Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi my name is Stasis, I play 10 hours a week at random hours, and don't like raiding.

Which guild(team) am I applying to? Oh right none.

Teams I log on, a guild on my team is trying to do fear but people are fighting them, might as well go help them out and have some fun.

FFA always turns out the same, it's like the real world in a way. you want a neckbeard who shows up every week who is reliable, why even bother with a casual newb.

And this applies to all casuals.
I get that, and i agree it would be fun to try teams for that reason. Ive personally never played on a teams server and id probably enjoy fucking around on one for a bit. But its all about the pros and cons. If nobody can come up with a solution on how to dewreck a server that all the best crews have rolled on the same side (by mistake or intentionally), with other teams starting to depopulate, im not convinced this is the right choice vs a FFA server which is, not perfect, but not as bad as a teams server where other sides arent logging on because whats the point.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:17 PM
Kobold

Teams: Gnomes vs. Norrath
Old 01-18-2020, 07:21 PM
Banned

The only way i see a teams server working, is numbers. By having 1000+ log on, and it really isnt clear even for months who is going to come out on top. Also, just came out of the shower thinking about this. I could just picture someone like Cast parking his 50 mage in EC and decimating the orc groups like lol. Xp loss is easier on the lowbies than this. Devs gotta think of it this way: If theres a way to abuse it, someone will do it.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 01-18-2020 at 07:43 PM..
Old 01-19-2020, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Wow swish and ecoli can skip a whole lot of rubbish and not read. Losers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2020, 01:00 AM
Banned

Old 01-19-2020, 02:16 AM
Kobold

exp loss at 49 and 50 only, then 59 and 60 only
Old 01-19-2020, 03:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesulos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
exp loss at 49 and 50 only, then 59 and 60 only
Xp loss discourages PVP. Weve already been there. With all due respect, as much as it seems to be hard for Rogean to comprehend, people do enjoy pvp. "This isnt CoD" well it was CoD and everyone was enjoying it. I was enjoying so much i think when i quit the game when Luclin came out, a year and a half later, i was only 44. Youd spent the day pvping in crushbone and Gfay, log off, sleep, come back and there was still pvp nonstop everywhere around you.

The only thing i regret was not making it to the top to get a feel of how end game played out on Rallos with gear drop. Im guessing everyone had their gear on? Because it would make endgame content undoable if not? I remember having at least 7 pieces from the halloween event that were no drop, so i would guess when another crew zoned in, youd bag your shit, take out the no drop and patch out the rest with some crappier gear you didnt care to lose? Im extrapolating, i wish there was at least one person who could tell us.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

I'm likely in the minority but I'd like to see exp received doubled on a new pvp server.
This way new players could jump in and level up quick for 'instant' action.

I really don't think we need a huge grind on a server that will arguably have a lower pop than the pvm counter part.
It's the only way I see longevity working tbh.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm likely in the minority but I'd like to see exp received doubled on a new pvp server.
This way new players could jump in and level up quick for 'instant' action.

I really don't think we need a huge grind on a server that will arguably have a lower pop than the pvm counter part.
It's the only way I see longevity working tbh.
I'd like to see this as well. People want to PVP, not endure mind-numbing exp grinds. I still play on Red because of the exp bonus. PVP servers need QoL changes in order to attract people and offset the "scariness" of PVP. Exp loss in the early days of Red severely hurt the population. Global OOC, Yellow text on kills and exp bonus were all good additions, but the server needs even more. Soulbinders would be a good addition on Red since the population is so low.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Guys please don’t cry there is a viable option with RoZ.

Oh man I just pee’ed my pants lol. Fucking crapola of a server and mockery of eq.
Closed Thread