Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why is isk not preferred from what i see
Some overestimate the value of the clicky bracer... Iksar cannot use. It's great but really only for 45-49 once you have epic it's just wasted time casting it instead of just Cani and root rot. 12 second cast for like 250 damage gets really old quickly imo

That's really only downside, some pre-Velious downsides cus they are hurting for some armor like hate/kunark plate legs/bp.. But it's all subjective.

Really like unsaid fashion should be your guide with a shaman.

The only thing that really affects play is the size, ogre and troll can be super annoying in some vanilla dungeons
Old 01-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

JBB is important if you wanna try to solo some high end stuff. Jbb is 263 dmg mana free every 8 secs. Best shm dot Bane of nife is 241 dmg every 6 secs for 425 mana. Jbb is not necessary, it just opens a lot of possibilities.

For info i play a barbarian. Never regreted it.

GREEN: Ineluki - Human Shadow Knight of Inoruuk

lulz
Old 01-21-2016, 01:12 PM
Banned

However possibilities it opens there is nothing alive in the game that you can kill with jbb that you can't kill without. The cost vs change to play is overrated. You're better suited bane/torp in those 8 sec then Cani the next. It's a vanity item.

Pras the barb shaman tho
Old 01-21-2016, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However possibilities it opens there is nothing alive in the game that you can kill with jbb that you can't kill without. The cost vs change to play is overrated. You're better suited bane/torp in those 8 sec then Cani the next. It's a vanity item.

Pras the barb shaman tho

It's like saying the soul well staff from vp is a vanity item for necro because you're better off casting vexing mordania

lulz
Old 01-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JBB is important if you wanna try to solo some high end stuff. Jbb is 263 dmg mana free every 8 secs. Best shm dot Bane of nife is 241 dmg every 6 secs for 425 mana. Jbb is not necessary, it just opens a lot of possibilities.
Yeah but Bane of Nife, once cast, will keep doing that damage for a bunch of ticks. Rather than click JBB every 8 seconds, you can canni / torpor and cast other dots, keep near fm, etc. At lvl 60 when you are trying to get casts of Bane, Pox, Epic, Malo, Slow, Insidious Decay, Haste (for pet), Torpor...you simply aren't going to have a lot of 8-second windows to spare for casting JBB. Not to mention switching in a Journeyman's staff and/or a Proc weapon on summoners.

What we are saying is: there are plenty of 60 shamans hunting big targets who don't see the value in a JBB. Roll Iksar if you want. I like Barb for the Barb Spiritists Hammer, the ultimate 35-50 leveling weapon.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like saying the soul well staff from vp is a vanity item for necro because you're better off casting vexing mordania
bane + cani/torp while it ticks > 8 sec of face tank immobility/inability to do anything else, while you wait for a tick's worth of your bane to land.

basically you are going to at best, at the absolute best, do one epic clicks worth of damage to the mob with your JBB

If a mob has enough hitpoints (aka is high enough level) to allow you to click the JBB that any times, you will require torp/cani during that time, because even slowed a mob of that level will be dealing enough damage.

Now, I don't know crap about necro, but comparing one class to another like that is a fools errand because every class/item value is extraordinarily non-comparable.

you have to look at the numbers, not how valuable an item is to another entirely different class.

the numbers say, there is no value to a JBB beyond vanity and playstyle.

*edit* I'd also like to quote this excellent post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but Bane of Nife, once cast, will keep doing that damage for a bunch of ticks. Rather than click JBB every 8 seconds, you can canni / torpor and cast other dots, keep near fm, etc. At lvl 60 when you are trying to get casts of Bane, Pox, Epic, Malo, Slow, Insidious Decay, Haste (for pet), Torpor...you simply aren't going to have a lot of 8-second windows to spare for casting JBB. Not to mention switching in a Journeyman's staff and/or a Proc weapon on summoners.

What we are saying is: there are plenty of 60 shamans hunting big targets who don't see the value in a JBB. Roll Iksar if you want. I like Barb for the Barb Spiritists Hammer, the ultimate 35-50 leveling weapon.
I mean all that weve said aside, jbb can get you from 45-49 in a night of soloing. But once you hit 49 & are able to click that epic that was just sitting in your main hand until then, its like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 01-21-2016 at 02:22 PM..
Old 01-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Ok you wanna say that a mana free dmg item with a reasonable cast time and a reasonable dmg output is a vanity item, fine. I've been playing both an iksar shaman without jbb on live and a barbie here that got his jbb after getting 60 for 6 years so i think i know what i'm saying. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lulz
Old 01-21-2016, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok you wanna say that a mana free dmg item with a reasonable cast time and a reasonable dmg output is a vanity item, fine. I've been playing both an iksar shaman without jbb on live and a barbie here that got his jbb after getting 60 for 6 years so i think i know what i'm saying. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cool I have two 60 shamans on p99 and have been killing end game shit for 2 years with both of them so op listen to whichever one of us sounds smarter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

let me *edit* to less dickafy this post...

The reason it is a vanity item is because of a few things. 1 its cost vs change to play is purely a "playstyle" effect.... it by no means allows you to do anything that you cannot (either more efficiently or with equal efficency) do without it.

Because of the high (overestimated) value of the item the cost is astronomical compared to the change it provides in gameplay.

that 20k is better spent on bumping your HP by 150 or more and your DPS is better spent spamming bane/cani/torp than clicking that bracer every 8 seconds while doing nothing else.

*edit edit* but level 45-49 HOLY SHIT its bad fuckn ass. But the downside is you will really be bummed about the range of the epic after getting used to shooting totally OP ice lazers at mobs all night.
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 01-21-2016 at 03:57 PM..
Old 01-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

I think OP got his answer:

All races are fine. Some people really love the JBB. Some people really love playing Iksars. If you decide to play an Iksar Shaman, you are fine. You can't click the JBB, but you get some perks. Lots of barb, ogres, and troll shaman's don't bother with the JBB.

The real challenge is getting to 60 and getting enough plat or a guild to help with the epic, fungi (per-torpor), Torpor, Bane, Pox, Malo, Spirit of the Howler, Canni 4, and Focus of Spirit.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think OP got his answer:

All races are fine. Some people really love the JBB. Some people really love playing Iksars. If you decide to play an Iksar Shaman, you are fine. You can't click the JBB, but you get some perks. Lots of barb, ogres, and troll shaman's don't bother with the JBB.

The real challenge is getting to 60 and getting enough plat or a guild to help with the epic, fungi (per-torpor), Torpor, Bane, Pox, Malo, Spirit of the Howler, Canni 4, and Focus of Spirit.
yea this is the best way to put it
Closed Thread