Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Default What Achievements (if P99 Had Them) Would You Be Most Proud of?

So it's Friday afternoon, I'm bored at work, and my brain wanders to a strange thought: what if Project 1999 had achievements, similar World of Warcraft (or other games)? In other words what if you got a special "badge" that others could see when, for instance ...
  • you kill a major monster (eg. Vox)
  • you visit every zone in the game
  • you perform (as a cleric) your 1,000th rez
  • you max out every language skill
  • you complete your epic quest
  • etc.

Now, I'm pretty young (level 39) on this server, so I personally haven't really achieved anything yet, but on my original Everquest character there were a few things I was proud of accomplishing. And that made me wonder: for those who have been here awhile, what achievements (and you can imagine any, as long as it's something the system could actually track) would you want to get, or have already, and want to show off?

To put it another way, what (trackable) Project 99 accomplishment are you most proud of?

Now I realize this matters ... well, not at all, but like I said it's Friday afternoon and I'm bored, so I'm hoping at least a couple other people are too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Live has achievements. They could have done it better but its basically like a achievement list/tracker list for all the quests for each xpac for the last few. Here on P99 probably Epic and full Planar/Sky gear, Full Spellbook, Max all none tradeskills, Have a few 250/200 Tradeskill toons.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Wow, I think everyone else was intimidated in to not providing their own list because your's was so impressive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was particularly impressed with "a few 250/200 tradeskill toons." Having done tradeskills heavily back on live, I understand just how much time that must have taken. Kudos.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, I think everyone else was intimidated in to not providing their own list because your's was so impressive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was particularly impressed with "a few 250/200 tradeskill toons." Having done tradeskills heavily back on live, I understand just how much time that must have taken. Kudos.
haha well the 250/200 isnt a reality yet due to some tradeskill recipes that are lacking but am working to just max them all as much as i can on 2 toons. I have 3 toons on live with 300 in all tradeskills so while it is alot of work its something i also enjoy.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

For an Enchanter achievement branch: transform into each native race at their home city and hail a guard. I would call it "When with Gnome, do as the Gnome-mans do." (When in Rome. . .)

Maybe some kind of "Regicide" achievement for killing all the leader mobs like Emperor Crush, the Froglok King, King Xorbb. . . No kingdom is too small to ruin the lands of!!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Sarnak

Obtained all PoSky Quest Items for my class.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

My SAC Sheet
Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

1 Million + in assets. Max lvl character 20. =p
Old 10-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 Million + in assets. Max lvl character 20. =p
i did that in 2001. you way late to the party :P
Old 10-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Damn!