Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-10-2021, 03:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Login game troubles

I use to login normal everyday, nothing on my end has changed. Now for some odd reason because of Velious release, Login to server select screen, nothing shows up, logout, log back into server select screen, nothing shows up, logout, log back into server select screen, "Error 1017: Cannot login to the Everquest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of Connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary" click on, click server then play everquest. Sometimes boots back out to the login screen, sometimes connects to a blank character select screen. 3% of the time I get to connect to the correct character select screen, once this happens its a 50% chance a character i select will load into game. Ive redownloaded the patch, cleared ini.client(thought this fixed it), redownloaded the game an repatched V54. Same thing, my internet is fine. Only game this does this in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (398).jpg (11.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-10-2021, 06:03 AM
Sarnak

Getting the "unknown error occurred while trying to join the server" message now
Old 07-10-2021, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Rule out a connectivity issue by trying from a hotspot or VPN. These errors can be caused by a routing issue on your ISPs side, and the only fix is to wait for your ISP to sort it out. In the meantime, use your hotspot/VPN. The client's traffic is minimal (designed for dial up) so it won't suck up your data plan.

-Mcoy
Old 07-10-2021, 03:13 PM
Orc

I have been getting the same issue. It seems to only be happening during "primetime hours" so 7-9ish PM EST.

My friend who just started playing (and thus has a completely clean install) is also having the issue but not as bad as I am. We are on basically opposite ends of the country with different ISPs.

When I do actually make it in game during these times the game seems a bit laggy overall and zoning sometimes freezes. Otherwise it works fine.

Outside of those primetime hours I have 0 issues logging in, zoning, lag, etc.

Edit: I haven't tried using a hotspot yet, but will give it a shot next time and report back.
Last edited by Windez; 07-10-2021 at 03:15 PM..
Old 07-10-2021, 04:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Getting the same issue, either getting 1017 or just getting booted back to login screen
Old 07-10-2021, 04:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default DB Error - Invalid password

Hello,

Played a long time ago and wanted to relive old EQ a bit. I've installed per instructions; but I get a "DB Error - Invalid password" prompt. I've tried contacting mailer@eqemulator.net and have been unsuccessful getting a response. GMail is reporting an error for the address. Thought I would try here to see if this can be resolved.

I've attached three jpegs of screen captures.

Mark
CapA-620x280.jpg

CapB-620x280.jpg

CapC-620x280.jpg
Old 07-10-2021, 04:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Tried connecting to red and it worked immediately. Just blue and green that I cannot connect to.
Old 07-10-2021, 05:41 PM
Kobold

I'm not saying it is your connection but the login server is sensitive to dropped or out of order packets. Wifi connections drop and resend packets frequently even when you have a good/moderate connection and it gets worse with distance. This will cause a blank server list, difficulty reaching character selection screen and getting from character select to in game. Once you get in game you may have higher latency but will normally be fine until you try to zone. I live on the east coast and my ping is around 65ms.
Old 07-10-2021, 05:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am east coast. What I can tell you is no other game I play experiences this issue. League of legends, Eve online, Guild wars 2, Black desert online, The Isle, Swtor, Lotro, Anarchy Online, current games I login to everyday. I don't even disconnect in these games unless my isp is under maintenance. I use to play fine on green with the occasion classic Eq disconnect. Now I login to empty server lists an 1017 error. This has only happened since somewhere around the release of Velious, probably beforehand, I haven't been so active in the last few month. An its not like I use to login once in a blue moon, ive played blue briefly, an green since release with on an offs, but for long periods of time.
Last edited by Decimator; 07-10-2021 at 06:03 PM..
Old 07-10-2021, 06:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Internet speed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic (2).jpg (23.6 KB, 3 views)