Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 02:04 AM
Fire Giant

Default Traveler's Boots a viable alternative to JBoots?

Just wondering there. If for whatever reason I'm not up to the trouble of trying to acquire JBoots for my wizard (being unable to compete with the 50+ far faster folks in SRo, or feeling anxious about buying a MQ with all the things that can go wrong there) would just saving the money and making my way to the vendor to pick up TBoots be a viable option as well?

Going by the wiki, it seems like they both provide the same amount of speed, with the TBoots just requiring a cast time. Since I have the Temp Flux staff for the CD resetting already, I'm honestly just thinking of doing that. Would I end up regretting it?
Old 05-21-2021, 02:08 AM
Banned

yeah but its not an instant cast

you can pay about the same amount of plat to just buy a regular jboots mq
Old 05-21-2021, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Travelers Boots dont become an option until mid Velious
Old 05-21-2021, 02:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah but its not an instant cast

you can pay about the same amount of plat to just buy a regular jboots mq
Actually people seem to be asking for 6k for JBoots MQs here, whereas the TBoots are sold for 5kish on the vendor. So the TBoots would actually be cheaper, aside from all the things that can go wrong with trying to MQ a JBoots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Travelers Boots dont become an option until mid Velious
Oh, fair enough. Actually didn't know that one, hehe.

I'm just worried about trying to get a pair of Jboots. My lower level wizard isn't going to be able to compete with all the 50+ rangers, druids and bards sniping it in SRo.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:23 AM
Banned

6k is for everything included but should be more of like 5.5k tbh

jboots are more worth it
Old 05-21-2021, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6k is for everything included but should be more of like 5.5k tbh

jboots are more worth it
Just going by what I saw in the tunnel the last time.

I'm just nervous about how easily a MQing can go wrong. I heard someone can give a water flask to Hasten to essentially troll people and it screws the whole thing up. Then there's the gnome just dashing away before the transaction is completed.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just going by what I saw in the tunnel the last time.

I'm just nervous about how easily a MQing can go wrong. I heard someone can give a water flask to Hasten to essentially troll people and it screws the whole thing up. Then there's the gnome just dashing away before the transaction is completed.
could get on a list and camp it at oot
Old 05-21-2021, 02:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
could get on a list and camp it at oot
Don't you need to be 45+ to be able to get it from there? And also be friends with the guild controlling that spawn?

I've never had a JBoots in my life so these are honest questions. I just feel like they're beyond a peasant like me hehe.
Last edited by tadkins; 05-21-2021 at 02:40 AM..
Old 05-21-2021, 03:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you need to be 45+ to be able to get it from there? And also be friends with the guild controlling that spawn?

I've never had a JBoots in my life so these are honest questions. I just feel like they're beyond a peasant like me hehe.
You do need to be high enough level to solo it, every 6 minutes or whatever the spawn is, meaning recovering the mana you use and be ready for the next spawn, don't know when a wizard is able to do that. There are typically going to be people there to assist but you shouldn't rely on them it's a long camp potentially and they will go afk leaving you to deal with it alone.

No need for connections to the players there, just show up and ask to be added to the list, and then typically don't leave the zone. Rules are pretty much up to whoever is currently holding the list before it's your turn, someone could tell you it's okay to go off and do stuff elsewhere but then the list moves up and the new owner notices you're not in the zone and just skip you, but it's pretty simple!

From the wiki "The cyclops in Ocean of Tears which is a placeholder for an ancient cyclops might be higher level, requiring 5 Ice Comets to take down."

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 05-21-2021, 03:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do need to be high enough level to solo it, every 6 minutes or whatever the spawn is, meaning recovering the mana you use and be ready for the next spawn, don't know when a wizard is able to do that. There are typically going to be people there to assist but you shouldn't rely on them it's a long camp potentially and they will go afk leaving you to deal with it alone.

No need for connections to the players there, just show up and ask to be added to the list, and then typically don't leave the zone. Rules are pretty much up to whoever is currently holding the list before it's your turn, someone could tell you it's okay to go off and do stuff elsewhere but then the list moves up and the new owner notices you're not in the zone and just skip you, but it's pretty simple!

From the wiki "The cyclops in Ocean of Tears which is a placeholder for an ancient cyclops might be higher level, requiring 5 Ice Comets to take down."
Ah gotcha, thanks. I just remember reading a thread here a while back about how Kingdom controls that area and that I have to appeal to them if I wanted a shot at that spawn. I honestly thought that I'd have to try to make friends with them first.

But yup, how would they feel if I as a 20ish wizard wanted to get added to that list? I figured they would just disregard and pass me up as I'm not capable of doing it myself.
Closed Thread