green. Other than befallen (shiver) is there another place with undead that is good for soloing on a Cleric? I had thought of Unrest but odds are I would catch some type of NPC aggro as a Dark Elf Cleric to make the trip not worth my time. Need a place accessable to DEF Clerics at around 15'ish if there is one or should I just go to Oasis and find a group .... even though i enjoy soloing. The money is better soloing.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had thought of Unrest but odds are I would catch some type of NPC aggro as a Dark Elf Cleric to make the trip not worth my time.
There are few problems with getting to unrest as a dark elf. There's the dock in butcherblock, but that's trivial: just jump off and swim around it.

There are a few guards near roads in butcherblock, but again they're trivial to avoid. In dragnor's cauldron, there is a camp with four NPCs with various factions at a campsite near the coast. The terrain there is very uneven so it's possible to accidentally walk up on them and get attacked, but if you are on the very edge of the waterline or stick to the side of the zone until you've learned where they are, then they aren't a problem at all.

The courtyard in unrest probably won't sustain you for long, but as a worst case scenario it'll be a decent spot to group when easy killings run out.

There are a lot of spots in kunark I'd rather go to... *cry*
Old 07-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dersk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are a lot of spots in kunark I'd rather go to... *cry*
Field of Bone FTW

(10:59:44 PM) Haze1: your cat is cuter than naez's confirmed
Old 07-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Well Unrest is not gonna work simply because there isn't anywhere to sell loot.
befallen sucks cause when you move into an area that takes a key and then you die, you cannot get back in there without help. I always hated befallen.

PS: the Kunark replies are not really helping me much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Aviak

Make friends with someone that can port. EQ is not a game for the lone wolf. Get a guild.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well Unrest is not gonna work simply because there isn't anywhere to sell loot.
You can sell loot to the merchant at the druid rings in Butcher, which is not far from the DC zone line; banking would be your real problem.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Soloing at a cleric was my specialty..

OK.

At 14-17 you just got a nice live DD boost, use it on bandit sisters in LF. There are ranger merchants not too far from the Nybright camp, it's bronze weapon heaven... just use lull and pull singles and root nuke like a ghetto wizard.

Unrest you can solo from 19-40+ if you want to. just remember that IVU/LULL/ROOT/NUKE is all you really need to mess with. Sadly undead killing is always gonna be far and away the most mana efficient. I used to solo in mistmoore and places like that just to prove it could be done, with without real invis and the long gap from lvl 14-29 to get a new live DD, you simply arent going to get far against live mobs.

One little sidenote: cleric is probably the most versatile duoing class in the game...

Cleric/War : err duh..
Cleric/melee: yah...
Cleric/Necro: you can handle the fear/DD when fear kiting so the necro just has to focus on snaring and any DOT he wants to add.
Cleric/Mage: heal pet. heh.

Cleric/Wizard: you can either help root/nuke or (far more fun) play around with the extensive stun-line clerics get to stun lock while the wiz nukes.

Cleric/Enc: stunlock, heal pet, CH charmed pet, etc. Enchanters are great named hunters, and their ability to invis you against live mobs will get you many places you couldnt even dream of solo.

Cleric/Ranger: The most underwhelming fear/kite combo in EQ, BUT STILL POSSIBLE! hehe.. Just make sure the ranger is high enough level, I still have nightmares having a ranger try and snare yellow spectres and chasing down unsnared/feared mobs with about a 30% melee hit rate when he was actually in range.

Shaman and Druids have no use for you. Just accept it.

The real advantage to a cleric is there is only 2 classes that are LFG and won't make a killer duo with a cleric. Druids and Shamans. Any other class will gladly welcome the added safety/security/healing/utility a cleric can add as a duoing partner. Clerics were born to duo. No one should EVER zone into befallen willingly, and Unrest is way too crowded these days.

Although there is nothing funner in Classic EQ than getting your cleric to the point s/he can nuke-stun-nuke festering hags. It's a rush. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

p.s. about not being able to sell loot in unrest : there's a dorf on the island (not overly safe, I know), but you'd be surprised how little bronze/FS you actually will see drop per kill. By the time I'd get to, say, 140/80 wgt (rooting and nuking doesnt need much mobility) I'd just gate back to GF or BB or wherever I bound (you want to be bound close to a merchant, it's far better than running fat from Unrest through Dags Cauldron). If you want money and nearby merchants at 14/15, kill bandits in LF. If you want to pwn undead like Tunare ordained, bind in BB/GF and live the dream.

p.p.s. you can bind so far away because clerics never die. It's a fact.
Last edited by Bubbles; 07-10-2010 at 06:19 PM..
Old 07-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I guess at this point Unrest is your best choice. You could try raising faction with the elves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ...kill lots of crushbone.
Anyway, that's where I was hunting on live with my elf cleric, great spot. If Kunark was open, then the local would be a no brainer. Kunark was great for my cleric. Guess that is why I am mostly saving my current cleric for later as I work my drui now.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...kill lots of crushbone.
This will not work. Orcs do not give merchant or banker faction. You'd have to quest for it, and it takes more ruined wolf pelts then you would care to imagine.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Banned

They also give negative Neriak faction (warrior guild, which I believe the guards are on).
Closed Thread