Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

Default Freeport or Qeynos?

Hello everyone! I'm DL'ing Titanium now, probably won't get in until at least tomorrow, but I'm excited to play REAL EQ again! In fact, this is quite nostalgic for me, as I actually started playing in January 2000, and from everything I've read, the state of this server is almost exactly as it was when I first started back then. Awesome!

Anyway, I am thinking I will make a human enchanter, and wanted to get some opinions. What do you guys think? Qeynos > Freeport or Freeport > Qeynos?

I've also never played an enchanter to very high level, so this should really bring back the feeling of newbieness again.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

There's a lot more people in Freeport. Qeynos is basically a ghost town.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

people make human enchanters?
Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a lot more people in Freeport. Qeynos is basically a ghost town.
You're saying this like its a bad thing.

North Qeynos is probably the best newbie zone in the game. Its compact, high mob density, greatly varying mob levels, guards are close by, its hard to get disoriented, and of course its practically empty all the time. Basically, if you took everything wrong with Gfay and reversed it, you'd have Qeynos.

And of course the greatest part of Qeynos is Blackburrow + Gnoll fangs.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Kobold

Default Freeport

Freeport has always been the busier town due to the fact it is much more centrally located and the fact that it tolerates evil characters to some degree, making it the Mos Eisley of Everquest. You'd probably get better grouping opportunities in that area.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

If you are making a solo class and have a desire to start in Qeynos then I would. (you could also make erudite enc and play in Qeynos). Otherwise it may be a little shitty right now. Freeport will be by far the easiest, ec/nro/oasis/uguk, without much running.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Aviak

You can't beat gnoll fangs -- Best newbie quest ever. Yeah, I prefer Qeynos and when you're around 12 you can make the journey over to freeport
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Old 03-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you guys think? Qeynos > Freeport or Freeport > Qeynos?
Qeynos is far superior over Freeport. I'm going on the music alone!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Orc

I like em both im only lvl 8 yet but travelled twice yet between the both citys, and kelethin. I just cant decide where to stay. The Gnollfangs are great thats true, they give good exp. NQ sometimes is like a ghost town what made me sad but on prime time there was pretty good activity over there. But there is for sure more in Kelethin and Freeport. For grouping i think freeport is prob. the best, or maybe crushbone near kelethin (crushbone ftw!) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW: what do you think is better exp, hunting with groups in crushbone or hunting solo in Blackburrow and do the gnoll fang quests?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Depends on how good the CB group is. Most of them are full of retards or are a total waste of your time so unless you're playing untwinked as a class that can't solo, BB is probably better.
Last edited by Lanor; 03-11-2010 at 01:41 AM..
Closed Thread