Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

If you die, zone, or go LD you no longer hold your camp. That’s how ive always seen it enforced.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Leaving a zone means giving up a camp. If it didn't it could be exploited.

That being the case I would definitely give a camp back to a person who I know had been camping something before and went LD. It sounds like the person you were dealing with was nice. Unfortunately, there are a lot of a-holes on the server so don't expect to always have the same kind of outcome in the future.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-20-2019, 12:49 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you die, zone, or go LD you no longer hold your camp. That’s how ive always seen it enforced.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

On the wiki I made a slightly longer version that basically says the same thing (but with more detail for those that like detail). Obviously it's not official, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate (and if it's not please correct me!):

Quote:
Players lose camps when any of the following occurs:
  • the player gives the camp to another player
    • this includes cases where one player is holding multiple camps and another player asks to share (the first player loses all camps but one)
  • the player leaves the zone, dies, or similarly "reloads" (eg. Evacuates or Succors ... but not being Call of the Heroed or Gating within zone, as those spells don't trigger "reloads")
  • the player fails to engage the mob(s) at the camp within a "reasonable" amount of time (where "reasonable" is interpreted by the staff member in question for each case; you are strongly encouraged to talk to the camp holder and give them the longest definition of "reasonable amount of time" you can manage)
  • IF the player has had their camp "challenged" (ie. if instead of doing as many camps as they want they have been forced by another player to pick a single camp) AND the player leaves that single camp for an extended period of time but stays within the zone ... they can lose the camp (but only a GM can decide whether they stayed close enough for long enough, or not).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Just to clarify the bit about Evac/Succor, I don't think Evac/Succor has ever been officially confirmed as making you lose a camp (I couldn't find a ruling for it either way) ... but logically it seems like it should, because I'm pretty sure while you're Evaccing someone can take a /who that shows you've left the zone (as you do leave the zone briefly while using these spells ... unlike CotH/Gate).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread