Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-29-2017, 10:30 PM
Aviak

Default Certain UI mods

Are there any mods that track timers for buffs on others?

And/or very 'good' or 'specific' shaman UI's?

Looking for some ways to track things like slow timer, buffs on group members, haste on pet, etc.

Rumor was there was a giant p99 gina trigger pack floating around but I can't find anyone with it.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Can't use UI's with buff timers, GM's specifically removed them. GINA does all the things you're wanting but it's not part of the UI. I've never seen a decent trigger pack around, you'll just have to set it up manually. I don't know much about what ever Regex actually is, but that's how you track what player/mobs the spell was cast on in GINA.

Example for Alacrity:

Search Text: ^{s} feels much faster.
Timer name: Alacrity ( {S} )
Result in your on screen timer bar: Alacrity ( markcosmin/whoever it was cast on )

Basically you just copy/paste the "cast on other" line from the wiki and replace "someone" with ^{s}

Example for slow (Enchanter slow)

Search text: ^{s} slows down.
Timer name: Slow = {s}
Result on your screen: Slow = A Decaying Skeleton in the timer bar

You can also get GINA to read tells/anything or just display it in an overlay with

Search text: {S} tells you, '{S1}'
Display Text: {S} - {S1}

^This will display text in your overlay size, if you want audio tells you add
Use text to speech: {S} - {S1}

Someone that knows more about Regex may have a better system, but that's what works for me as someone who never heard of regex until reading the GINA forums.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

GMs have previously said software that adds functionality that was intentionally removed is against the rules.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs have previously said software that adds functionality that was intentionally removed is against the rules.
Your going to have to provide a link or something because I have never once seen that said anywhere

My understanding is that as long as it does not touch memory or automate anything, that it is allowed. There are hundreds of players using GINA for various things. All it does is parse the log file and Rogean has stated in the past that programs as such are allowed. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...90&postcount=5
Old 10-13-2017, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your going to have to provide a link or something because I have never once seen that said anywhere

My understanding is that as long as it does not touch memory or automate anything, that it is allowed. There are hundreds of players using GINA for various things. All it does is parse the log file and Rogean has stated in the past that programs as such are allowed. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...90&postcount=5
It was from one of sirken's videos.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

So.... is GINA permitted by GMs or no? Looks cool and I want to use it, but not worth a BAN or anything.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, anything that only reads the log file is ok.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Most players use GINA - its not illegal
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Here's the relevant rule; I've bolded the key parts and added a clarifying comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651
Third Party Tools, Exploiting
Project 1999 severely disallows and actively tracks players who use Third Party Programs / Cheating.

Any program that provides an unintended advantage or gleams access to information not otherwise available [(log files are "otherwise available")] is very strictly prohibited.
Any program that interacts, inspects, or modifies the Everquest client in any way is not allowed.

Note that the programs "Macroquest" and "ShowEQ", or any program that behaves like them, are strictly disallowed.

Project 1999 uses anti-cheat software to detect this type of behavior. The effort put forth to catch this is much more active than anything Sony has done on Live Everquest. Players caught breaking this rule are permanently banned.

WinEQ2 by Lavishsoft is the only program with an exception to this rule.
Programs that provide audible ques or overlay information by only reading the Everquest Log Files are currently allowed.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

http://imgur.com/a/XYvAZTZ

as long as it reads the logs its okay confirmed youre welcome

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>