Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Default Mobs falling through islands in sky

As anyone who has raided sky a few times is aware, mobs occasionally fall through the island they are standing on and take hours to reset unless a GM resets them manually. Keeping mobs off hills seems to help, but in my experience it can happen even on a very slight slope.

Usually players are summoned to the void below the islands, which means they either require a new port to sky and corpse summon, or---even worse---they zone to Freeport without dying and their keys are lost.

It has been this way since I started on P99, and the typical result is that all progress on the raid is halted completely unless a guide happens to be available to reset the mob.

I did a quick search on the bug forum; if this bug has been mentioned then it hasn't been mentioned with the prominence it deserves. This issue has been causing headaches for both players and guides for years, and I would urge the devs to take another look to see if there might be a fix that isn't too difficult.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:24 AM
Banned

could this pathing bug be the same thing that makes mobs fall through disco and crypt in sebilis?
Old 01-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Fighting them on flat ground helps. Don't fight them on non-flat ground.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Banned

they fall through on flat ground as well

happens at some point like every other sky raid for my guild
Old 01-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Banned

I had this happen with specs in oasis

Pets being on them appeared to cause it

When we stopped putting pets on them as they ran from tower to ground, the problem stopped
Old 01-26-2015, 05:21 AM
Sarnak

Bump---Still happening, still ruining raids.

With <Asgard> on Saturday, we had KoS fall through the world. After it had reset and regenned to full (at the bottom of the world), we managed to push a shaman pet off the island and get it to attack KoS. In this way, we were able to get just about our whole raid aggro on him while he wasn't summoning (but was DTing of course).

We ran around island 4 but he wouldn't come up, so we ported a bunch of people to island 1 and he wouldn't come melee us there either. I believe we concluded that he was trapped beneath some kind of "glass ceiling" that prevented him from coming up.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

This happened to me on beta in great divide this morning while fighting taskmaster abyott outside of thurg, ill make a post in vel section when I have time. When abyott reset though he stayed under the world so I had to throw in the towel. Why can't there be a z axis check when mobs reset to their spawn points?
Old 01-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Happened to a raid I was on recently, an azarak being attacked on flat ground dropped through the island, raid was over after that.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Sarnak

BUMP, mobs still falling through islands, ruining raids
Old 03-17-2015, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

we havnt had as many issues since we stopped letting our necros and mages summon pets but its a pretty lame fix and leaves them pretty bored for what is usually a fairly long raid.