Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefloydian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the only thread on this entire site that has mentioned the fact that Brad's own development team thinks he scammed them. Brad is a guy the developers of this supported openly. They then locked this thread for no reason other than their own embarrassment.

And since when did the P99 server chat forum have "meaningful discussion" as a prerequisite?

In conclusion: You're a moron and you should probably stop posting here.
i know its your thread and i'm kinda of upset it was moved too, but take a fucking breath man. stand up. do some jumping jacks. i meant no offense so please accept my apologies.

thanks for collecting the information into one place so we can follow.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For as little as it might be worth: I thought it was bullshit that this thread was sent to RnF, as well, especially *when* it was sent. Thread simply was / is not toxic and not RnF material, especially when you consider the other kinds of threads that get moved.

I have actually been kind of relying on this kind of post to keep me updated on what's going on with that train-wreck of a project, as information online is scattered and scarce, and thefloydian has been somewhat of a PRotF aggregator.

In closing: let us out of your mind box, maaaaaan!
First thread ever to get moved to RNF because the posters in it were discussing a topic that they didn't know enough about.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

when the dev talk was happening thread got moved out of server chat. if it was off topic it proly would've stayed.

wouldn't be surprised if mr. brad paid himself nicely. ego a hell of thing regardless of the troughs.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Fire Giant

lol brad mcquaid
Old 04-22-2014, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefloydian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Salim came on KTAM tonight and said Brad paid himself a crazy salary and killed the project.
Man if that's actually true that is really shitty. I'm pretty upset about this, I feel like the dude has definitely screwed the pooch on this one.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Banned

How did anyone not possibly see this after Vanguard?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Sarnak

Literally google the simple letters"Brad Mc" and "Brad McQuaid Drug Abuser" is 4th on the list. nuff said.

As much as we all wud of liked this game 2 of happened, shits expensive (150k literally nothing), hard to make, and in honesty probably wouldn't of worked had it came to alpha/beta. There is a reason why WoW is the biggest game since 2004. This thread is in RnF and probably most fitting section, there is literally 5k ppl on the server at best, and already non-stop crying/obsession/etc about the top guild at the time/blackburrow fangs gone/etc again. Now imagine the server population even quadrupled.

Yall don't want a new game, yall want something you dont know. But it todays age, literally spoiler guides to content before it even comes out. The same complaints us 20ish year old will have when we're older. "This shit sucks, we had REAL music back in our day. Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga" Nothing will ever be the same, and really nothing close to it unless something even crazier than a MMORPG comes out.

Now, 60k for an opiate addiction, thats very easily about a year of bein fucked up. He could have made prolly double/triple the cash but Brad wanted 2 cash out and get fucked up NOW! After that though, agreed we will read about a Brad suicide or stupid overdose. YOLO.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First thread ever to get moved to RNF because the posters in it were discussing a topic that they didn't know enough about.
Good ol' Sirken..
Old 04-23-2014, 04:52 AM
Banned

"Then, when We decreed (Solomon's) death, nothing showed them his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his staff: so when he fell down, the jinn saw plainly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have tarried in the humiliating penalty (of their task)." (Qurʾan 34:14)
Old 04-23-2014, 05:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally google the simple letters"Brad Mc" and "Brad McQuaid Drug Abuser" is 4th on the list. nuff said.

As much as we all wud of liked this game 2 of happened, shits expensive (150k literally nothing), hard to make, and in honesty probably wouldn't of worked had it came to alpha/beta. There is a reason why WoW is the biggest game since 2004. This thread is in RnF and probably most fitting section, there is literally 5k ppl on the server at best, and already non-stop crying/obsession/etc about the top guild at the time/blackburrow fangs gone/etc again. Now imagine the server population even quadrupled.

Yall don't want a new game, yall want something you dont know. But it todays age, literally spoiler guides to content before it even comes out. The same complaints us 20ish year old will have when we're older. "This shit sucks, we had REAL music back in our day. Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga" Nothing will ever be the same, and really nothing close to it unless something even crazier than a MMORPG comes out.

Now, 60k for an opiate addiction, thats very easily about a year of bein fucked up. He could have made prolly double/triple the cash but Brad wanted 2 cash out and get fucked up NOW! After that though, agreed we will read about a Brad suicide or stupid overdose. YOLO.
Forget about all the stuff that you said about Brad, or the fact you are mouthing off about it because this is the RNF forum for a second. Who the fuck do you think you are that you know what we do or do not want? Also, and I'm really tired of hearing this, but why the hell do you think EverQuest is a liked game. People think it's because it was our first foray into MMOs, or maybe it's because of nostalgia. Here's what I would like to propose, and you probably won't like it because I doubt your brain can handle the concept; EverQuest is the definition of perfect chaos.

EverQuest was created by a team of people that had very little game design experience, very little foresight into game mechanics, and shit is imbalanced as all fuck, but it's perfect. The reason that it's perfect is because it takes chances and it rolls with ideas. It is fearless. WoW was a perfect storm building off of the success of games previous to it and exploding into something uncontrollable, and it has brought down and sunk every single MMO that has released since it. It is actually such a large anomaly that every MMO that competes with it should just have never existed.

People don't want a new game, they want a BETTER EverQuest, they want an EverQuest that has current graphics, has a non-clunky interface, a game that actually has consequences for what your fucking character does in the stupid fucking game. They want mechanics that are punishing and unforgiving and they want the journey to the top to mean something more than just following quest hubs and getting to the max level to raid.

They wanted Vanguard. Something that people don't talk much about, but something I know and I'm sure several others do as well, but not very long after the release of World of Warcraft and the success that it garnered, there was a memo that went out to the teams of people working on MMOs and they were asked to make their games more like WoW. Thus the SWG new combat, thus many of the other directional changes that Sony took in regards to EverQuest, EverQuest 2, etc. No one wanted Brad's vision, not even Sony after they bought Sigil.

The point I'm making is that people are greedy, and I am tired of assholes telling me what I do or do not want. I don't want EverQuest with new graphics, I just want a game that is better than EverQuest and has some fucking balls. I want a game that is smarter than me just running a treadmill.
Closed Thread