Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, the map came out with the new UI in Luclin, which, ya know, the server uses.
No. Maps were a Ykesha thing. We didn't even have them at the start of PoP.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, the map came out with the new UI in Luclin, which, ya know, the server uses.
Spoken so matter-of-factly....
Old 05-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems setting it up is going to be my bane. Downloaded, extracted into EQ folder. Settings updated so when I run the batch it has the right EQ directory listed. However when I try to patch it downloads but sits at the Decompressing and installing step. Running Win 7. I'm not sure what is going wrong.
That's the patcher part of the app and it makes sure to update your p99 install to match the latest set of p99 files (so you don't have to install manually).

Scroll down a little bit and click the link that says "Mapper" to open the map app [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interested to see what it does to the size of EQ log files.

Any testing in terms of growth per hour / week etc?
I keep it on 24/7 on all my characters, it gets up to 20MB about once a month or so (and that is with my guys signed in 24/7 for the auction tracker when I'm not actively playing).

This map reader has been optimized pretty thoroughly since I did all my development on it against my 20MB log file - I had the scan for last direction/coords/zone down to under 3 seconds (and my machine is a little outdated to boot).

If you truncate your log file once a week (or don't /log as much as I do) and your file is under 5MB in size, you'll almost always have an instant response (vs 3 seconds) when it goes to scan for your information.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Banned

in the future, people will say "ah yes, i remember project1999, was great until some asshole publicly distributed map-hacks and other non classic shit"
way to go meatball, end of an era
Old 05-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. Maps were a Ykesha thing. We didn't even have them at the start of PoP.
It was a third party interface mod from eqmaps before it was incorporated into the release of the standard EQ UI. I thought that was before ykesha.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by no chewie dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in the future, people will say "ah yes, i remember project1999, was great until some asshole publicly distributed map-hacks and other non classic shit"
Yes, this simple application is going to single-handidly ruin Project 1999 ... even though all it does is the same thing anyone with 10 seconds, access to the wiki, and a finger can already do (and really the finger is optional if your eye can follow the loc lines). But before that, it will unleash an army of spies, hackers and moles who will secretly read your map files the same way spies/hackers/moles currently read your log files.

The end is coming!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Banned

go head, mock my words
you'll see though
Old 05-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by no chewie dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do you need a hug?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread