Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Default Possible Tower of Frozen Shadow bugs?

I think I Found Two so far.

#1 - I'm not for sure, but I Just looted an Excellent Sabertooth Tiger Hide off of an Oozing Flesh. - Pretty sure this isn't supposed to be on his loot table.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

#2 - According to the Key Compendium on the P99 Wiki, Each Level you advance in is supposed to drop a Key that will let you through the previous level mirrors, as well as advance to the next floor. (Other notes states: also grants access to all lower floors) Currently This doesn't work, you get the key but it only works with the corresponding floor it came from.

I just tried Clicking through the First Mirror with a Frosty Key (came from the 3rd floor) on the First Floor and it didn't let me through.
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Last edited by Lostprophets; 08-13-2015 at 12:29 PM..
Old 08-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostprophets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#1 - I'm not for sure, but I Just looted an Excellent Sabertooth Tiger Hide off of an Oozing Flesh. - Pretty sure this isn't supposed to be on his loot table.
Working as intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Floor 4

**NPC bugs**

oozing flesh - Should drop excellent sabretooth hides until patch on January 28, 2003 (Alternate source 1, source 2)
Quote:
#2 - According to the Key Compendium on the P99 Wiki, Each Level you advance in is supposed to drop a Key that will let you through the previous level mirrors, as well as advance to the next floor.
I don't think this is correct.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostprophets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#2 - According to the Key Compendium on the P99 Wiki, Each Level you advance in is supposed to drop a Key that will let you through the previous level mirrors, as well as advance to the next floor. (Other notes states: also grants access to all lower floors) Currently This doesn't work, you get the key but it only works with the corresponding floor it came from.

I just tried Clicking through the First Mirror with a Frosty Key (came from the 3rd floor) on the First Floor and it didn't let me through.
Incorrect, I lived in TOFS on my cleric when velious released on live, you were never able to click back down to a previous floor, if you wanted to go back down to a lower floor then what you were on, you would have to leave the Tower and go back up through the mirrors. The keys are only good for going up the Tower.
*EDIT* Also, with the exeption of Tserrinas Key, you can only use the keys to click on the mirrors on the floor you received them on, EI: Using the 4th floor key on the mirrior on the 1st floor will not port you to the 5th floor, where Tserrinas Key will allow you to automaticly port up to the 7th.
Last edited by Osyruz; 08-25-2015 at 05:06 PM..
Old 08-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

I believe he means you could use a key you looted on 4th floor to click from Floor 1 --> 2, run to next mirror, 2->3, 3->4, 4->5.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe he means you could use a key you looted on 4th floor to click from Floor 1 --> 2, run to next mirror, 2->3, 3->4, 4->5.
I think this is correct. Evidence:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120405...tml?zstrat=117
Quote:
Since each key grants access to all previous levels, I'd recommend that when working your way up in a group you rotate who gets each key, that way several people can get keyed for various levels. Keys are only added to your keyring when you use it to access a level you haven't accessed before. So, if you loot Tserrina's Key, you'll want to go back to level one and use it on the left side mirror (the one that ports you to the top) to get it added to your keyring.
Quote:
Actually, if you get pulled to say, 4th floor by someone in party that is keyed to that point, then you loot cara's key (rusty, and click group to 5th floor, you can now access all floors up to 5th, even though you never had keys for 2 - 4. This works, and always has.

The key Tserrina has just allows you to skip all the intervening floors, and go directly to top level w/o having to click through each floor, crawl/invis across, and click for next floor.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that when you use a key to a floor you also get the keys to all the previous floors added to your keyring: when I type /keys, all it says is Tower of Frozen Shadow: 5, not Tower of Frozen Shadow: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. So you probably only need to get keys on the fifth floor and then can use any mirror up to the 7th.

I think we actually tested and verified this about nine months ago when XPing there, but I may be mistaken.
Quote:
Well for those of you that have gone all the way to the top and have Tserinnas key, you will be happy to learn that once you click on the 2nd floor mirror youll get a message that the Master Key 7 (Tserinnas Key) has been added to your keychain. I then ran around thru the first few floors and even went to the 7th floor express mirror on level 1 and it all worked w/o having to hold a key anymore. I dont know how it works for not having all the keys but it sounds like you have to get Tserinnas to bypass the rest.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know when it was implemented but I do remember once you got Tserinnas key you can use it to traverse all floors. I think this was later though, not at release.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know when it was implemented but I do remember once you got Tserinnas key you can use it to traverse all floors. I think this was later though, not at release.
I think you might be right. Did some more research, found this site:
http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjon.../tofs/tofs.htm
Multiple references to needing a full set of keys. I wonder when it changed? Maybe when keychain was implemented?