Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-08-2020, 06:52 AM
Sarnak

Default What are you guys doing about these bogus crashes?

There is no reason for me to be crashing when camping or zoning so often. Why is it the game was more stable in 1999 than in 2020?
Old 02-08-2020, 08:07 AM
Large Bat

This started happening to me as well in the last few days. Game was pretty stable but now I crash almost everytime I zone now, or when logging into the server it times out and bumps me back to the login screen. Haven't changed anything so interested to hear if others having the same problem... Makes the game near impossible to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2020, 09:00 AM
Aviak

Hi there, try this:

Set the compatibility on your EQ shortcut to Windows XP SP2 (see below for instructions), then try it out.

If the Compatibility tab does not appear on your shortcut, instead of using the Launch Titanium.bat as your shortcut, go to your Everquest folder and make a shortcut for the file eqgame.exe. Once you have this on your desktop right click and select the Compatibility tab. Check the Compatibility mode box and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the drop down list and click Apply. Then go to the Shortcut tab and in the top line where it says: "C:\EverQuest Titanium\eqgame.exe" etc. Type patchme after that line, so that it looks like this: "C:\EverQuest Titanium\eqgame.exe" patchme

Click Apply and OK and try restarting with this new shortcut, this worked for me.