Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha I’ve seen the parses of this weapon on low AC mobs 100+ dps without anything besides worn and epic haste.
Cool. I’ve seen and logged plenty of parses of this weapon well below 100 dps. Isolated parses are not indicative of expected sustained performance.

I’ve SEEN parses on low ac mobs with epic/SoM over 100dps. I’ve also had ridiculously lucky TStaff fights of my own over 140dps. If the stars and planets align and you get a string of never missing, always hitting high, always double attacking and 4-5 procs in a minute ... anomalies happen.

My 59 monk (epic/SoM vs TStaff) has fought side by side with Blam/SoM monks. The dps is pretty similar. It’s a good weapon for sure and I will be going out of my way to get one to play with but it’s not a massively game changing item for an epic monk. For a ranger or a warrior focusing on a dps role it’s a very very solid item. They don’t have the same caliber of weapon ratios that monks have.

We can go back and forth forever, but like it or not damage output is based on mathematical equations/mechanics. The variables are known. Weapon ratios +/- procs can be plugged in to calculate expected outcomes and the math in this situation is pretty straightforward. It has an excellent ratio that suffers from very slow speed. Epic has a ratio measurably worse (75% of the blam stick) but a speed 2.5x faster for dmg bonus application. Performance-wise they are within spitting distance of each other. Blam can pull ahead on trivial content. Epic can pull ahead on high ac content.

TStaff/IFS/PB are expected to beat both of them if and when the final patch goes live.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-12-2019, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Spent a few hours in Kael today before the quake. Epic/SoM (My monk is 59) won out over Blam/SoM (2 guys level 60) ~70% of the time. Sometimes we were about the same, rarely the blam was a bit higher. Never were we that far apart, and never did anyone parse consistently over 80 dps (much less 100+ dps) with 255 str and AQ level ench haste.

On average epic won out.
Uncommonly blam won out.

In general, they were close enough that it didn’t matter. On trivial content with low ac I’m sure the Blam would have fared a bit better. With Avatar and CoP the balance would likewise shift in a bit more in favor of the Blam.

Realistically though? They’re so close you might as well consider them equal Wallicker.

Epic fist is that good.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread