Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

I thought corpse dragging aggro was based on the corpse being dragged's faction, not the dragger's faction.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought corpse dragging aggro was based on the corpse being dragged's faction, not the dragger's faction.
That would be amazing! I hope that's the case.

Random_dragon_00: "Ah, one of our allies corpses is being dragged by invisible forces. Surely its ancestors are taking it for a proper burial. Let it be, friend. Stay your fiery wrath."
Random_dragon_01: "Nay, brother! That corpse is one of our enemies! See the baubles and markings! Burn it with fires, brother!"

*raar*
Old 05-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

I don't even remember if the hole has drag aggro. But that's how drag aggro worked back in classic that I recall.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Hole has no drag aggro. Only see-hide that I know of is Master Yael himself. If you’re on Brell faction you don’t need to hide/sneak past the elementals and golems.
<The Second Sons>
Old 05-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kael, Skyshrine, Temple of Veeshan, and Thurgadin(/Icewell Keep) have drag aggro:
  • If you are non-KoS you can drag your own corpse with no aggro.
  • You cannot drag someone else's corpse, regardless of their faction.
Drag aggro only applies if the dragger is visible to a mob and within its aggro radius. You are safe to drag others corpses if:
  • you are out of line of sight (the corpse doesn't have to be);
  • you are invisible and no mobs within line of sight of you see invis;
  • you are a rogue with sneak/hide and no mobs within line of sight of you see through it;
  • you are a Feign Death class and are FD'd when you drag.
This means you can hide behind a wall and drag someone's corpse out from underneath a mob, even if you're both KoS, without getting drag aggro.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

A Rogue's primary role is recognizing when it's time to hide and watch everybody else die around you. Don't be shy either, take it in and enjoy it. I like to stand and maybe /point or /laugh at people who are dying with no way out.

Always remember, you're the best and most important class. Without you your group/raid would probably wipe instantly. As a Rogue, you also have the added perk of being most likely to win a Fungi tunic 5 minutes after joining the group. Use these tools to your advantage.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 05-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Rogue's primary role is recognizing when it's time to hide and watch everybody else die around you. Don't be shy either, take it in and enjoy it. I like to stand and maybe /point or /laugh at people who are dying with no way out.

Always remember, you're the best and most important class. Without you your group/raid would probably wipe instantly. As a Rogue, you also have the added perk of being most likely to win a Fungi tunic 5 minutes after joining the group. Use these tools to your advantage.
Always use pickpocket on Myconid Spore King to maximize dps
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 05-08-2019, 02:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can't tell how much of this is sarcasm or humor or good advice.

Will have to try the Evade thing on my massively powerful level 6 Rogue. Are you saying that in a group situation, Evade is as good as feign death? (But obviously useless soloing)
Old 05-08-2019, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Q: What is the evade skill I've heard about and why can't I train it?

A: Evasion is not a skill in the normal sense of the word, it's a trick that rogues can manage by using hide to lower their aggro in combat. A rogue simply exits combat and presses their hot-key for the Hide skill. Most rogues set up a hot-key macro to do this.

Evade does not completely remove aggro, and it does not work when soloing (see this thread).
nm
Old 05-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't tell how much of this is sarcasm or humor or good advice.

Will have to try the Evade thing on my massively powerful level 6 Rogue. Are you saying that in a group situation, Evade is as good as feign death? (But obviously useless soloing)

Pretty legit post tbh. We're the main DPS in raids and surviving a situation due to being observant, by holding off from engaging an encounter and hiding instead, is both hilarious and really kind of important. You get to watch everyone around you die, but you're also in position to drag all the bodies immediately. You have to weigh whether you jumping in will prevent a wipe or if it's smarter to observe the subtle nuances of how man-sized frogs bludgeon your group mates to death, then drag them to the entrance.
Closed Thread