Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Well ikky bp will help in basically all situations, whereas the jbb is mostly only going to be useful in solo and maybe duo situations.

If you already have epic though then JBB is practically a vanity item compared to more regen

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

JBB is overrated.

I had one, was disappointed. Sold it ... then won another and sold it too.

It has a niche value for soloing 45-51 and that’s pretty much it. At 60 the math has been done and saving the cast time an investing on dot casts, torpor, and canni IV wins out.

For groups? Shamans that neglect their primary duties to JBB spam are just bad.

It’s a toy and not functionally worth the price.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-04-2019, 06:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JBB is overrated.

I had one, was disappointed. Sold it ... then won another and sold it too.

It has a niche value for soloing 45-51 and that’s pretty much it. At 60 the math has been done and saving the cast time an investing on dot casts, torpor, and canni IV wins out.

For groups? Shamans that neglect their primary duties to JBB spam are just bad.

It’s a toy and not functionally worth the price.
I disagree.

Not everyone will get their shaman to 60, and if they do they won’t necessarily have big things like epic/torpor. OP is 54 and can’t even afford an ikky bp yet.

Jbb is a fantastic item from 45 until a shaman has all those things you mentioned at 60. That’s a pretty massive gap for an item that’s not that expensive, sells quickly, and is just fun to click. If you’re solo spamming this it’s putting out almost as much damage as bane is, for free. Puts out over double what an epic does in the same time. Getting epic eventually? Great pair them together solo if you need to burn a mob down quicker.

If you have any intentions to solo it’s worth getting IMO. and Even in certain group settings it’s great if a shaman has nothing else to do and wants to add in some dps. Not hard to get a group buffed and slow mobs which leaves the shaman with little to do if there’s a cleric around. And It’ll be more sustained dps than a wizard probably.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:44 AM
Skeleton

Thanks again for comments/suggestions, I think I am going to go with the Iskar BP and try that out. Seems like an easy thing to re-sell if I am not happy with it.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Not to derail the thread, but jbb certainly has use at 60 if you're soloing. If you're torporing up and kinda low mana you can click this til you feel comfortable canning again.

Farming greens can be kinda useful too, but you can certainly live without it if you're not soloing hard content
Old 04-04-2019, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

JBB is great, I will never stop using mine, and yes I have torpor.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughthehand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

My Main is a 54 shaman and I have enough PP to splurge on a Fungi Covered Great staff. Already bought my 55 pet spell and would have enough to buy form of the great bear as well.

Just curious if this would be worth the purchase for the extra mana it would bring in? Or if I would be better off just pooling money for my higher levels spells.

Thanks for any input.
Whulfgar - 54 Barbarian Shaman
Unless they fix the fungi staff to stack with regrowth (as would be classic), its not of much use after 52. From 35-52 its amazing, though. JBBs and Fungi/Iksar Bp are always useful.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I'd say yes.

But I'm the shaman that still uses a fungi at 60 so /shrug

That being said, if you're looking for upgrades at 54 and don't have epic (or at least JBB) I'd shoot for one of those.
Do what this guy says, he's better then his peers
Old 04-16-2019, 06:32 PM
Orc

Instead of making my own thread, I figure I would just ask in this one: Does the iksar breastplate "regeneration" stack with the spell "regeneration" ?
Old 04-16-2019, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instead of making my own thread, I figure I would just ask in this one: Does the iksar breastplate "regeneration" stack with the spell "regeneration" ?
Yes
Closed Thread